What do YOU do when you are bit?

pauldbk99

A) pretend as if nothing has happened and put on the poker face for the rest of your life.

B) Go to the nearest safehouse and drop off all your belongings and then desperately kill yourself in hopes to get a new character....

Everyone will come up in arms, but I usually let myself die, then reload my character from my backup to continue testing the current stable build.......... It's not that I don't want to lose all my stuff/base, it's just that it's easier to find bugs/suggestions if you don't have to start over every 10 minutes.

On multi-player I pretend like nothing happened, take all my stuff, and die in the woods somewhere to let everyone wonder what exactly happened to me... or why is there a body with tons of loot on it in the middle of nowhere....

Quit & become so annoyed :mad: because after grinding time and much effort to level up your skills, it all boils back to ZERO because you'll very much likely die from a bite. I once reached 1 level 4 and a couple level 3s and getting 7500 xp wasn't a joke. It makes players not wanting to play the game anymore because dying is inevitable and getting all your skills to 0 is an assurance. :cry:  

It would have been nicer if server/s saves at least a percent of your hard earned levels to boost a bit of your hope after dying to keep players attached to the game somehow.  (clyde) I hardly see regular players after couple of weeks playing on a server. Dunno if others feel the same but that is what I feel about the game.

Quit & become so annoyed :mad: because after grinding time and much effort to level up your skills, it all boils back to ZERO because you'll very much likely die from a bite. I once reached 1 level 4 and a couple level 3s and getting 7500 xp wasn't a joke. It makes players not wanting to play the game anymore because dying is inevitable and getting all your skills to 0 is an assurance. :cry:  

It would have been nicer if server/s saves at least a percent of your hard earned levels to boost a bit of your hope after dying to keep players attached to the game somehow.  (clyde) I hardly see regular players after couple of weeks playing on a server. Dunno if others feel the same but that is what I feel about the game.

I used to feel like that but I changed with time. It seems annoying at first that something like that ruins all your work but in the end, I feel it adds to the "Roguelite" experience. Death is an important part of the game and is something that drives people to do everything they can to survive. They say "There was no hope of survival" in the intro to the game, but the fact is, there is. There is always the possibility to survive one day longer. Even though all the food may spoil, and the nonperishables will dwindle, there are ways of finding more. The winters will be harsh, but survivable. Bites are like that. There's always a chance. The odds may be stacked against you, but there is still that tiny chance of survival.

On servers especially I find it's important that they make sure you don't keep a portion of traits on death. If someone had very high or maxxed out combat skills, they go into the apocalypse already doing significantly better than any other newspawn. It gives them too much of an advantage in the next life. Let's say someone maxxed carpentry, and gets skill level 4 in their next life from out of 10. This immediately makes them have more skill than someone who spent points to get handy or carpenter. Make it lower than four and it's not really worth anything since it's easy to reach those levels with a little work. Additionally, the skill points required to level skills would basically be ignored.

If you want to play without infection, though, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that, no matter what "Hardcore" players may say. It's a game for you to enjoy. Based on what you said, I'd recommend trying sandbox with infection disabled, potentially slightly stronger zombies to counter that, and maybe a higher multiplier for skill gain if you find them tedious to level.

I used to feel like that but I changed with time. It seems annoying at first that something like that ruins all your work but in the end, I feel it adds to the "Roguelite" experience. Death is an important part of the game and is something that drives people to do everything they can to survive. They say "There was no hope of survival" in the intro to the game, but the fact is, there is. There is always the possibility to survive one day longer. Even though all the food may spoil, and the nonperishables will dwindle, there are ways of finding more. The winters will be harsh, but survivable. Bites are like that. There's always a chance. The odds may be stacked against you, but there is still that tiny chance of survival.

On servers especially I find it's important that they make sure you don't keep a portion of traits on death. If someone had very high or maxxed out combat skills, they go into the apocalypse already doing significantly better than any other newspawn. It gives them too much of an advantage in the next life. Let's say someone maxxed carpentry, and gets skill level 4 in their next life from out of 10. This immediately makes them have more skill than someone who spent points to get handy or carpenter. Make it lower than four and it's not really worth anything since it's easy to reach those levels with a little work. Additionally, the skill points required to level skills would basically be ignored.

If you want to play without infection, though, that's fine. There's nothing wrong with that, no matter what "Hardcore" players may say. It's a game for you to enjoy. Based on what you said, I'd recommend trying sandbox with infection disabled, potentially slightly stronger zombies to counter that, and maybe a higher multiplier for skill gain if you find them tedious to level.

Thank you. I got your points completely.  (fedora)

Depends, if it's a new world as soon as I see i'm bitten i just delete the save and start again. If it's a world i've been on for a long time I'll put all my stuff away drink bleach and go to sleep or something. Honestly most of the time I die from being trapped in a corner and mauled to death.