What do YOU do when you are bit?

pauldbk99

It's inevitable, one day you loot a house, forget to check a room, run into it and discover one or more zombies, you do manage to fight them off, but you discover that you were bit. Now what do you do in such a situation, when you know that the end is near?

Gather as many valuables as I can (axes, sledge, hammer, boxes of nails) into the 3 biggest bags I have. Then head to a fairly secure, fairly remote safe house (for re-gathering).

Drop everything on the floor.

I NEVER go for suicide. I usually use a bitten character to try and trip as many house alarms as possible before death. You know, clear up the areas for future scavenging.

Treat the wound and hope I don't get infected.  In previous versions I had a character survive a bite twice.  More recently I have had no such luck with either scratches or bites.  I thought I read somewhere that there is a 4-5% chance that a bite will not result in infection and a 75% chance a scratch will not result in infection.'

Maybe someone with more information can share.  In any case, once I show signs of infection it is time for a shooting spree.

I take all guns and ammo I gathered and go zombie hunting or drink bleach and jump off the tallest building I find. Depends on whether being bit pissed me off or if I just didn't care and want to get a new character.

I make them pay by taking as many of the sorry bastards as I can out   :evil:  So it's load up the guns and go zombie hunting 

I always play with the hypochondriac trait, so I never know if I'm really infected until the dreaded "zombified" status pops up. However, since you can survive even when "zombified" as long as you remain well fed, I still have enough time to fuck shit up. I don't replay old saves with new characters, so I have no concerns about losing my base or valuables. I'm going down? Well, I'm taking the whole town with me...

I wait to find out if I'm actually infected, but since I usually play with the "hypochondriac" and "prone to illness" traits it almost always results in an infection.

At that point, I drop everything on my person for the next character to find. Then I proceed to run into a large horde... in my undergarments.

I ONCE managed not get through the bite, that is survive - it was on a multiplayer server, my very first experience. Plain luck.

Other then that, if you are bit, pray you'll make it ^^ no other way (ofc, stashing loot and committing a suicide is also an option).

I generally keep playing and hope it turns out for the best. I once survived 2 bites in a row, with like 1 week inbetween each bite... That was extremely lucky, but ever since I always play like my character hopes to survive it.

Also, I'm confused english-wise. Are we supposed to say "you've been bit" or "you've been bitten" ? the first one sounds cool, the second one sounds right. which one is it ?