Some suggestions and questions about construction system

blackteapie

1. upgrade on buildings

I know that the outlook of some buildings like wooden wall will change. But I need destroy the old one to build new one on the same location. could the buildings be upgraded to the new version?

2. Some new buildings and upgrades I think it is necessary.

First, food storage (like cellar)or any building which can increase food's shelf life (like the smoke-room).

Second, upgrades on the campfire kit. At least let us upgrading the camp fire to have some wall and fence around it to avoid stepping upon the fire while using the campfire.

Third, some other production buildings, like forge and anvil.

3. Could we collect some resources (like bricks) from destroying a building?

4. building multiple constructures together. I mean build multiple buildings together if they are the same kind like walls. It's more like a planning mechnism,which allowed the players to have better view on the outlook of their construction.

5. load-bearing mechanism?maybe?

BTW, would PZ allow any recycle mechanism or functions to those useless or broken item. For example, changing rotten food into fertilizer.

3. I think a masonry skill would be cool - It wouldn't be a cryptic thing. A lot of guys in construction have skill in brick-laying, and it might be a tedious task in-game, but I could see it being good for near-impenetrable walls.

4. I guess I'm not totally sure what you are asking...but here goes. Are you getting at some sort of 'blueprint' system? Like what's used in 'Prison Architect? (For those not familiar, the game is a top-down prison building 'simulator.' It has a feature where you can plot buildings on the real-world game map in 'pencil,' and you just fill in the lines with actual items as you have resources for.) I think it would be useful...but I myself haven't had such complex structures in the game that required such a feature. If it were there, I'd likely use it.

3. I think a masonry skill would be cool - It wouldn't be a cryptic thing. A lot of guys in construction have skill in brick-laying, and it might be a tedious task in-game, but I could see it being good for near-impenetrable walls.

4. I guess I'm not totally sure what you are asking...but here goes. Are you getting at some sort of 'blueprint' system? Like what's used in 'Prison Architect? (For those not familiar, the game is a top-down prison building 'simulator.' It has a feature where you can plot buildings on the real-world game map in 'pencil,' and you just fill in the lines with actual items as you have resources for.) I think it would be useful...but I myself haven't had such complex structures in the game that required such a feature. If it were there, I'd likely use it.

4. I think we have the same idea.

i want to add a ghost building, instead of carring all the material in your inventory you can establish a ghost building/schematic where you store those materials until you have enought to build it.

This is a great idea, I think Haven and Hearth had a mechanic like this and it's really good way to go about building things.