Suggestions for Traits

IronCoffins

This is one of the core components for the game that has always interested me, and with build 31 on the brink, we get first hand to experiment and play with some of these. This is what will make mutiplayer and more importantly npc's dynamic and exciting since we can never know what to expect at any given moment from anyone, pretty much like real life. Things from good to bad to (random genetic traits) like starting a new game and you character happens to be a diabetic so you may need to find sweet things to eat more often. Stuff like that makes it interesting and fresh, besides what the player can choose from. Cuz most players will try and choose the "best" traits while choosing the "least worst" ones to counter. Though the devs have plans to change that so its not so easy this random trait idea can throw you a curve ball that the player must deal with.(oh shit my player has what wrong with them?!?) moment is priceless. Anyway here is a list of all possible traits i can think of from good to evil to leadership and the like.

Some character traits have to do with your underlying values or beliefs. Some examples of these types of character traits include:

• Religious
  • Honest
  • Loyal
  • Loving
  • Kind
  • Sincere
  • Devoted
  • Ambitious
  • Satisfied
  • Happy
  • Faithful
  • Patient
  • Determined
  • Persistent
  • Adventurous
  • Homebody
  • Considerate
  • Cooperative
  • Cheerful
  • Optimistic
  • Pessimistic
  • Funny

Some character traits can be bad, and you may not want these traits associated with you. Some examples of these types of character traits include:

• Dishonest
  • Disloyal
  • Unkind
  • Mean
  • Rude
  • Disrespectful
  • Impatient
  • Greedy
  • Angry
  • Pessimistic
  • Repugnant
  • Cruel
  • Unmerciful
  • Wicked
  • Obnoxious
  • Malicious
  • Grumpy
  • Quarrelsome
  • Caustic
  • Selfish
  • Unforgiving

A leader or person who likes to be in charge may have the following character traits:

• Domineering 
  • Boorish 
  • Persuasive 
  • Ambitious 
  • Bossy 
  • Disparaging 
  • Picky 
  • Sly 
  • Cold-hearted 
  • Rude 
  • Self-centered
  • Conceited  

Some character traits can be consciously developed, learned or acquired. For example, character traits that you may consciously choose to learn or adopt

include:

• Educated
  • Informed

Some character traits for children include:(mind u i know kids are not planed for the game, but hey lets face it not everyone become mature, they just get taller):

• Playful 
  • Zany 
  • Active 
  • Wild 
  • Silly 
  • Affectionate 
  • Funny 
  • Rough 
  • Talkative
  • Rowdy 
  • Smart 
  • Fidgety 
  • Shy 
  • Lively 
  • Submissive
  • Stubborn 

For example, some character traits that can be used for a main character that is a hero include:  

• Dauntless 
  • Strong 
  • Courageous 
  • Reliable 
  • Fearless 
  • Daring 
  • Tough 
  • Brave  

If character is a romantic interest, he may have the following character traits:

• Charming 
  • Loving 
  • Affectionate 
  • Lovestruck 
  • Charismatic 
  • Ugly
  • Evil
  • Cunning
  • Deceptive
  • Murderous
  • Psychotic

good list, but i would worry that a lot of the negative ones would end up in the same boat as the current brooding+short tempered+light drinker wombo combo for essentially free points

it was said in a mondoid or so ago that those traits were a given for pretty much free points. But there is a overhaul in the works so don't get to comfortable with the current set up.

If I were a writer (which I like to think I am), I would use your post to help me think of interesting descriptions for my characters.

I appreciate that, yea i did alot of short story's and the like back in the day, not so much anymore, however these all do come in handy for creating your own character personality. Glad to have helped!