Sort By Weight

CaptKaspar

Currently we can sort our inventory only by category and alphabetically (item).

I suggest there be the option to sort by weight.

This would expedite inventory management, possibly get the player to playing again sooner instead of doing as much inventory management, and will not effect the game play difficulty at all.

I would think it would be a very simple feature to add, so I hope to see it soon!

• 4 years later...
10 hours ago, Eep² said:

Still no after 3 years?? Come on, devs, wake the hell up...

Think there are bigger things on our plates right now :D

This will be unlikely to find its way in until the UI is getting its overhaul.  

You'll find lots of smaller quality of life changes that would be nice to have and have been suggested years ago. We're aware of them and they'll be implemented when the time is right. Right now, the whole team is working on animations, as stated.

Animation != gameplay

Animation is a fluff add-on with a lower priority than common-sense user interface design which DIRECTLY affects/impacts gameplay. Too many developers add new features instead of fixing/improving existing features; this is known as "feature creep".

43 minutes ago, Eep² said:

Animation != gameplay

Animation is a fluff add-on with a lower priority than common-sense user interface design which DIRECTLY affects/impacts gameplay. Too many developers add new features instead of fixing/improving existing features; this is known as "feature creep".

Y'know, those animations are not just "Animations"...

50 minutes ago, Eep² said:

Animation != gameplay

I’m sorry to disagree, but I get the impression that you have not been following the development of the game closely. 

Animations will without a doubt have a significanrly greater impact on gameplay than a minor QOL UI tweak. 

Anyone who has ever played this game with friends or public MP knows, this game needs the new animations and they will have a massive impact on gameplay. Knowing what other players are doing visually is a massive improvement in gameplay. Knowing what your friends/enemies are doing is incredibly useful in every situation. 

For both MP and SP combat will be significantly different with the new animations. How you move through the world will be different (for instance hopping tall fences or crouching behind low walls). The game will also be more immersive with a richer foundation in lore with the new skins. Gameplay will be different in how you manage the blood/dirt on the layers of your clothing. 

I could go on.

I am the one who originally suggested the UI update to sort by weight, and I strongly disagree that my suggestion is more important for gameplay than the new animations coming.

Edited by CaptKaspar

9 hours ago, Eep² said:

Animation != gameplay

Read the doids.

22 hours ago, Eep² said:

Animation != gameplay

I think when you can actually play the update that we call the Animation update/overhaul you'll find that a minor quality of life change in the UI was, in fact, less important than working on the base for the upcoming NPC mechanics.  I don't expect you to read through 4 years of blog posts, so I understand how the name of the update and quick glances over blog posts could leave the impression that all we're adding with this are a couple of extra animations.

The animation update is the biggest update PZ has seen so far as it comes with massive changes to the game engine,  affecting combat and other gameplay mechanics while also adding a whole new mechanic with crouching for an actual sneaking mechanic, and later on in the animal update more expanded stealth options.

It's easily 1/4th of the game's code completely rewritten, as it affects how the game controls players and zombies, including their AI. Of course, it also lets us add more animations that will be setting the mood for encounters, enhance the combat as well as the visual experience that players are getting by having actual animations represent actions instead of the character standing there staring in the distance, only an ounce less appealing than a flat out t-pose.

I cannot stress enough how much more important this update is compared to a change to the UI that will be more fitting when the UI overhaul is being tackled.

All of the changes and possibilities this update will bring are easily overshadowing the little comfort that a sort-by-weight option in the UI would bring.

We're not dimwits and if trusting us with knowing how to prioritize is too much to ask, there's not much else to say.

• 3 months later...

I was going to suggest this until I used the search mechanism and found this post! 

And also good to know that is already in the list. After we get the animation update of course! 

OMG I can't wait for it! The game will be so freaking cool with all those anims!

Ok, I will stop, I'm sounding like a little girl. lol

• 1 month later...