Project Zomboid is a shining example of early access done right

aperture_tech

I'll echo the sentiment about PZ going on in this thread.

I purchased the game through Steam Early Access a little over a week ago, and I've already clocked 101 hours in the game. It's gotten me so interested in the game, that I've started looking through Lua code and scripting, and started to learn how things work. Very few games I've played have gotten me this excited enough to want to start modding and contributing towards it in such a short time.

Keep up the great work, devs! And to the fantastic modding community, big thanks to you as well!

I think its worth a special mention to note that regular and consistent dev blogs makes a huge difference to how any dev studio is perceived.

A game can even have very few actual updates, but if there is a regular dev blog on a certain day, like the Mondoids, it makes all the difference to how 'in touch with the community' people feel.

Even if im not playing the game in question there are several games out there who regularly and consistently post a 'blog' of some form on a certain day which I always look forward to reading.

I think its worth a special mention to note that regular and consistent dev blogs makes a huge difference to how any dev studio is perceived.

A game can even have very few actual updates, but if there is a regular dev blog on a certain day, like the Mondoids, it makes all the difference to how 'in touch with the community' people feel.

Even if im not playing the game in question there are several games out there who regularly and consistently post a 'blog' of some form on a certain day which I always look forward to reading.

Yeah man, I'm always hyped for the mondoids. Including right now.