Count on Me! [Beginning]

Austin

Count on Me!

Created by Austin

Introduction: 
    Hello everyone! It has definitely been awhile since I have worked on any sort of mod for Project Zomboid or even any other game. I've since the abandonment of my first two mods, Fletchery and the We Need More Guns mods, been thinking about revamping them or maybe even making a new mod. I thought out a pretty good idea for the new mod but I never got myself to even begin working on it..until today. Of course I am a bit dry when it comes to working with Lua and Project Zomboid but I figure that won't be a problem and I plan on working with it a bunch this weekend. Now..onto what the mod is going to be.. 

What is this s**t?:
    Count on Me is going to be an addition to the medical part of Project Zomboid. Think making your own medicine from herbs and cutting your arm off. Maybe even studying dead zombies bodies? Figuring out how they died? My goal with this mod is to add more story to the game and more shit to mess around with honestly.. I can't really go into more information because I don't necessarily have all the answers and the mod entirely planned out yet.

When???:
    I've already started progress on the mod but don't expect a whole bunch of progress in the first couple of days. I definitely need to warm back up in Lua before large portions of progress are made. After that I believe in about 4 days I should have a "playable" version of the mod out. I'll start with some of the simpler(herd medicine) parts of the mod first before I begin the more complex parts(limb removal). After school tomorrow i'll make the list of things needed to be done for all of you whom wish to follow the development of this mod can follow it a bit easier. I'll update it every time I finish something.

Progress List(red-haven't started, yellow-working on, green-finished)

• Item Database & Research
  • Item Integration(bound to expand)
  • New Skill(bound to expand)
  • Limb Removal & "Replacement"
  • Corpse Expansion(bound to expand)
  • ect..(will definitely expand as mod progresses  ^_^ )

Anyways everyone, thank you for reading and i'm sorry if for some reason I wasted your time. This shit took awhile to type so don't be mad, it annoyed me too. ;)

edit: Added the "list'

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Styxx42

Fantastic idea.

We are in my group already Rping and trapping our OLD dead selves in a Zombie pen.

It would be great to have to capture a live zombie to do research on them.

Cutting off a limb is a great idea to save your life.

Herbs is an great idea.

I will watch this thread with great anticipation.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is this still gonna happen?

Definitely, I've just had a lot of things happening this summer that I didn't think would occur. It's been pushed back a little bit but I definitely plan on doing this so don't lose faith! :) 

Definitely, I've just had a lot of things happening this summer that I didn't think would occur. It's been pushed back a little bit but I definitely plan on doing this so don't lose faith! :)

Mod idea sounds cool. Just a note that you might want to wait just a little to see what RJ is currently cooking up in terms of botany.

From our last Mondoid:

[...]And the ball goes to RJ! He’s working on some new things to do with botany. We’ll release more details soon, but for now we’ll just say that it will have some big implications for those who like to rough it in the wilderness.[...]

Count on Me!

Created by Austin

Introduction: 

Hello everyone! It has definitely been awhile since I have worked on any sort of mod for Project Zomboid or even any other game. I've since the abandonment of my first two mods, Fletchery and the We Need More Guns mods, been thinking about revamping them or maybe even making a new mod. I thought out a pretty good idea for the new mod but I never got myself to even begin working on it..until today. Of course I am a bit dry when it comes to working with Lua and Project Zomboid but I figure that won't be a problem and I plan on working with it a bunch this weekend. Now..onto what the mod is going to be.. 

What is this s**t?:

Count on Me is going to be an addition to the medical part of Project Zomboid. Think making your own medicine from herbs and cutting your arm off. Maybe even studying dead zombies bodies? Figuring out how they died? My goal with this mod is to add more story to the game and more shit to mess around with honestly.. I can't really go into more information because I don't necessarily have all the answers and the mod entirely planned out yet.

When???:

I've already started progress on the mod but don't expect a whole bunch of progress in the first couple of days. I definitely need to warm back up in Lua before large portions of progress are made. After that I believe in about 4 days I should have a "playable" version of the mod out. I'll start with some of the simpler(herd medicine) parts of the mod first before I begin the more complex parts(limb removal). After school tomorrow i'll make the list of things needed to be done for all of you whom wish to follow the development of this mod can follow it a bit easier. I'll update it every time I finish something.

Progress List(red-haven't started, yellow-working on, green-finished)

• Item Database & Research
  • Item Integration(bound to expand)
  • New Skill(bound to expand)
  • Limb Removal & "Replacement"
  • Corpse Expansion(bound to expand)
  • ect..(will definitely expand as mod progresses  ^_^ )

Anyways everyone, thank you for reading and i'm sorry if for some reason I wasted your time. This shit took awhile to type so don't be mad, it annoyed me too. ;)

edit: Added the "list'

SOUNDS PRE interesting brah, looking forward to it!

Mod idea sounds cool. Just a note that you might want to wait just a little to see what RJ is currently cooking up in terms of botany.

From our last Mondoid:

[...]And the ball goes to RJ! He’s working on some new things to do with botany. We’ll release more details soon, but for now we’ll just say that it will have some big implications for those who like to rough it in the wilderness.[...]

That's probably a good idea!