Extended Building Options

SiderisAnon

Wonderful Mod, makes building my river fort sooo much better :)

Currently not able to place log wall corner post, even though i have all i would need in my inventory

Also would be great to have an option to build glass windows

Wonderful Mod, makes building my river fort sooo much better :)

Currently not able to place log wall corner post, even though i have all i would need in my inventory

Also would be great to have an option to build glass windows

Glad you're enjoying the mod.

I have not tested the mod yet under Build 32, so that may be what is causing your issue with the log wall corner posts. I tested it when I put it in, but haven't built one of those corners since.

Glass windows are a whole other beast. They are a completely separate object and it involves more interfacing with the Java portions of Project Zomboid. Unless something has changed in Build 32, I do not expect to add glass windows. I wanted them for my own building, but ultimately decided they were too much coding work to get implemented.

Heya! Would you mind me editing this mod to make a version compatible with Hydrocraft? As in, use Hydrocrafts bricks and clay, smelter, kiln, anvil mechanics etc, and release it as an optional addon?

I do not have a problem with this. As stated in the original post, "Credit where credit is due" is how this mod is published.

Current Status of Extended Building Options:

Build 32 of Project Zomboid released just recently.  I have not had a chance to even load that up yet.  I have not tested this mod against that version of the game.  I won't even hope that everything works properly because Murphy's Law says that is just not possible.

For right now, use the mod at your own risk.  Some things may not build properly.

I'm neck-deep in some client projects, so I don't know when I will get to start testing, or even playing for that matter.  I don't want to give an ETA and then not be able to hit it.

If anyone is using the mod with Build 32 and runs into any problems, please post them in the thread of send me a forum message as those issues are likely to give me a good place to start testing and debugging for the new build.

I dont even know if this is possible, but would you be able to make it so that the 44g drums that you can build can hold water, instead of being an item container? Basically so they act like a refillable bathtub/toilet/otherwatersources. Now that you have to boil water, it would be nice to be able to store if in a way that didn't involve me constantly picking up and dropping buckets.

This mod somehow removed campfire recipe from my game as for IWBMS build. Have you tried to use those builds for development, instead of using stable branch only?  Jw, no idea if there's a problem about it

Honestly, trying to keep a mod updated to the frequently changed IWBMS builds would be more work than I'm willing to put in.  I would have to spend time playing those builds to get a feel for them and for making sure the mod works; right now, I'm having trouble finding time to even get a chance to play the official Build 32 that just came out.

I dont even know if this is possible, but would you be able to make it so that the 44g drums that you can build can hold water, instead of being an item container? Basically so they act like a refillable bathtub/toilet/otherwatersources. Now that you have to boil water, it would be nice to be able to store if in a way that didn't involve me constantly picking up and dropping buckets.

It's an interesting idea.  I can't say if it would be workable because I haven't yet looked at the code changes under Build 32.  I had previously done some research toward making a well item one could build for a better water supply than rain barrels.  I may be able to adapt that.  I'll add the idea of a water storage tank type object to my notes, but absolutely no promises.

Just a heads up to possibly save you time, with the new decorating system coming up in B33, sinks are supposed to be able to work with rain barrels. It might save you some trouble if you aren't set on a manually filled source.

• 1 month later...

As this mod is called inspired by the building mod which is outdated, is the build your own well included or not? I know sooner or later hydrocraft will take care to let us build a well but in the meantime id like to have one right now and the outdated building mod have one which isnt work with the actual build i guess

As this mod is called inspired by the building mod which is outdated, is the build your own well included or not? I know sooner or later hydrocraft will take care to let us build a well but in the meantime id like to have one right now and the outdated building mod have one which isnt work with the actual build i guess

haha hydrocraft already has a build-able well, came in last update ;)

really`? with the auger or how? have the 3.4 but didnt see that yet, hydromancer should make a changelog on the first page

you need to use the already build mine hole and like 300 stone and some clay i believe, i havent build mine just yet, but you need the masonry book, and you can also make a watertower, and a watertower+ the wll+a windmill and pump water from the well, into the tower from infinite source of water! but it'll take quite awhile in game to accomplish, but oh so worth it when ya do :)

• 1 month later...

Awesome Mod.

Now only of there were working BBQs....

If anyone is interested, I modified this mod to work seamlessly with Hydrocraft HERE.

No duplicate items, all crafting uses HC Clay and Bricks instead, and I changed digging for clay to use a trowel (made more sense to me...).

Didn't extensively test it yet, so use at your own risk.

Since I modified the original and removed all new items, it probably won't work if you already started a game with this mod, but should work fine if you start a new game and load this version instead of the original.

All credit off course goes to SiderisAnon.

Call it a linguistic difficulty ^-^

Hum I think I'm dumb... I downloaded it and unziped it in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods aaaaaand it's not showing when I load the game.  Same with zipped version. :blush:

Uh oh, it seems like someone didn't read the manual agaaain! http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1395-how-to-install-uninstall-mods/

Uhm call it a linguistic error as I speak French. :oops: C:\Users\Utilisateur\Zomboid\mods  ... No results, there's something I must not understand.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods aaaaaand it's not showing when I load the game.  Same with zipped version. :blush:

Uh oh, it seems like someone didn't read the manual agaaain! http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1395-how-to-install-uninstall-mods/

Uhm call it a linguistic error as I speak French. :oops: C:\Users\Utilisateur\Zomboid\mods  ... No results, there's something I must not understand.

Did you unpack it? (take it out of the zip/rar)

Did you unpack it? (take it out of the zip/rar)

Uhm no I read it had to be zipped (unless I misunderstood )