Extended Building Options

SiderisAnon

Go a problem i cooked up 3 sheets of metal, but when i highlighted the 3 pans 2 roasting and 1 baking and the 3 sheets i made. And dragged to my inv they all disappeared, can't find on the ground or anything.

Dammit. I was all 'Ah ha! Thats the problem" - but after adding the JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions folder to both the folders I still have the same problem - anything crafted using the system disappears.

Again just to clarify, I:

Added JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions to Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid\mods

Added JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions to Users\*****\Zomboid\mod

Added "JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions" to Users\*****\Zomboid\Server\servertest.ini

Added "JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions" to both \mod\loaded.txt

JPM-ExtendedBuildingOptions is the only mod running

Sawing a branch into twigs causes the twig to be removed from my inventory, and get nothing in return.

The loaded text, the game does. You don't do that one.

And the mod needs to be folder form "mods/name of mod/then the files for the mod media etc". Not .zipped.

That is what I did. Also added the game name to the loaded.txt is the same as activating it in game.

Go a problem i cooked up 3 sheets of metal, but when i highlighted the 3 pans 2 roasting and 1 baking and the 3 sheets i made. And dragged to my inv they all disappeared, can't find on the ground or anything.

This is the problem that I have been describing.

Same thing happened when I cooked metal - it 'cooked' and separated into roasting pan and sheet metal, but when I removed them from the oven they vanished. Any ideas?

*sigh* no I haven't. Like I said, the mod runs, the elements are there, but anything that is created using it vanishes. Thats problem that I've been talking about. Even my first post said that I was able to get it 'work', work as in the menu options are there, the recipes can be used, but everything that is created isnt added to my inventory. I cook metal into sheets, they vanish. I cut branches into twigs, they vanish. Thats the problem

Any luck with issues some of us are having ?

I now seem to have the recipes working for crafting. I tried something somewhat random out of frustration and it worked for fixing the crafting recipes.  I need to do some more testing to make sure everything is working properly, though, including the baking of metal down.  I don't want to break something else. I'm also irked that I can't figure out what changed in the most recent PZ that would make it so what I did was the solution. 

Sorry this has taken so long. I have multiple projects coming due or wrapping up, including this past Thursday and this coming Monday. I know as a player it's always frustrating to be waiting for a mod to update. I feel bad about being the one on the other side of the frustration this time.

Any luck with issues some of us are having ?

I now seem to have the recipes working for crafting. I tried something somewhat random out of frustration and it worked for fixing the crafting recipes.  I need to do some more testing to make sure everything is working properly, though, including the baking of metal down.  I don't want to break something else. I'm also irked that I can't figure out what changed in the most recent PZ that would make it so what I did was the solution. 

Sorry this has taken so long. I have multiple projects coming due or wrapping up, including this past Thursday and this coming Monday. I know as a player it's always frustrating to be waiting for a mod to update. I feel bad about being the one on the other side of the frustration this time.

Np, i can still use the mod, just can't make sheets of metal. But can still find them. And thanks allot for the work you're doing.

Any word yet? Really need to craft some sheets of metal lol....I have my mod calling your module to use sheets of metal and such in recipes. So very high demand for metal at the moment rofl.

Take you time, Just kidding around.

Update: Extended Building Options v1.4
April 9, 2015: Extended Building Options mod version 1.4 for Project Zomboid version 31.10.

• Updated the mod to work with the underlying recipe code changes in Project Zomboid v31, which had caused some of this mod's recipes to not work properly.
  • Adjusted brick shaping and un-shaping so that crafting experience is not gained.
  • Adjusted putting pieces of metal into a pan and taking them out again so that crafting experience is not gained.
  • Adjusted sawing branches into twigs so that this generates the same experience as sawing logs for planks.

Sorry this update took so long.  There were some changes made to the code that handles recipes and crafting in Project Zomboid v31 that had a much greater effect than I had originally realized.  I ended up banging my head on a few things until I found the pattern that worked.  For those of you who mod, it boiled down to: 1) Having to move all the items and recipes for this mod into Base; and 2) Changing references like ReplaceOnCooked to include the module name, even for Base items which previously did not need a module reference.  I cannot tell you why this change needed to happen; I just know this is what ended up working.

With this version of Extended Building Options, I was able to bang out metal pieces and sheets of metal, bake pieces into a sheets of metal, open cans of food and turn those cans into metal bits, dig up clay, shape and bake bricks, saw some branches into twigs, and plant a little garden.  Fingers crossed, I believe everything is working properly now.

I do not have a server set up, so I have not tested this in multiplayer.  However, since the issues people were having in multiplayer were also being seen by me in single mode, I am hoping that everything will be working smoothly once you update your client and server with these changes.  Let me know if there are any issues there.

The listed experience removal on bricks and filling pans was done because I discovered you could make a brick, squish it back to clay, make a brick... repeat for infinite experience.  Since Indie Stone was kind enough to provide a way to control experience for the recipes you craft in your inventory, I thought I'd plug this exploit.  It's like they knew I was going to need it. :)

Update: Extended Building Options v1.4

April 9, 2015: Extended Building Options mod version 1.4 for Project Zomboid version 31.10.

• Updated the mod to work with the underlying recipe code changes in Project Zomboid v31, which had caused some of this mod's recipes to not work properly.
  • Adjusted brick shaping and un-shaping so that crafting experience is not gained.
  • Adjusted putting pieces of metal into a pan and taking them out again so that crafting experience is not gained.
  • Adjusted sawing branches into twigs so that this generates the same experience as sawing logs for planks.

Sorry this update took so long.  There were some changes made to the code that handles recipes and crafting in Project Zomboid v31 that had a much greater effect than I had originally realized.  I ended up banging my head on a few things until I found the pattern that worked.  For those of you who mod, it boiled down to: 1) Having to move all the items and recipes for this mod into Base; and 2) Changing references like ReplaceOnCooked to include the module name, even for Base items which previously did not need a module reference.  I cannot tell you why this change needed to happen; I just know this is what ended up working.

With this version of Extended Building Options, I was able to bang out metal pieces and sheets of metal, bake pieces into a sheets of metal, open cans of food and turn those cans into metal bits, dig up clay, shape and bake bricks, saw some branches into twigs, and plant a little garden.  Fingers crossed, I believe everything is working properly now.

I do not have a server set up, so I have not tested this in multiplayer.  However, since the issues people were having in multiplayer were also being seen by me in single mode, I am hoping that everything will be working smoothly once you update your client and server with these changes.  Let me know if there are any issues there.

The listed experience removal on bricks and filling pans was done because I discovered you could make a brick, squish it back to clay, make a brick... repeat for infinite experience.  Since Indie Stone was kind enough to provide a way to control experience for the recipes you craft in your inventory, I thought I'd plug this exploit.  It's like they knew I was going to need it. :)

YAY, Thanks so much !  :)  :)

• 4 weeks later...

Any word yet? Really need to craft some sheets of metal lol....I have my mod calling your module to use sheets of metal and such in recipes. So very high demand for metal at the moment rofl.

Take you time, Just kidding around.

Also, if you're still having trouble making sheets of metal I found I couldn't transfer them directly to my inventory without disappearing but if I transfer them to the floor first I can then pick them up without losing them (including the baking apparatus used)

Also, if you're still having trouble making sheets of metal I found I couldn't transfer them directly to my inventory without disappearing but if I transfer them to the floor first I can then pick them up without losing them (including the baking apparatus used)

I just fired up the game and tested with both a baking pan and a roasting pan twice. I had no trouble transferring the metal or the pans from the oven to my inventory.

Make sure you are using the most recent version of the mod, which is version 1.4.

If you are running other mods, it is possible they may be causing the issue.

I just fired up the game and tested with both a baking pan and a roasting pan twice. I had no trouble transferring the metal or the pans from the oven to my inventory.

Make sure you are using the most recent version of the mod, which is version 1.4.

If you are running other mods, it is possible they may be causing the issue.

Ah thank you, I bet the server I am on hasnt updated it yet.