Blender 3D Scripts

Jab

I apologize on behalf of Razer for their inability to make good headset microphones.  <_<

Hey man! Thanks for doing this tutorial! You're saying that everything has to be "combined". What do you mean by this? Does it has to be ONE mesh like this? 

7348bf1dfe62a2cd764a8f5f7088fc92.png

Or do you mean, I have to combine the faces, like this?

98b9d4c2a99bbb954fd127e45761abc0.png

I'm guessing the last one, but I just wanted to make sure :)

It really sucks working with decompiled code, trying to see what it is doing (Matrix manipulation in global space), and trying to work with Blender, with the bone system (Which has object and global space matrix) being the way it is. I'm almost at the point of straight-up asking for help on what I need to do (step-by-step) in order to position rotations properly. 

I really want to get animation importable and exportable. I feel that this feature is very important, and have spent countless hours picking at this problem, but it won't budge. 

Hello, i have a problem with importing the male.txt, im using blender 2.74 and inporting the models from PZ 31.6. When i import the male .txt some kind of problem appears (something like "unable to set posX, posY....") the armature loads but when i export the cloth that im editing and start the game it crash.  i got no problem with weapons models or the clothes itself its only the male.txt  :cry:

If anyone can help me it would be awsome  (fedora)  thanks!

Hello, i have a problem with importing the male.txt, im using blender 2.74 and inporting the models from PZ 31.6. When i import the male .txt some kind of problem appears (something like "unable to set posX, posY....") the armature loads but when i export the cloth that im editing and start the game it crash.  i got no problem with weapons models or the clothes itself its only the male.txt  :cry:

I wrote this using 2.73, so I'll have to update the scripts soon. 

I wrote this using 2.73, so I'll have to update the scripts soon. 

Thanks for the answer i will download the 2.73 this afternoon  :geek:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man, how's it going? Making any progress, or taking a break from it? :) Haven't heard from you in a while

It's been a busy month or so, and with PZ changing things like animations and possibly formats, Im not sure if it is worth pushing beyond what this script can already do. (Hint: I need to know what PZ is planning to do time-wise before i continue on the animation portion.). 

I'm not sure if its a game-end issue, or a bug in the script, or if I'm just bad at modeling, but models appear to be flipped along the X-axis, left is right and so on. For example, when importing a model, weights on the right side of the body will appear to be on the left side, yet be correctly animated according to the correct right side in-game. Any input on this?

I'm not sure if its a game-end issue, or a bug in the script, or if I'm just bad at modeling, but models appear to be flipped along the X-axis, left is right and so on. For example, when importing a model, weights on the right side of the body will appear to be on the left side, yet be correctly animated according to the correct right side in-game. Any input on this?

sounds weird, but I did notice it. The format itself is weird as heck. 

About the format for the game changing or not, I still am in the dark as to whether or not major changes are coming. If that changes, I want to be able to get that format working with Blender as soon as I get either the format, or a model for it. 

Hi Jab, it's still up in the air for us too but we've not started any file format changes as of yet. At present its using the existing system, but separating the geometry from the anim data in the files into model + animation .txt files (one anim per file). There are so many things on our plate that its not known when we'd make any file format changes, so your tools are of huge potential to modders and ourselves.

Hi Jab, it's still up in the air for us too but we've not started any file format changes as of yet. At present its using the existing system, but separating the geometry from the anim data in the files into model + animation .txt files (one anim per file). There are so many things on our plate that its not known when we'd make any file format changes, so your tools are of huge potential to modders and ourselves.

Thanks for letting me know that further work on interpreting this format isn't a possible waste. 

The main hurdle that's stalled the completion of this script is simply the animation interpretation. It's most-likely a compound problem between what I know Blender is trying to do with the data I feed it, and what I know or don't know about the data I am feeding.

The best course of action for me to completely render the animations properly is to write a animation player for this format in Java. This will allow me to see what is going on with the format myself, and to give some clarity to the animation before I try to implement the animations in Blender again.

The amount of hours I've put into these 2 scripts to get this working right is just too much for me to abandon. 

Also, seeing that this tool may be helpful to your team is another good reason to finish it. Maybe completing the script might open the door for a better model format to be produced so that both modder and artist can work with less complication, as it is currently. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am finally working on this again.

Right now I am looking at making a model viewer in Java based off of an example OpenGL program I found to save some time, and focus on importing the model in Java first, before I attack the Blender scripts again.

If you can figure out how to add in an optional dither/pixelate effect in the model viewer, it will become incredibly useful. Trying to gauge what details will be lost in-game is difficult at best.