Blender 3D Scripts

Jab

I shall break the chain of Developer posts to stay true to my member title!

Also, great work man I bet many modders will appreciate this. Personally, I was unable to load anything as it all just kept being a cube but then again, I'm a noob in blender and don't know anything about it lol.

Delete the cube. Most of the imported stuff is so small that they appear inside the cube.

-snip-

Thanks a bunch, that helped a LOT. :D

Ok, so AFTER testing the darn weight additive in the game, (and several game crashes later), I found out the game always expects every weighted vertex to have 4 weight influence bones (doesn't matter if duplication, and the value for non-influence to fill the empty slots is -1.0). I see this as a problem, although yeah you can get away with doing it just like this. It just seems.. unnecessary. 

I'd use a java interpreter as such:

String line = br.readLine();if(line.isEmpty() || line.startsWith("#")) {    continue;} else {... // Read weightsString split = line.split(",")if(split.length > 0) {    // Read weights as arrays...} else {    // Read weight. (one)}

Anyways, Picture time!

ibaywcaO87afW7.png

Well for some reason I can't export beards and clothes, its file size just shrinks and the game crashes. Basically ive untucked the shirt and blouse and made it a little longer / bigger but it doesnt seem to work. Do I need to export it skinned or with an uv map or should i not use vertex editing or..?

Well for some reason I can't export beards and clothes, its file size just shrinks and the game crashes. Basically ive untucked the shirt and blouse and made it a little longer / bigger but it doesnt seem to work. Do I need to export it skinned or with an uv map or should i not use vertex editing or..?

I was going to mention how to do this later because I figured in the beginning no one would really use or catch onto this script. When you mod clothes, you must first import the male or female model. (this loads the rig, and has to be there when exporting). Sorry.

So:

1) import male.txt

2) import shirt.txt

3) mod the shirt

4) export the shirt

(This is because the model doesn't contain the bone data required, but still exports the weights of the bones. This is weird, but this is how it is currently for the game.)

I was going to mention how to do this later because I figured in the beginning no one would really use or catch onto this script. When you mod clothes, you must first import the male or female model. (this loads the rig, and has to be there when exporting). Sorry.

So:

1) import male.txt

2) import shirt.txt

3) mod the shirt

4) export the shirt

(This is because the model doesn't contain the bone data required, but still exports the weights of the bones. This is weird, but this is how it is currently for the game.)

Thanks for the help! I'll try that now. Is it like that for every such object, like beards and hair too?

Edit: After some minor headaches, heres the exact steps that worked for me:

0) Make a backup of whatever you wanna mod

1) Import male.txt

2) Import shirt.txt

2.5) Make sure you do it in exactly THAT order

3) Mod the shirt

4) Deselect everything

5) Select only the shirt in Object Mode

6) Export

I am having heaps of fun with your tools, modding the game so much right now lol.

I wanted to do something similar. Great job though :D!

But.. i'm so damn bad at it..

I got freaking weird ass triangles on it..

For your first blender model / edit after a long time, this isnt bad at all. The triangles are 90% likely unnoticable in game, the shotgun has some weird triangles too but no one notices em :).

Hmm.. For some reason, when I try and import the male.txt, it doesn't really show anything, other than bob_armature object out in the Outliner

Oh I got it now.

Even though my game crashes with the edited models.. Hmm :/

I mean, whenever I try to load a save (Or create a new one) it just stalls and a black screen appears.

So it doesn't really crash. Anyone got an idea how to fix this?... :/

How do you guys do this?! :P