[MRE] Meals Ready To Eat

doomblood66

I've got an idea for a MRE bag, it would be non-perishable, deduct -30 hunger and -30 thirst and it would restore 10 happiness and deduct 10 boredom. The sprite/image for the MRE would be similar to the one in Infestation: Survivor Stories, you would also have an option to self-heat it, by self-heating it, it would deduct an extra 20 hunger & thirst and it would restore 20 happiness, but the MRE would spoil after 2 days after being self-heated. I think this will better the games fun level, as it now would add a valuable "emergency" asset! If you could make this mod I would greatly appreciate it, if no one can/wants to please link me to a tutorial so I can make it myself!! Thanks all, Alex

MRE's aren't rare but they aren't common (maybe same rarity as whiskey)

Merged. Please don't double post or bump your own thread. Use the edit button. - EG

EDIT: I was wrong here. What I'm remembering is that MRE's are supposed to be restricted for military use only, and the DoD got in a hissey about distributing them to civilians and/or selling them. They are indeed still in active use.

Off-topic: I have many fond memories of eating MREs on camping and hunting trips. My favorite is the spaghetti. Anyone else ever actually had one?

EDIT: I was wrong here. What I'm remembering is that MRE's are supposed to be restricted for military use only, and the DoD got in a hissey about distributing them to civilians and/or selling them. They are indeed still in active use.

Off-topic: I have many fond memories of eating MREs on camping and hunting trips. My favorite is the spaghetti. Anyone else ever actually had one?

Thankyou for the response,

Unfortunately i was using my phone and the mobile verison didnt allow me to edit my original post, although as you said MRE's are hard to get a hold off (Ebay) i would love to see them in-game, so if you could or if others could, please create this!! Otherwise link me to something so that i can do myself, if you can do it please follow the details as close as possible!!

They probably would be found in decent quantities at Fort Knox (even though it's a field ration) so I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to have some in the surrounding area.

You can check out: http://pz-mods.net/guide/robomats-mod-tutorials/ for some modding basics, but you'll need to pick up a bit of LUA (or at least basic understanding of coding languages). On the other hand, someone here may well be willing to do it for ya.

Are you sure this fondness stems from the spaghetti? I remember long nights at the bonfire and guitars taking a huge cut of the fame.

I also remember lukewarm pea soup. Well ... not half bad when i think about it.

Before i forget. Request is answered:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1328-meal-ready-to-eat/

I basically did this to grasp the implementation of custom icons. So do continue it if you like.

Thanks bud. They were all pretty disgusting, but you're right- the good time was from the company and the setting. I had fun with them, though, and if you put the entire little bottle of Tabasco on whatever you had it was usually pretty edible. Royal fuckton of calories in them, too.

Are you sure this fondness stems from the spaghetti? I remember long nights at the bonfire and guitars taking a huge cut of the fame.

I also remember lukewarm pea soup. Well ... not half bad when i think about it.

Before i forget. Request is answered:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/1328-meal-ready-to-eat/

I basically did this to grasp the implementation of custom icons. So do continue it if you like.

. Thank you so much!! I've never seen a community like this!! I'm proud to be a part of it :D

Thanks bud. They were all pretty disgusting, but you're right- the good time was from the company and the setting. I had fun with them, though, and if you put the entire little bottle of Tabasco on whatever you had it was usually pretty edible. Royal fuckton of calories in them, too.

Idk I feel like I'm the only person that actually liked eating MRE's.  Hell, I'd even ask my dad to take a couple of boxes whenever he went on deployment just so I can have some MREs