Watermelon Seeds - Implemented but appear as Cabbage?

Panda

Hi,

it's basically what the title says. I implemented Watermelon seeds but when I want to plant them they appear as Cabbage seeds...

I added the following files:

basicFarming.lua

elseif(planting.typeOfSeed == farmingText.watermelons) thenplanting = farming_vegetableconf.growWatermelon(planting, nextGrowing, updateNbOfGrow); 

farming_vegetableconf.lua

farming_vegetableconf.growWatermelon = function(planting, nextGrowing, updateNbOfGrow) . . . planting.waterNeeded = 90;

basically just changed that value and used default potato code for lines like this:

planting = growNext(planting, "tileThuztorFarming1_potato" .. nbOfGrow, "Young " .. planting.typeOfSeed, nextGrowing, farming_vegetableconf.props[planting.typeOfSeed].timeToGrow + water + diseaseLvl);

because I could not figure out what exactly "tileThuztorFarming1_potato" is...

Then I created this aswell:

-- Watermelons (take even longer than strawberry)farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons] = {};farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].seedsRequired = 20;farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].texture = "TileThuztorCabbageLettuce7Phase_0";farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].waterLvl = 90;farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].timeToGrow = ZombRand(72, 100);--~ farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].timeToGrow = ZombRand(10,11);farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].minVeg = 2;farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].maxVeg = 4;farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].minVegAutorized = 5;farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].maxVegAutorized = 6;farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].vegetableName = "Base.Watermelon";farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].seedName = "farming.WatermelonSeed";farming_vegetableconf.props[farmingText.watermelons].seedPerVeg = 3;

I used the Cabbage textures here... But for testing I replaced them with carrot textures to see if this may cause the bug. That changed nothing, Watermelon Seeds are still recognized as Cabbage seeds when trying to plant them.

farming_text.lua

farmingText.watermelons = "Watermelons";

ISFarmingMenu.lua

ISFarmingMenu.watermelonSeed = {};

local watermelonOption = subMenu:addOption(farmingText.watermelons, worldobjects, ISFarmingMenu.onSeed, ISFarmingMenu.watermelonSeed, 20, farmingText.watermelons);ISFarmingMenu.canPlow(#ISFarmingMenu.watermelonSeed, farmingText.watermelons, watermelonOption);

Recipe in farming.txt looks like this:

recipe Open Watermelon Seed Packet	{  	WatermelonBagSeed,  	  	Result:WatermelonSeed=50,  	Time:20.0,	}

Everything looks fine in game, the Watermelon Seeds spawn and can be opened (I of course modified SuburbsDistributions.lua and farming.txt / item.txt aswell) but like I said: When I want to place some seeds with only the watermelon seeds in my inventory I can just place cabbage seeds. The menu is fine, too. It shows the watermelon and the requirements and so on...

Please tell me what I did wrong / forgot :D!

Thanks!

Oh god, it was so obvious...

I had this line in the FarmingMenu

table.insert(ISFarmingMenu.cabbageSeed, item);

I don't know why, probably because I copied the line before and then forgot to change it  :cry: .

Well, now everything looks fine, I just have to figure out now how I import the new code into the game without having to edit the actual official game files...

Oh, and I would probably need someone that could test the process of growing because I won't be able to wait ~200 days to see the plant fully grown...

Yeah, thanks, luckily I figured that out myself shortly after I posted this :D. Everything works well so far. I am not really sure though if the "growth time" shown in game is really accurate... I reduced the value and the menu said "Time until next phase: 17 days". I waited for about 3 days and maybe on the fifth day my plant was fully grown and I could harvest my first melons...

200 days at first seemed a lot for me aswell but I orientated those values on the times of farming plants already in game and if strawberries take about 150 days to grow I think it is just fair that melons take a little longer. They are quite precious and it would become too easy if you could harvest them too fast.