Mac OS server through Steam

RussDragon

Hello, I'm trying to understand how to host PZ server with steam version of the game. If I change .plist and start game, I won't be able to start the second instance. 

So, can anyone help?

I'm confused are you trying to run a server?

Just type 10.0.0.1 in the browser and type admin for username and password for password.

Then go to advanced, port forwarding and then put in the PZ Port and your all done after that just run the .bat in the folder.

That's what I normally do, if you need help add me on steam and use team viewer I could walk you step by step on how to make a server within 5 minutes.

First sticky at the top of the multiplayer help section (this subforum) has an easier way to do it for OS X: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/9168-super-easy-os-x-server-hosting/

Hello, I'm trying to understand how to host PZ server with steam version of the game. If I change .plist and start game, I won't be able to start the second instance. 

So, can anyone help?

I'm confused are you trying to run a server?

Just type 10.0.0.1 in the browser and type admin for username and password for password.

Then go to advanced, port forwarding and then put in the PZ Port and your all done after that just run the .bat in the folder.

That's what I normally do, if you need help add me on steam and use team viewer I could walk you step by step on how to make a server within 5 minutes.

He's asking for OS X, not Windows, the steps are different and he was trying to do it a much harder way.

It's not really a non-official server. I Wrote it and I'm part of the PZ team (albeit not normally a coder). It still uses the normal server, it's just a script to make it easier. Only reason it's not shipped with the game was that I had to make sure it worked (it does).

It'll be in the game files next update :D

It's not really a non-official server. I Wrote it and I'm part of the PZ team (albeit not normally a coder). It still uses the normal server, it's just a script to make it easier. Only reason it's not shipped with the game was that I had to make sure it worked (it does).

It'll be in the game files next update :D

Oh, cool. Hope it will work :D 

Thank for your work dude.