Encouraging teamwork.

Sanctus

One of the main problems with multiplayer in any survival game is encouraging teamwork.  A feature that would add to the need for teamwork, while also increasing realism (imho) would be max skills.  A person who starts off as a doctor would be much better suited for healing than someone who just started.  So people who do not take doctor would have maybe a max first aid skill of 2-3, since they have not had the proper training.  Whereas the doctor could get all the way up to 5.

Same example with farming.  Someone with the farmer profession would be able to have 5 farming skill, but without books any other person might have to settle for less knowledge, maybe a max of 3.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the main problems with multiplayer in any survival game is encouraging teamwork. A feature that would add to the need for teamwork, while also increasing realism (imho) would be max skills. A person who starts off as a doctor would be much better suited for healing than someone who just started. So people who do not take doctor would have maybe a max first aid skill of 2-3, since they have not had the proper training. Whereas the doctor could get all the way up to 5.

Same example with farming. Someone with the farmer profession would be able to have 5 farming skill, but without books any other person might have to settle for less knowledge, maybe a max of 3.

I don't actually see how the implementation of doctor would encourage teamwork. Sure, first aid and all, but you can always create a new character in MP, stashing all the loot beforehand, if your character gets an unpleasant 'splinter' debuff. Right now, this looks to me as another roleplay option, nothing more. Most people prefer a munchkin's way of shooting others and taking their stuff. Maybe I just had bad experience or something... Also, I don't see how while having options like forage, dig worms with trovel or server loot respawn, you actually NEED FARMING AT ALL. Such cheap sources of food outmatch the farming by far. So much else needs to be done...

I stand corrected. Now that I learned that worms make you sick and remembered that berries are quite rare to find, it seems that farming is one of a few effective options for survival left, ohers being trapping and fishing, just as it should be. As for the new trait system, simply gorgeous. Maybe it'll be a different thing from now on, hopefully...

I stand corrected. Now that I learned that worms make you sick and remembered that berries are quite rare to find, it seems that farming is one of a few effective options for survival left, ohers being trapping and fishing, just as it should be. As for the new trait system, simply gorgeous. Maybe it'll be a different thing from now on, hopefully...

You forgot hunting wich is going to be added ( Deers and such..)