Kerbal Madness

EnigmaGrey

O well, guess its steam offline then when I play KSP :P... Going to wait for the next big update since I've only just started, and not in the mood to start over again and have all my mods broken.

You can just select the beta version "previous", that way you'll stay on 0.25.

*.* This may not be the place for this, but I want this. I want this so hard. It needs to go on sale so that I can have this! XD

Try out some of the cdkey sites, such as G2A or Kinguin. I rarely if ever buy my games direct from Steam now, as their EU conversion rate does be a rip-off and hardly ever consistent.

So far I had 2 sleepless nights filled with thoughtful contract planning, explosions, dramatic take-offs from the level 1 runway, and one even more dramatic landing ;o

I've been able to upgrade the launchpad, the mission control, the tracking station, the VAB and the Admistration building to level 2 !
I have two level 1 pilots (including the infamous Jeb), and a level 1 scientist.

The first part of the career mod in which you can't plan flights (set target, make manoeuvre nods etc...), is pretty fucking brilliant and hard.

I'm loving it !! Thank gawd I'm unemployed and can get some sleep during the day ;o

Tho, I can't refrain myself from using the quicksave & revert flight options. All the money I would have lost on stupid mistakes without "revert flight", my KSP bank account would just be a deep hole in the ground. I'll try to enforce personnal rules from now on, like 3 "simulation flights" during which I'll allow myself to revert and do not count as the mission, and on the 4th one no more reverting and loading back ; success or failure.

Thought I'd share it here:

This is how I land my aircraft which I use for Kerbin survey contracts:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/blind-coder/screenshot/29602870055218426

And this is how I move to the survey point after I overshot by a few km again:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357855647

You can easily build this plane yourself and lift off even from the starting SPH and runway.

Thought I'd share it here:

This is how I land my aircraft which I use for Kerbin survey contracts:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/blind-coder/screenshot/29602870055218426

And this is how I move to the survey point after I overshot by a few km again:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=357855647

You can easily build this plane yourself and lift off even from the starting SPH and runway.

Ha ! I'm doing exactly the same right now, many areas to survey have "sloping floor" or are in rocky mountains. It's pretty much impossible to land in those. And it's not very convenient to use your plane as a car inbetween EVA points.

That's the plane I made for those missions, it's pretty light and easily manoeuvrable !

oqmzRDZ.png

BUT, I'm working on a prototype so I don't even have to land the plane anymore !

hSq1T2r.png

Basically I'll just para-drop a scientist on the zone I need to EVA so the pilot can focus on the part of the mission requiring you to be below or above x,xxxx meters while flying above X area.

I'm facing 2 problems tho, I can't jettison the pods as I don't have the parts unlocked yet, so I gotta drop them both at the same time to "counter balance" the ejection force. The second problem is, the center of mass goes slightly forward once the pods are dropped, so I put rails (from the KAS mod) to bring the wings a bit forward as well in order to align the center of lift on the center of mass, but custom action groups ain't unlock in my career yet D:  I can't move those rails.

Lifts off. Attempts to circle, practing landing. Turns too fast, stalls, flips over and over. Releases parachutes in an attempt to save Jeb. Wings separate, along with the parachutes.

Ho boy ! Is he dead, like forever ? D:

Didn't you try the last second EVA jump ? It saved Bill from a certain death once !

Also, the new editor gizmos are awesome, the offset allows you to clip parts or make them "float" off your ship, which is pretty convenient for plane wheels, you offset it away from the part and strut it !

I'm afraid Jeb is dead.

I confess, I've never learned how to use their EVA jets correctly. :(

Also, the new editor gizmos are awesome, the offset allows you to clip parts or make them "float" off your ship, which is pretty convenient for plane wheels, you offset it away from the part and strut it !

Wait, that's what it does?

Oh, this changes everything. 8-)

I'm afraid Jeb is dead.

I confess, I've never learned how to use their EVA jets correctly. :(

Wait, that's what it does?

Oh, this changes everything. 8-)

May Jeb rest in peace, and may his damn plane rest in pieces ;o

You don't need to know how to use the EVA jetpack for the last second jump ; You don't have to use them anyway ! You just go EVA and "Let go" a bit before the crash, you can spam space in case he sets a foot somewhere you might jump and raise your chances to survive ^^

The chances to survive are slim, but still better than 100% death.

And yes the offset changes EVERYTHING !