Kerbal Madness

EnigmaGrey

Does anyone use Ferram aerodynamics pack? All my aircrafts wobble and pitch up and down in a high frequence when I use SAS. I searched the web but have not found any solution yet :(

What altitude and what speed? Even the stock parts have some nasty wobble/pitch problems around 400 m/s below ~5000m. That damn drag. :( The only solutions I've found are struts, simplistic designs, and manual piloting.

WopweDv.jpg

(Shhh, ignore the cheats.)

Will give the mod-pack a shot, though. I've spent too long ignoring them. :o

It happens to all the planes, stock or selfmade. I tested it with vanilla KSP and didn't have this issue with SAS. Then I installed only Ferram and the pitching wobble began again and SAS couldn't even manage to hold altitude.

But hey, I think I found a solution! You can tweak the control surfaces and canards in the hangar! I didn't know that. So basically I nerfed all the pitching controls. I decreased the travel of those control surfaces so to say and the wobble and high frequent up and down pitching disappeared and the plane can even hold its altidude now. Unfortunately, the bad side of this is that the aircraft is less maneuverable.

Edit: But dude, this is so awesome! Yeah, it may be less manueverable but on the other hand it's more controlable at the same time. It's so much better to fly now and it also looks nicer! OMG, I'm so happy...

Edit2: Try it yourself: Take the "FAR Kaiju" stock plane and adjust the standard canards' maximum control to 7.5 and the max control of the standard control surfaces of the main wings to 5. It flies so sweet! Oh, and also try to fly without torque provided by the cockpit and that inline stabilizer.

Awww, c'mon, it sure did! :) It was able to perform a 120km circular orbit but had too less fuel to rendevouz with the station ^^ But I solved that problem by adding MOOAARR BOOOSTERRRS!!

And apart from that, it was 100% stable during ascent. Even under Ferram :)

Awww, c'mon, it sure did! :) It was able to perform a 120km circular orbit but had too less fuel to rendevouz with the station ^^ But I solved that problem by adding MOOAARR BOOOSTERRRS!!

And apart from that, it was 100% stable during ascent. Even under Ferram :)

Damnit. It appears my saboteurs are not doing their job. 

I once had a rocket that was a 300 - 400 tonne lifter to anywhere in KSP solar system. It had a 3 kerbal lander, 2 medium sized RC or manned 15 tonne rovers and 2 small sized (5 tonne) externally mounted RC or manned Satellites for science instruments and the ISA Map Sat mod. No matter how hard I try I simply cannot build this 28 stage rocket again...

I once had a rocket that was a 300 - 400 tonne lifter to anywhere in KSP solar system. It had a 3 kerbal lander, 2 medium sized RC or manned 15 tonne rovers and 2 small sized (5 tonne) externally mounted RC or manned Satellites for science instruments and the ISA Map Sat mod. No matter how hard I try I simply cannot build this 28 stage rocket again...

Merciful Kerbal God... Did you not save it? Such a work of art should have been preserved!

It was truly amazing... my hdd fried and I justbdecided it was time to rebuild my comp. ANYWHERE IN THE KSP SYSTEM!! I'm trying to rebuild it at the moment but i'm thinking it was just a fluke. .. fully loades it carried 7 kerbals! Had every planet and moon in the solar system mapped at 200,000 kilimeters too! :( about 2 and a half months of work completely lost. Gave every moon and planet a 8 hour 10x speed mapping when I went to bed lol

Im currently journaling my advancement through my 0.23 career using anotated screenshots on my steam account, mainly because i like to take screenshots to use as desktop backgrounds :-D anyway, if any of you are interested to see what ive done so far then heres the link, its sorted so it shows the oldest first, meaning you can follow it like a book, just click on each picture for the anotations: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030570438/screenshots/?appid=0&sort=oldestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall&privacy=8

heres the list of mods i use:

B9 Aerospace

Chatterer

Deadly Re-entry

Docking Port Alignment

Ferram Aerospace Research

Kerbal Attatchment System

Kerbal Joint Re-inforcement

Kethane

KSP Interstellar

KW Rocketry

Remote Tech 2

SCANsat

TAC Life Support

Mod Toolbar

Universe Replacer

Visual Enhancements (city lights and clouds)

So many mods but no Kerbal Alarm Clock and Kerbal engineering redux? They're basic, helpful mods everybody should have in my opinion.

You should also try this mod which I found recently: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/57603-0-23-RasterPropMonitor-make-your-IVA-a-glass-cockpit-%28v0-14%29-24-Jan // (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2t0Tap4kVE) It's pretty nice, enables IVA-only missions and adds a lot to game atmosphere. It's also linked to ScanSat.

Here's my current list:

- toolbar

- boulderCo Texture compression aggressive (saves me 600mb RAM)

- Deadly Reentry continued

- Kerbal engineer Redux

- Ferram aerospace

- KAS

- RasterPropMonitor

- Kethane

- KW rocketry

- Dockingport alignment

- Remotetech 2

- ScanSat

- Kerbal Alarm Clock

- 6s Service Compartment Tubes

oh wow, those cockpits look awesome, ill definately be installing that, and kerbal alarm clock, i know about it and will inevitably end up using it, its just im still early on really and im only doing 1 mission at a time so havnt got round to "needing" it yet if you know what i mean :-D

Similar thing with kerbal engineer, i know it would help me get to learn the exacts of delta-v, burn times etc but im not quite there yet in terms of being able to make much use of all that extra information, but once im further down the line im sure ill eventually see it as a necessity.