Kerbal Madness

EnigmaGrey

Love this game. Only problem i have with it is that after awhile you gotta toss on a zillion things to do your journey and then my fps goes down to to nothing.  I think one time i had a 20 minute launch into space just because my fps was so low, LOL.

I feel ya, sometimes my fps drops to a point that its more slide show than video game! :P

Love this game. Only problem i have with it is that after awhile you gotta toss on a zillion things to do your journey and then my fps goes down to to nothing.  I think one time i had a 20 minute launch into space just because my fps was so low, LOL.

I feel ya, sometimes my fps drops to a point that its more slide show than video game! :P

Game runs like poop even on my decent gaming rig. Primary reason I haven't been playing it (Besides my general lack of time).

Finally got the picture thing to work Sorry mods and thanks for helping.... Anyway I tried to make a ship in career mod to make it to the outer atmosphere. I reached 1000m until I realized I screwed up my thrusters so I had to parachute down. I tried to get Jeb out for an EVA to get some science points but he fell 1000m and somehow survived the fall.   

2Us1w21.jpg

This was his face when he survived.    

HEx6rUx.jpg

My first space station ! (only 5 modules so far) :D

24n4h9y.jpg

1z1aijr.jpg

The first disco space station ! And yes, it's a grapling hook that is entierly controlable by the servo monitor, really usefull to grab things in space or move things (less painfull than a docking).

I also plan to add a rover that could detach and do some planetary exploration (I plan to put this space station in orbit on Mun and do some Kethane Mining/Ore Mining/Extraplannetary Launchpad stuff)

As someone who has tried (and utterly utterly failed) at docking, that's awesome. I've managed to dock stuff a total of twice, once of which was brute force and turning my main engines on when I was as close as I could get to force it. Don't do that. You'll at best screw with your orbit, and at worse destroy your station ;)

I love Kerbal Space.  So many play sessions have ended with a "oh....that's the time!?"

The fledgling career mode is AWESOME.  I still have yet to make it beyond Kerbin's moons, even in Sandbox.  And achieve significant docking.  I spent a while building a refueling station which then needed refueling....I struggled.  Never really finished.  Seems kind of necessary to get to the further places.  Either that or massive constructions which I can not fly and run out of fuel anyway.

This game.  Frustrating at times, but bloody fun.  It does actually give a feeling of exploration.

Well 64 bit should shake things up. Linux and I think Mac? Already enjoy 64 bit KSP. It's one of those games in which it's really needed because performance takes a hit on win7 (at least for me) so KSP is going to be far more enjoyable now...

Yeah I'm kinda waiting for 64 bits support to go further in my career mod as well !

I'd like to start building big structures and "autonomous" parties to avoid going back and forth when I want to explore different biomes on one planet/moon. So far I've only sent Mun missions, landing on one biome, harvesting science, going back to kerbin. When I try to send larger rockets/ships with more science stuff I start experiencing serious lags.

Also, question about docking (I havent had the opportunity to try it yet), how do you "align" the orbits of 2 different parts/ships to get them at the same speed & place at a given moment ? does it have to be timed perfectly from the launch pad ?

Nah, you have to lower or make a greater orbit than your space station, so you end to catch it, then you just lower your velocity at the closest approach to have the same orbit, and then you finish with RCS, it took me like 8h to make my firt docking tho (6 tries iirc.. :D)

Nah, you have to lower or make a greater orbit than your space station, so you end to catch it, then you just lower your velocity at the closest approach to have the same orbit, and then you finish with RCS, it took me like 8h to make my firt docking tho (6 tries iirc.. :D)

Yeah, I know how you're *supposed* to do it. I just always end up with the damn port 40 meters away, and at the wrong alignment, and my using RCS to fix alignment just makes things worse. I head towards the stupid station core, and as soon as I get close my alignment goes to pot.

I'm *dreading* docking contracts in campaign mode ;)

It sounds a bit like a  "pif'o'mètre" docking style, but that should suit my approximative landing skills :D I guess I'll have to go the same half dozen of tries before docking something properly !

Well, even with 64 Bit binaries on Linux it seems that KSP is only addressing 32 bits of memory. At least on my 16 GB of RAM gaming rig it always felt like it broke down at 4 GB of RAM usage (ie: mod loading).

Anyway, docking:

It's absolutely VITAL to put your camera into CHASE mode, otherwise your targeting is impossible.

Make sure to point _parallel_ to your target docking port, not _toward_ it.

Last: take your time. A target speed of 1m/s is totally fine for approaching, and DO brake to about 0.2 m/s for actual docking. I've knocked many a space station around by not braking first.

I sir, am an addict.... :D

The First Contract update has been sent LIVE :D

*Screams like a girl*

I have played for several months now. And have only crashed into Mun, but one day, all those dead kerbals that once THOUGHT about the Mun, will not be forgotten when I finally get to that damn rock. One day...

*Breaks into tears* Why?! WHY?! I only want to get to that damn rock! BUT WHY CAN'T IIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

Anyone who has killed 125 hours worth of Kerbals, like this reply...

I keep using rockets which although fun means I have severely neglected re-usable shuttles. Has anyone got any tips on how to use them?

Lots of parachutes is key.

unfortunately, that's only half the truth.

I had a very simple setup, one RT10 with three radial parachutes, one decoupler and one cockpit with another parachute. Setup the thing to decouple the RT10 together with opening the radial parachutes.

Everything deployed fine, but after reclaiming the cockpit, the RT10 was gone, too. Probably been deleted from the game as being "debris" below a certain altitude threshold.

This might have been fine without paying money for it, but it sucks <insert random animal> balls in career mode now :-(