RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

EasyPickins, on 16 Feb 2015 - 12:05 AM, said:

So the problem with the zones not being recognized is that the game's zones override any that your mod is adding.

I've changed things now, so that when adding a zone, any existing zone is cut into pieces to make room for the zone being added.

I'm not sure why zombies aren't spawning yet.  It should be working as long as the modified spawn map is actually being used (in the Generate Lots dialog), and you created a new game after changing the spawn map.

If your change was rolled out in the public build (I'm using a public 30.16 version to test my prison on vanilla map), I'll give it a try this evening and tell if any of the zombies spawn where I made them.

The change isn't in the public build, it'll be in build 31.

Did I miss it in the OP's change log, or did this not get implemented yet.

Really need these zone tools for creating small little loot areas in the back of building where players wont roam, thus allowing loot to spawn there at most times on a MP server. (I am assuming that these zones are also the same zones that 'loot distribution' chances use when it checks for players, or carpentry items before filling a container in the zone)

Also please show me where the "Zone definition" LUA is. I have seen the SuburbsDistribution.Lua and could determine what internal names I should be using. But no indication of what zone's names are or what they mean.

One's I see in the objects.lua are TownZone, DeepForest, Forest, Nev, etc. There has gotta be a file somewhere for these definitions.

Thanks for build 31, excited to test it out when my server's owner gets home and updates the server  (clyde)

We tried to join multiplayer. We killed our old characters to create a new ones and we all have the same problem.

here is the console log:

MAX #ZONES is 8

java.lang.RuntimeException: can't create player at x,y,z=0,0,0 because the square is null

at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1395)

at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.runInner(GameLoadingState.java:257)

at zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState$1.run(GameLoadingState.java:195)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

How can we fix that ?

Its public Evil Dead Server.

Sounds like your server.ini is force spawning the one coordinate it shouldn't (0,0,0)

I wonder if the server.ini isn't pulling the spawn points from the *new* profession system.... (I have yet to update, but sounds feasible)

5 mins in to the game I found a bug YAY XD

You cant drop zombies.... i tried clearing out a house but when i pick up the dang death thing and dragged it out side i found that i cant drop it i even tried to throw it into a trash can it just sat there in my main inventory laughing at me.... 

Oh well Watch out for this land mine everybody (clyde)

Just a few Problems i have with the balance of the new Profession and traits system.

If i want to take say a park ranger i have to take 2 low impact bad traits or one huge bad trait for a +100% to 2 nearly worthless skills(foraging, Trapping) and a 75% bonus to carpentry. But if i take Carpenter i get a 125% bonus to Carpentry and have 2 points to spend on a positive trait. So a carpenter can take the xp to carpentry and the Outdoors man trait While a Park ranger would have to take 6 points of bad skills to get the same trait.

One way to balance the classes would be lower the xp bonus not making people buy bad traits(or get rewarded for taking a class other then unemployed).

Other then the balance between Professions(or skills if you look at it that way) Im loving the new system.

• [MP]Added a NoFireSpread server option, if true, fire won't spread (but still trigger)
  • [MP]Added a AnnounceDeath server option, if true it'll show a message of who killed who, or who's dead (like [PVP] RJ killed Lemmy. or [PVP] Meabe is dead.)

Where? Pz Settings app still has the date 12/31 and server.ini doesn't include these options.... (Found in the .ini - forgot to IWBUMS after reinstalling)

Loving this build, the new traits and professions have made for interesting conversations! Will dig in properly tomorrow. Quick question, has the drop rate for jars and lids increased? Seems to be hard to find them, but not impossible, which is good.

4 jars and 2 lids in grocery store (next to police station in muld). U mad 8-) ?

5 mins in to the game I found a bug YAY XD

You cant drop zombies.... i tried clearing out a house but when i pick up the dang death thing and dragged it out side i found that i cant drop it i even tried to throw it into a trash can it just sat there in my main inventory laughing at me.... 

Oh well Watch out for this land mine everybody (clyde)

never mind it fixed it self on the third try It was wierd tho

Liking the changes so far but it would be nice to see a perk added that allows you to take carpentry 1 at the beginning of the game or cooking 1 at the beginning of the game as a perk not a proffesion.  Atm the only way to get carpentry at any level is to start as a construction worker or a carpenter and the only way to get any points into cooking is to start as a chef. *Edit* Ok I found out that handyman after taking it to see what it does actually gives +1 to carpentry, blade, and blunt maintenence.  If at all possibly please clarify in the tool tip that it does that, otherwise people are more likely to overlook it.  I still didn't find a perk for cooking which makes me sad : (

I'm also kind of wondering about how many points some negatives give vs some of the points that positives give. For example the negative "deaf" perk is only 12 points to allow you to pick up extra good perks.  You're completely giving up the ability to have any sound in your game which gives you a huge disability, shouldn't it be worth a lot more points?  Or possibly reduce some of the points on some of the positive perks.  I mean the strong perk now requires 10 points to get, which is all but 2 points from being deaf.  Dunno about anyone else but I always used to run with the strong perk just because it was the only positive perk before that was actually semi worth while of getting and it was mostly just for the extra carrying capacity.  Now I don't even see the point in taking that many negatives to get it when I'm trying to balance out my character with skills that will actually allow them to survive and not turn into zombie munchies within the first few weeks of the game.

All in all it's looking good, minus just these few tid bits : )

Just a few Problems i have with the balance of the new Profession and traits system.

If i want to take say a park ranger i have to take 2 low impact bad traits or one huge bad trait for a +100% to 2 nearly worthless skills(foraging, Trapping) and a 75% bonus to carpentry. But if i take Carpenter i get a 125% bonus to Carpentry and have 2 points to spend on a positive trait. So a carpenter can take the xp to carpentry and the Outdoors man trait While a Park ranger would have to take 6 points of bad skills to get the same trait.

One way to balance the classes would be lower the xp bonus not making people buy bad traits(or get rewarded for taking a class other then unemployed).

Other then the balance between Professions(or skills if you look at it that way) Im loving the new system.

Dunno what your talking about, foraging is a great profession. Trapping is kinda mehish, but you also get carpentry thrown in. Nothing wrong with Park Ranger imo.

What bothers me the most right now is, that I can't build my own little safe house. Stairs require level 6 carpentry but there was no update to the skillbooks. So it is a true grind fest to level 6 atm :(

Did you try carpenter + handyman + (when its fixed) Fast learner? Should help ease some of the pain.

Question about the challenges - it says you can play last stand in survival mode, but when i go to the challenges tab, there is the "CD DA" challenge and then two duplicate 'last stand in the woods' choices. I don't see anything about survival mode. How do I activate the last stand in survival mode challenge? thanks.

I hope this is also the feedback thread:

I waited for this one (thank youvery much ;)) and started a new game with my girlfriend yesterday. While we started to create our characters with the new trait system, she said something that actually was a pretty good suggestion (I thought):

Make the trait selection boxes beeing ordered by costs beside by names. It happened to us, that we both have been going the list up and down to find a matching trait and while doing so, we scanned the list up and down for the fitting costs and THEN decided what kind of trait we wanted to pick.

Beside that, there has been a moment where some zombies seemed to dissappear on some clients, meaning that I have seen 2 corpses on the floor I killed before, while she, entering later, only saw one corpse lying around. Both corpses had the keys for the house.