RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

Shoutout to EasyPickins - Thanks for all your help and support with our server issues and mapping problems. We have successfully started our first 10 x 10 cell standalone map. Without your help with zones and the bug reports we would be lost =x

To the rest of the PZ team - keep it up, I haven't talked to many of you yet, but the few I have, thank you for your help with your busy schedules and many thanks for making an enjoyable game!!

Last shoutout - to bug reporting (IT WORKS PEOPLE)

Hi,

Just getting to grips with 31.3. Couple of problems. The new cans etc are in place. I opened the corned beef and got opened corned beef but couldn't eat it. I opened tins of carrots and they just disappeared from my menu as thought opened carrots hadn't been done? I was half way through a 31.1 game so maybe that caused a problem with an update to 31.3 halfway through a game? Anyway just thought I'd mention. I'll start a new game and test.

Update 31.3! Some new foods, some balancing and a ton of fix by EasyPickins!

[New Stuff]

• Added new 16 foods item

and yet... STILL no cooking trait..

Cmon man, been waiting for this update for ages and you leave out the only one I was actually interested in :/

[New Stuff]

Cmon man, been waiting for this update for ages and you leave out the only one I was actually interested in :/

Ppppppfft...

Ok...

I'll add a "French" trait then...

[New Stuff]

Ppppppfft...

Ok...

lelelele, make it so you have to get the french trait if you want to be able to cook frog legs ;D

Edit : also, don't they have snails in KY as well? ;o

Nice work RJ they seem to work well now (checked corned beef, tinned carrots and tinned corn. All openable, shows opened tins and edible).. I got a XP boost to cooking just for opening the tins? not a problem, just an initial observation, (I was play testing on sandbox with xp boost). How awesome is it to have devs who not only check forums but immediately fix game in minutes. YOU GUYS ROCK!

[New Stuff]

Ppppppfft...

Ok...

Why, are french good at food or something?  I knew they made pretty good wine.

Wait what? Sure, we're the best in food! All muricans and UK chef have learn in French, even Gordon Ramsay, damn maaaan :D

Since we're being nationally stereotypical about food, maybe it should be an Italian trait?

Who wants to eat duck and snails when you could have lasagna or pizza? (the wine argument is a wash. Sorry RJ)

I may be an outlier, but I recently went on vacation to Europe and my wife and I had couldn't decide on England, France, or Italy. Culturally we wanted to go to all three, but chose Italy because of the food (and weather). And man was it worth it!!! Everyday was dining in paradise!!! (if you like carbs and gluten :P) We saw some amazing stuff, but damn the food...

Wait what? Sure, we're the best in food! All muricans and UK chef have learn in French, even Gordon Ramsay, damn maaaan :D

Since we're being nationally stereotypical about food, maybe it should be an Italian trait?

Why not both? And then give both some dishes they can cook from the start like Frog legs for the french (Sorry, I don't know any other example of french kitchen) and the italian can go and make lasagna.

How about Bear Grylls trait? Immunity to tainted water or an ability to recycle pee and no unhappiness penalty for eating worms\cockroaches + all such food has +xx protein instead of hunger.

After the most recent hot fix my new unemployed character without any strength traits has a carry weight capacity of 12 and im 95% sure it was eight before. Did i miss a patch note?

Did you check your character's traits in the info window to be sure? I just opened a bug (I think it's a bug) about one of my characters' gaining the "stout" trait seemingly by magic. Maybe the same thing happened to your guy.

After the most recent hot fix my new unemployed character without any strength traits has a carry weight capacity of 12 and im 95% sure it was eight before. Did i miss a patch note?

Did you check your character's traits in the info window to be sure? I just opened a bug (I think it's a bug) about one of my characters' gaining the "stout" trait seemingly by magic. Maybe the same thing happened to your guy.

My other one did i just realized, i didnt pick it either. but i started another new game up, unemployed with no traits and they still had a carry weight of 12.