RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

I'm not sure why but the lighting seems different. Its really unpleasant and hard to look at for any length of time. I wish I could be more specific but I don't have the words to describe it. It just looked different in 29.4 and by different I mean better for me personally.

I have checked the settings on the previous version (29.4) and they are all the same in 31.9.

Is there anything I can do to make it look like it did in 29.4?

Thanks

Eldergamer

I can't get the stable release!

I dunno why!

Ive been playing IWBUMS, but i opted out to get the stable one, it has displayed not a single inkling of knowledge of the existance of the update?

Can i force it to check?

Playing on steam

They're almost the same, so it's not likely to need many changes. In the right-click/properties menu, you can 'Validate' your local files. Try that.

I'm not sure why but the lighting seems different. Its really unpleasant and hard to look at for any length of time. I wish I could be more specific but I don't have the words to describe it. It just looked different in 29.4 and by different I mean better for me personally.

I have checked the settings on the previous version (29.4) and they are all the same in 31.9.

Thanks

Eldergamer

I believe the shaders were redone, you can turn them off.

Thanks

Eldergamer

Yep, just disable the shaders, although I think having options for None, "Classic" shaders" and "New" shaders would be a nice option.... (clyde)

• Fixed Strength/Fitness not decreasing due to laziness.

wait so does this mean if i start with high strength, and play a lazy character, they will lose the initial strength bonus? and if so, is the reverse true? (starting with overweight or weak and losing those attributes by playing an active character)

Thanks

Eldergamer

Yep, just disable the shaders, although I think having options for None, "Classic" shaders" and "New" shaders would be a nice option.

Before I wasn't sure what was different but after a while playing I can see that everything is dim or faded. Less color... I thought maybe there was a setting for this but I don't see anything. I would love to add some color back.

Eldergamer

The Professions and Traits list is not accurate unless the problem is on my side.

For example the Fire Officer is very boring with +1str/fit/sprint, no axeman (as listed), while the Lumberjack (not listed) has +2bl +1str and axeman.

I was using IWBUMS and I turned off beta and restarted steam to get the public update. Also this thread still says IWBUMS so maybe its just the wrong link from steam and we are all thanking in the wrong thread XD

They changed up the professions during iwbums updates and must have forgot to change the original patch notes

• Fixed Strength/Fitness not decreasing due to laziness.

wait so does this mean if i start with high strength, and play a lazy character, they will lose the initial strength bonus? and if so, is the reverse true? (starting with overweight or weak and losing those attributes by playing an active character)

no one really knows fine details. they're hidden skills, increase with running and carrying a lot. Devs havent said anything about the finer points of it

So I've had this game a while now but have just started using my foraging skills with the new update. I noticed that when i find chipped stones and craft a Raw Axe, it can barely get through 1 tree before breaking.... That's fine, I understand its a crude Axe not meant to be as powerful as the real one. What Im wondering is, will that Raw Axe get better with my foraging skill? With my Blade Maint. Skill like a real Axe would? Or is it just as it is, a Raw Axe that you need to make many of in order to be self sustained? It's my understanding that as my Foraging goes up i have a better chance finding more chip stones which in turn would allow me to build a lot more axes. But foraging takes quite a toll and makes you exhausted pretty quickly.

I noticed that I can right click the tree and select "Chop down Tree" or i can attack it just like a zombie. Is there a difference there? I haven't noticed one.

I'm just wondering all of this because I want to be completely survivalist  out in the middle of the forest and cant find a real axe anywhere. Thanks.

So I've had this game a while now but have just started using my foraging skills with the new update. I noticed that when i find chipped stones and craft a Raw Axe, it can barely get through 1 tree before breaking.... That's fine, I understand its a crude Axe not meant to be as powerful as the real one. What Im wondering is, will that Raw Axe get better with my foraging skill? With my Blade Maint. Skill like a real Axe would? Or is it just as it is, a Raw Axe that you need to make many of in order to be self sustained? It's my understanding that as my Foraging goes up i have a better chance finding more chip stones which in turn would allow me to build a lot more axes. But foraging takes quite a toll and makes you exhausted pretty quickly.

I noticed that I can right click the tree and select "Chop down Tree" or i can attack it just like a zombie. Is there a difference there? I haven't noticed one.

I'm just wondering all of this because I want to be completely survivalist  out in the middle of the forest and cant find a real axe anywhere. Thanks.

while i dont know whether or not the axe gets better over time with maintenance skills, i know that by using the 'chop tree' option, i can get around 2 1/2 trees from each axe i make

Could someone point me to the university of rain-barrel making! It was already ridiculous when you needed 2 carpentry to make one. Now you need a fucking PHD in carpentry to take the lid off a crate and put a garbage bag in it. Come on man... Help me understand this because right now it seems your just making the game harder just because you can.

Every house or building has a roof without exception. Most have rain guttering. All you would truly need to do is put something under the downspout to catch the water. From a cup to a barrel any idiot could do this. Why...!!!! Why!!!! are you making the collection of water so freaking difficult? I mean if you need a tank to collect water that's easy too. Almost every house or building has a hot water heater. You could hold 20,40, even 80 gallons of water in that. Buildings like multistory apartments have 1200-1500 gallon tanks. Those are also almost full as well. You can go to a fire station. their trucks have 300 to 1500 gallon tanks that are kept full at all times. I mean why the hell do I need to build a crate to hold a garbage bag anyway. There are garbage cans everywhere that where made exactly for the purpose of holding garbage bags.

Just let us put a clean bag in a clean garbage can and drag it to the roof.

The Axe won't get better with ur foraging skill. But it will get better with your blade maint. skill.

Could someone point me to the university of rain-barrel making! It was already ridiculous when you needed 2 carpentry to make one. Now you need a fucking PHD in carpentry to take the lid off a crate and put a garbage bag in it. Come on man... Help me understand this because right now it seems your just making the game harder just because you can.

Every house or building has a roof without exception. Most have rain guttering. All you would truly need to do is put something under the downspout to catch the water. From a cup to a barrel any idiot could do this. Why...!!!! Why!!!! are you making the collection of water so freaking difficult? I mean if you need a tank to collect water that's easy too. Almost every house or building has a hot water heater. You could hold 20,40, even 80 gallons of water in that. Buildings like multistory apartments have 1200-1500 gallon tanks. Those are also almost full as well. You can go to a fire station. their trucks have 300 to 1500 gallon tanks that are kept full at all times. I mean why the hell do I need to build a crate to hold a garbage bag anyway. There are garbage cans everywhere that where made exactly for the purpose of holding garbage bags.

Whilst I kind of agree with what you're saying, the lack of loveliness in your post is disturbing.  :(

Whilst I kind of agree with what you're saying, the lack of loveliness in your post is disturbing.  :(

You are right of course. I did get carried away. The post came on the heels of me chopping threw a forest of trees to get my second carpentry point only to discover I needed 4 now. I was a bit angry and frustrated with what I already felt was ridiculous grinding in the first place. I am a work smarter not harder kind of guy so it was really eating at me. I do apologize for the rant. I do love the game and will go right back to it however I do wish there was a bit more thought put into the myriad of ways to find and collect water.

Awesome update! I just got this game this weekend and am in love!!

I have a question about the new skills though - especially carpentry. I started a char without any carpentry skills, and I think I'm screwed. I read the beginners carpentry book, and it says "multiplier: 3" and has the flashing arrows. But when I barricade or make log walls I only get 1xp still . Is this a bug or the way it was intended? What's the point of reading the books if you get 1 xp either way??

The Axe won't get better with ur foraging skill. But it will get better with your blade maint. skill.

Thanks

You are right of course. I did get carried away. The post came on the heels of me chopping threw a forest of trees to get my second carpentry point only to discover I needed 4 now. I was a bit angry and frustrated with what I already felt was ridiculous grinding in the first place. I am a work smarter not harder kind of guy so it was really eating at me. I do apologize for the rant. I do love the game and will go right back to it however I do wish there was a bit more thought put into the myriad of ways to find and collect water.

Level 2 carpentry pre-31 would be the equivalent of level 4 in post 31. The levels just got divided up to be a bit more in-depth.

It does take slower to level up everything you aren't specialized in in your character build, though.

Awesome update! I just got this game this weekend and am in love!!

I have a question about the new skills though - especially carpentry. I started a char without any carpentry skills, and I think I'm screwed. I read the beginners carpentry book, and it says "multiplier: 3" and has the flashing arrows. But when I barricade or make log walls I only get 1xp still . Is this a bug or the way it was intended? What's the point of reading the books if you get 1 xp either way??

if you dont start with any point in carpentry you automatically level up carpentry at a much slower rate (1/4x) than if you start at with one point. Orignally, sawing logs or barricading only gave about 1xp anyway. So 1xp  X 1/4 = 1/4xp every time you do it, times the multiplier of 3. It sucks but its how they balance against the characters becoming 'jack of all trades' early, or even in late game. The best counter to stuff like this is the fast learner perk. It helps a lot, especially when coupled with skill books. I dont like to start trying at traits anymore until i gather up a few skill books anyway. I like to call my character librarians due to my obsession with collecting all the skill books

Can someone share a way to get a steady supply of water after the lights go out that doesn't rely on carpentry or going from house to house scavenging whats left in their plumbing.

Find one of the two or three wells in the game.

Alternatively, now that water can be collected from the river (and needs purification), just go there.

Can someone share a way to get a steady supply of water after the lights go out that doesn't rely on carpentry or going from house to house scavenging whats left in their plumbing.

Find one of the two or three wells in the game.

Alternatively, now that water can be collected from the river (and needs purification), just go there.

It is cool that they let you draw from rivers now. I'm in Muldraugh though so I don't think there is a river near by. I guess I need to find a well then.

Thanks for sharing,

Eldergamer

Level 2 carpentry pre-31 would be the equivalent of level 4 in post 31. The levels just got divided up to be a bit more in-depth.

It does take slower to level up everything you aren't specialized in in your character build, though.

Thanks for sharing what you know

Eldergamer

really,we can't create FLAME TORCH? :???:

• Player will now revive as a zombie after being infected and dead. Follow your character becoming part of a new horde and slaughter other poor players! (or being killed... Again.. Urg.)

Will our former zombie selfs carry our loot? That would be a fun and incentive way to want to go back and hunt for them. I think I read somewhere they drop the items held in the hands to the ground, but if they have our inventory on them then that would be nice.

Also, I know its not listed, but I think its a fair question to ask with the overhaul. Will we now be able to see the hidden skills Fitness and Strength?

already exist,if you kill your dead character/zombie you can loot what he/you carry on primary inventory,bags etc.. drop on ground,but items on primary inventory you find when you kill your dead character/zombie ;D

I started playing PZ a while ago and slowly lured a group of friends to join.

I run a server off my PC for them all to log onto and we've had a great time so far..

31 is Amazing! We have had such a blast starting a new server with the updates and running with them..

Having a Pacifist character who is claustrophobic trying to fight off a small horde in a house is now so difficult! Trying a completely deaf character was genuinely scary and she died when a large crowd burst through a window in a room behind her.

Having the roles designated by the traits is also great because now the guys who want to do carpentry don’t have to search the town in the hope of finding that one book they need.

Amazing update, seriously can’t wait to see what comes next.

PZ team – You’re stars!