RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

• Splatter blood in a radial pattern when stomping a zombie.  Might change it back to directional, blood tended to fly for 100 feet though.

This is actually great and I hope it stays this way, I can understand 100ft+ directional blood splatter if the head is smashed with a sledgehammer or some other heavy hitting weapon, radial feels more realistic when you're just stomping it with your boot.

This just made me think of Gallagher and his watermelon smashing!

Build 31.9 released to the public:

• Fixed camping/farming/trapping breakage right after loading in singleplayer. (Issue #001502)
  • Fixed loot-rarity sandbox option not working the first time a map was loaded in singleplayer. (Issue #001500)
  • Fixed translations breaking evolved recipes. (Issue #001499).
  • "Make Can of" - > "Make Jar of", "Open Can of" -> "Open Jar of" renaming.
  • Fixed snow appearance not being synced in multiplayer.
  • Added food spoilage to some new types of food. (Issue #001504)

Also, the whole "charge your swings" thing was removed.  EDIT: Actually, charging still increases the chance to knock down zombies.

Hi,

Fish is too heavy, a big fis is about 30lbs?!?

No it's not.

Fishing buffs can confirm that fish can get that heavy.

And yet a tree yields two 9 pound logs. So a tree weighs less than a big fish. I personally like the idea of making the game more realistic than your average "crafting" formula game. Sawing boards and planing them should take much longer and you should also be able to use a wheel barrow or drag  bundled up logs with a tarp and rope. Half a tree should weigh much more than 9 pounds. But hey, that is just IMHO. I love this game either way. 

Most spices seem to have 10 uses, with their default statline being -10hunger and +15 to +30 boredom/unhappy. Changing that into 10x uses of -2 unhappy/boredom sounds about right.

Salt and pepper have 10 uses, ketchup and mustard have 5 uses, mayonnaise doesn't even work, and Remoulade hasn't been implemented as a spice yet. Of the spices that currently DO work, all 4 are non-perishable. Salt is better saved for bread making. All of the other 3 functioning spices are best saved for hard times.

If mayonnaise did work, it could be argued that it "might" be worthwhile, since it can spoil, even if its at the -2 hunger for +2 happiness rate of ketchup/mustard. Add in the fact that if you actually need happiness/boredom reduction, its easier to spam 2 ingredient recipes. Spices need revisiting IMO to convince me to give up a non-perishable item for a very small happiness bonus.

Not only that, but spices still have the longstanding bug of being unable to add them if you cap out your dish on ingredients, so that's another strike against them.

Weight isn't in any unit of measure (outside of fish, as far as I know). It's literally just a representation of "weight."

You can already tie logs up with rope to make them weigh less. Just imagine you're dragging them.

I had no idea that you could tie up logs with a rope. That is really good to know. Where do you find that sort of info? Is it in the Wiki?

Weight isn't in any unit of measure (outside of fish, as far as I know). It's literally just a representation of "weight."

You can already tie logs up with rope to make them weigh less. Just imagine you're dragging them.

I had no idea that you could tie up logs with a rope. That is really good to know. Where do you find that sort of info? Is it in the Wiki?

It says so in the game, as soon as you have a hammer, showing the needed items for each item you can (or can't) build.

In this case, it tells you that you can do it with rope, ripped sheets or twine:

SrZIRlk.jpg

Hoping they add some bare handed melee attacks.

Maybe a Charged HayMaker attack and ad some Brass knuckles for new weapons as well. 

Like to see the ability to kick while holding a gun to push Walkers back.

Hope to see some more Character customization such as seeing a backpack on your back when you do equip a backpack.

Anyways, love this game and love the changes, can't wait to see more!

Maybe a Charged HayMaker attack and ad some Brass knuckles for new weapons as well. 

Hope to see some more Character customization such as seeing a backpack on your back when you do equip a backpack.

Id also love to see backpacks showing my back. Itd really be one of my favorite features hehe

Id also love to see backpacks showing my back. Itd really be one of my favorite features hehe

Suggestions to the suggestions forum please!

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/forum/20-pz-suggestions/

It says so in the game, as soon as you have a hammer, showing the needed items for each item you can (or can't) build.

In this case, it tells you that you can do it with rope, ripped sheets or twine:

I think he meant tying logs with rope to reduce their carry weight, not building log walls :S

Hey just though I would let you know that these two things were in the "new stuff" list twice

• You now have an option to craft all the stacks of something (having 7 logs? Right click, "Saw Logs" -> "All"  :) )
  • Added a key binding (default F8) to hide/show the ping (top left corner)

And thanks for another great update

:DI got this game about a week ago and I fell in love with it. I personally didn't really think an update of this magnitude would hit me so quickly haha. Anyways Love this game and cant wait to play this new update with friends.

I have some quick questions:

Will my friend who hosts a server need to get a new server file or will the file auto update?

If it auto updates then will our map be the same?

Moving on thank you devs for this great new build, I cant wait to try the new traits system :Dkeep up the good work

The Professions and Traits list is not accurate unless the problem is on my side.

For example the Fire Officer is very boring with +1str/fit/sprint, no axeman (as listed), while the Lumberjack (not listed) has +2bl +1str and axeman.

I was using IWBUMS and I turned off beta and restarted steam to get the public update. Also this thread still says IWBUMS so maybe its just the wrong link from steam and we are all thanking in the wrong thread XD

Hi,

No it's not.

And yet a tree yields two 9 pound logs. So a tree weighs less than a big fish. I personally like the idea of making the game more realistic than your average "crafting" formula game. Sawing boards and planing them should take much longer and you should also be able to use a wheel barrow or drag  bundled up logs with a tarp and rope. Half a tree should weigh much more than 9 pounds. But hey, that is just IMHO. I love this game either way. 

Anyway, if you take a big fish at the rate of 6 logs... what would you say is heavier?

I would apprieciate heavier logs or lighter fish!

Hi,

No it's not.

Anyway, if you take a big fish at the rate of 6 logs... what would you say is heavier?

Go to projectzomboid/media/scripts. Find items.txt open with any text editor. Then search for 'item Log'. Under it there's a line that says 'weight = 9'. Change that to your heart's desire. You can do so on all of the items and more. :)

Hi,

No it's not.

A corpse weighs 12. I can't imagine many fish from a river weighing 2.5 times as much as a human.

Hey, maybe have varying corpse weights since everyone is not the same weight might be a good idea?

Doing my own tweeks to the weight of items in the projectzomboid/media/scripts folder sounds like a good idea. I imagine I would have to update the weights every time a developer's update is pushed out. It would be fun to play around with anyhow.

Hi,

No it's not.

A corpse weighs 12. I can't imagine many fish from a river weighing 2.5 times as much as a human.

Hey, maybe have varying corpse weights since everyone is not the same weight might be a good idea?

The weight of objects is in no actual units, bro.

Fish have their displayed weight but their actual wait in the game units is NOT 30.