RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

Thanks Dudeman, that tallies with what I could see regarding updates, but I've only been playing Survival mode so it's definitely not sandbox settings, guess it's just been a string of unlucky games, despite all having the 'Lucky' trait :)

You didn't happen to play a game of Last Stand or one of the other minigames, did you? There used to be a bug where after playing one all of the zombies of the map would hunt you down permanently in your Survival game in some cases. It's not impossible that that could have been reintroduced.

Sadly not Rathlord, I wish I could explain it away as this bug.

I played almost continuously since downloading the game as my wife is hooked on PZ: The spectator experience, but then took 2 days off to avoid burnout. I've only played on Survival mode since I graduated from Beginner, and then today things have not gone well for me in the 5 or 6 playthroughs I've burned through this evening.

You may have just gotten lucky previously!

Make sure not to run (it makes lots of noise) even when you're in a house. Sneaky is good! And also make sure to turn the lights off, especially if some of the windows aren't covered. Good luck!

Upcoming Build 31.7 (no it isn't out yet  :razz: :razz: :razz: ).

• Create a KeyRing when importing pre-build-31 players.
  • Try to convert old 5-level XP to new 10-level XP when importing pre-build-31 players.
  • Fixed stacked-crate sprites getting messed up when destroying objects. (Issue #001444)
  • Skill-book multiplier affects 2 skill levels.  This is controlled by the "NumLevelsTrained" property in items.txt for books. (Issue #001439, #001441)
  • Fixed issues highlighting objects when the mouse pointer is over a Key.
  • Fixed non-Key items being added to a KeyRing.
  • Fixed container sounds in the inventory window (zipper opening, etc) being lost after reloading.
  • Fixed adding sheets to carpentry window frames in multiplayer.  (Issue #001450)
  • Couldn't add/remove CombinationPadlock.
  • Mousing over a CombinationPadlock would highlight all doors/windows/thumpables.
  • When removing a Padlock, the key would not be removed from the player's KeyRing, leading to duplicate keys.
  • Locked containers could still be viewed in the loot window.
  • Added a background under moodle tooltips to make the text readable on snow days. (Issue #001451)
  • Fixed the Pause key (F2 by default) unpausing the game in the main menu. (Issue #001447)
  • Fixed an exception in IsoMetaGrid.load() when using custom maps.
  • Prevent zombie attacks when an open door is between the zombie and player. (Issue #001419)
  • Wrap long server descriptions in the server browser.
  • Fixed long text being drawn outside text entry controls.
  • Fixed player-death related NullPointerException when joining a server. (Issue #001463)
  • Fixed a multiplayer multithreading bug. (Issue #001465)
  • Fixed some wounds bleeding when the health panel reported they weren't.
  • Added MinutesPerPage server option.  This is the number of gameworld minutes it takes to read one page.  The default is 1.0.
  • Fixed FastReader/SlowReader traits. (Issue #001472)
  • Fixed losing XP when the trait multiplier was < 1.0 for a partially-read book.
  • Fixed thump sounds playing when zombies were on fire in multiplayer. (Issue #001467)
  • Fixed other players displaying the wrong equipped weapon in multiplayer sometimes. (Issue #001471)
  • The user can choose starting clothing and colors when creating a new character.
  • Fixed all items in a stack being unequipped when only the first was equipped. (Issue #001474)
  • Fixed table lamps turning back on after loading. (Issue #001473)
  • Fixed "You survived for" time being 0 minutes 0 seconds when player survived less than 1 hour.
  • Sleep dialog appears after walking to a bed/seat, goes away if player moves. (Issue #001420)
  • Drink Milk, don't Eat it. (Issue #001476)
  • Fixed being given Aiming XP for all potential targets instead of only the few that a weapon could hit.
  • Fixed zombie gibs causing tree-rustling sounds.
  • Added Melee command (Spacebar or left trigger) to shove/stomp.
  • Fixed charging attacks having no effect on damage.  This might need balancing.
  • Server "-adminpassword XYZ" command-line option bypasses the enter-a-password prompt when creating a server. (Issue #001481)
  • Fixed typo with has-a-cold moodle. (Issue #001482)
  • CDDAy challenge savefiles can be saved and continued. (Issue #001484)
  • Added translation support for challenges.  Made it easier to add challenges via mods. (Issue #001483)

Released Build 31.7! All hail EasyPickin for all the bugs fix! :D

[bug Fix/Tim stuff]

• Create a KeyRing when importing pre-build-31 players.
  • Try to convert old 5-level XP to new 10-level XP when importing pre-build-31 players.
  • Fixed stacked-crate sprites getting messed up when destroying objects. (Issue #001444)
  • Skill-book multiplier affects 2 skill levels.  This is controlled by the "NumLevelsTrained" property in items.txt for books. (Issue #001439, #001441)
  • Fixed issues highlighting objects when the mouse pointer is over a Key.
  • Fixed non-Key items being added to a KeyRing.
  • Fixed container sounds in the inventory window (zipper opening, etc) being lost after reloading.
  • Fixed adding sheets to carpentry window frames in multiplayer.  (Issue #001450)
  • Couldn't add/remove CombinationPadlock.
  • Mousing over a CombinationPadlock would highlight all doors/windows/thumpables.
  • When removing a Padlock, the key would not be removed from the player's KeyRing, leading to duplicate keys.
  • Locked containers could still be viewed in the loot window.
  • Added a background under moodle tooltips to make the text readable on snow days. (Issue #001451)
  • Fixed the Pause key (F2 by default) unpausing the game in the main menu. (Issue #001447)
  • Fixed an exception in IsoMetaGrid.load() when using custom maps.
  • Prevent zombie attacks when an open door is between the zombie and player. (Issue #001419)
  • Wrap long server descriptions in the server browser.
  • Fixed long text being drawn outside text entry controls.
  • Fixed player-death related NullPointerException when joining a server. (Issue #001463)
  • Fixed a multiplayer multithreading bug. (Issue #001465)
  • Fixed some wounds bleeding when the health panel reported they weren't.
  • Added MinutesPerPage server option.  This is the number of gameworld minutes it takes to read one page.  The default is 1.0.
  • Fixed FastReader/SlowReader traits. (Issue #001472)
  • Fixed losing XP when the trait multiplier was < 1.0 for a partially-read book.
  • Fixed thump sounds playing when zombies were on fire in multiplayer. (Issue #001467)
  • Fixed other players displaying the wrong equipped weapon in multiplayer sometimes. (Issue #001471)
  • The user can choose starting clothing and colors when creating a new character.
  • Fixed all items in a stack being unequipped when only the first was equipped. (Issue #001474)
  • Fixed table lamps turning back on after loading. (Issue #001473)
  • Fixed "You survived for" time being 0 minutes 0 seconds when player survived less than 1 hour.
  • Sleep dialog appears after walking to a bed/seat, goes away if player moves. (Issue #001420)
  • Drink Milk, don't Eat it. (Issue #001476)
  • Fixed being given Aiming XP for all potential targets instead of only the few that a weapon could hit.
  • Fixed zombie gibs causing tree-rustling sounds.
  • Fixed charging attacks having no effect on damage.  This might need balancing.
  • Server "-adminpassword XYZ" command-line option bypasses the enter-a-password prompt when creating a server. (Issue #001481)
  • Fixed typo with has-a-cold moodle. (Issue #001482)
  • CDDAy challenge savefiles can be saved and continued. (Issue #001484)
  • Added translation support for challenges.  Made it easier to add challenges via mods. (Issue #001483)

[New Stuff]

• You now have an option to craft all the stacks of something (having 7 logs? Righht click, "Saw Logs" -> "All" :))
  • Added a key binding (default F8) to hide/show the ping (top left corner)
  • Hunger/Thirst reduction from base item now applied to evolved recipe (so if you used 25 hunger reduction to make your pie/cake, you'll have have this as a base when making your cake.. Make sense? I'm not even sure what I'm saying, duh.)

[Translation]

• Updated the translations! (FR, DE, NL, RU, ES.... Everyone who posted in the official translation thread, thanks again guys, you're all a piece of heaven in awesome land)

Seems like this broke stomping a little bit. In build 31.6 it took roughly 2-12 stomps to finish off a zombie after shoving it down on the ground. Now it takes often as mush as 30 and more stomps (with or without a weapon) and also you can stomp 2 zombies at a time (which was not possible prior to 31.7) while holding a baseball bat. I did not test other weapons.

how do i get 31.7? 

Steam says update queued, but that's it.

How do i manually do the update?

There should be an up arrow, that says something like move to top of queue or similar. That will force start the download.

how do i get 31.7? 

There should be an up arrow, that says something like move to top of queue or similar. That will force start the download.

Fantastic!

-----

Anyway, a sweet new feature would be total zombie customization.

Also with having presets on zombie speed, intelligence and stuff, give us sliders!

so we may have 100% customization!

Because i want zombies that can jog, but not full on sprint.

• Hunger/Thirst reduction from base item now applied to evolved recipe (so if you used 25 hunger reduction to make your pie/cake, you'll have have this as a base when making your cake.. Make sense? I'm not even sure what I'm saying, duh.)

Glad to see cooking is being revisited. Gonna assume spices are still not functioning?

Also, there is a HUGE selection of colors for clothes (honestly don't think there is that many in game?). Hair colors could use some re-visiting when possible.

Seems like this broke stomping a little bit. In build 31.6 it took roughly 2-12 stomps to finish off a zombie after shoving it down on the ground. Now it takes often as mush as 30 and more stomps (with or without a weapon) and also you can stomp 2 zombies at a time (which was not possible prior to 31.7) while holding a baseball bat. I did not test other weapons.

Just started up a new game to test the shove/stomp feature...no problems on my end. Grabbed a hammer with an unemployed bum, and went to town on a group of them. Both seem to work fine, the stomp seemed to kill them within 2-5 stomps.  I am wondering if shoving them away when they get too close should still be a context action (triggered by left click when zeds are close) or if you should HAVE to push spacebar to trigger the shove (hoping that makes sense). Opinions?

how do i get 31.7? 

Fantastic!

-----

Also with having presets on zombie speed, intelligence and stuff, give us sliders!

we already haz that. Take a look in the sandbox settings.

how do i get 31.7? 

Fantastic!

-----

we already haz that. Take a look in the sandbox settings.

We do?

A slider that you may drag to any speed you wish, from shambler to sprinter, and and inbetween of each setting?