RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

Guest Styxx42

WAIT, I started that out wrong.

FIRST OFF AWESOME UPDATE>

I LOVE THE SKILLS AND SUCH YOU CHANGED. LOVE IT.

BUT, having real issues with damage from melee.

Did you lower the damage of a new character?

it is taking on upwards of 8 shots to kill one zombie on normal.

This is confirmed with three players on my server last night.

That seems excessive with an Axe.  

Are our characters now closing their eyes whist swinging to account for how bad they are?  That is with a Stout character.

And forget using golf clubs. 18 shots I counted on two different occasions.  What are these Golf clubs made out of?

I should be able to cave a skull in with two or three good whacks with a nine iron.

I gave up when three rushed up stairs on me and the first 8 swings had not knocked the first one down.

I might as well have a teddy to attack them with.

I don't want to have to weaken the zombies but if this keeps up I am going to have to.

-snip-

Pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that having Level 0 skill in Blade\Blunt makes one pretty much useless in combat. For me, brawler trait is a must have in SP atm. Lumberjacks are damn good at dispatching zombies, even with stone axe you can craft.

But yeah, gold clubs are suspiciously useless.

Also, I think knifes got heavily nerfed, having a hunting knife was pretty much a guaranteed kill one vs one, it fails regularly now making knifes completely useless as weapons as they pose too high risk of getting bit.

Overall, combat got muuuch harder unless you use traits\profession that adds some Blunt\Blade handling skill.

Build 31.5:

• Recipes can use "OnGiveXP:MyLuaFunction" to award XP when a recipe is used.  MyLuaFunction should take 4 arguments.  See the top of media/lua/server/recipecode.lua for an example.

For the OnGiveXP:MyLuaFunction I am guessing we would write our own function in a lua file? But how do we writeit?

Currently the OnGiveXP function is DefaultRecipe_OnGiveXP(recipe, ingredients, result, player)

So do we write it as something like this <ModName>Recipe_OnGiveXP(recipe, ingredients, result, player) and then write the rest of the info we want involved after? Or am I thinking this through wrongly?

IE: could we just write a function at the end of the recipe or does it go in a lua file I find it somewhat confusing.

Guest Styxx42

-snip-

Pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere that having Level 0 skill in Blade\Blunt makes one pretty much useless in combat. For me, brawler trait is a must have in SP atm. Lumberjacks are damn good at dispatching zombies, even with stone axe you can craft.

Also, I think knifes got heavily nerfed, having a hunting knife was pretty much a guaranteed kill one vs one, it fails regularly now making knifes completely useless as weapons as they pose too high risk of getting bit.

Overall, combat got muuuch harder unless you use traits\profession that adds some Blunt\Blade handling skill.

I was looking for it in the patch notes but couldn't find it. But that information HELPS huge.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Cheers.

Does the official update has to be release with a mondoid ?

Or can we hope to be on build 31 before next monday, or better: before this weekend ?

It takes around a month from iwbums to release. You can still play build 31 in iwbums.

Does the official update has to be release with a mondoid ?

Or can we hope to be on build 31 before next monday, or better: before this weekend ?

It takes around a month from iwbums to release. You can still play build 31 in iwbums.
Lol xD, thank you to help an idiot like me ^^

I'm doing this right away, love you

-snip-

Actually having Level 0 on Blunt/Blade is not so bad. The Bat is the way to go before you get an axe. Then when you have an axe it's alright and you will level up quite quickly even with slow learner! I'm lovin' it :D

Before just like you, Brawler skill was a must have, but it isn't anymore.

• Added tainted water:
    • You can now gather water from the river but it'll be tainted.
    • Same for rain collector barrel water.
    • Tainted water can still be drink but cause some food poisonning.
    • Boil it (only in pot or bowl) to remove the tainted

How about the ability to add a tiny bit of bleach to tainted but contained (barrels, pots, etc) water souces for purification? That's possible in reality if the right ratios are used.

• Added tainted water:

How about the ability to add a tiny bit of bleach to tainted but contained (barrels, pots, etc) water souces for purification? That's possible in reality if the right ratios are used.

I support this idea so long as having one jug of bleach doesn't mean you have potable water for a year. In real life, it's 8 drops of bleach per GALLON of water. I think the ratio in game should be significantly bigger than that so it's not ridiculous. And keeping with reality, bleach-treated water should only be mostly safe. There should still be a chance that it'll make the player character sick. No idea what a reasonable percentage chance should be. One in twenty maybe? One in fifty? Maybe a player who subsists entirely on bleach-treated water should expect to get sick on it once per in-game month, just to keep things interesting.

(I totally get why it's not in the game, but this is one of those times when I wish we had a diarrhea mechanic.)

• Added tainted water:

I support this idea so long as having one jug of bleach doesn't mean you have potable water for a year. In real life, it's 8 drops of bleach per GALLON of water. I think the ratio in game should be significantly bigger than that so it's not ridiculous. And keeping with reality, bleach-treated water should only be mostly safe. There should still be a chance that it'll make the player character sick. No idea what a reasonable percentage chance should be. One in twenty maybe? One in fifty? Maybe a player who subsists entirely on bleach-treated water should expect to get sick on it once per in-game month, just to keep things interesting.

(I totally get why it's not in the game, but this is one of those times when I wish we had a diarrhea mechanic.)

Bleach basically kills just about everything, the getting sick part from drinking water with bleach is generally caused by actually having to much bleach in your system I think xD  I'd personally be down for it though and a bottle of bleach would realistically be good for probably up to a few months to maybe half a year if you're constantly using it only for cleaning water.  When they add in generators we will be able to power the fridge and lights, an interesting idea might be to allow us to build a makeshift still or water boiler that will constantly keep purifying water and feeding it into say a cooler or water jug so as long as we keep it filled with water, we will always have a source of clean water : )  Hmmm, strip down a old water boiler for a house and re-purpose it for that use : D

I would definitely like adding bleach to be an option for purifying/disinfecting water:

From the EPA:

1. Use bottled water that has not been exposed to flood waters if it is available.
  2. If you don't have bottled water, you should boil water to make it safe. Boiling water will kill most types of disease-causing organisms that may be present. If the water is cloudy, filter it through clean cloths or allow it to settle, and draw off the clear water for boiling. Boil the water for one minute, let it cool, and store it in clean containers with covers.
  3. If you can't boil water, you can disinfect it using household bleach. Bleach will kill some, but not all, types of disease-causing organisms that may be in the water. If the water is cloudy, filter it through clean cloths or allow it to settle, and draw off the clear water for disinfection. Add 1⁄8 teaspoon (or 8 drops) of regular, unscented, liquid household bleach for each gallon of water, stir it well and let it stand for 30 minutes before you use it. Store disinfected water in clean containers with covers.

(clyde)

Build 31.6 released:

• Fixed map-corruption bug (base overwritten by another part of the map). (Issue #001318)
  • Fixed fire-sprite syncing on burning characters in multiplayer. (Issue #001429)
  • Move items to main inventory before drinking or transferring water from them. (Issue #001427)
  • Fixed endurance loss from shooting guns. (Issue #001415)
  • Fixed starting Strength/Fitness levels (Obesity going away to soon). (Issue #001426)
  • Fixed "Fast Learner" / "Slow Learner" overriding XP boost. (Issue #001432)
  • Client scripts/ files must match the server's (same as for Lua files).
  • Fixed toggle-safety action being interrupted by attacking. (Issue #001433)

Build 31.6 released:

• Fixed map-corruption bug (base overwritten by another part of the map). (Issue #001318)
  • Fixed fire-sprite syncing on burning characters in multiplayer. (Issue #001429)
  • Move items to main inventory before drinking or transferring water from them. (Issue #001427)
  • Fixed starting Strength/Fitness levels (Obesity going away to soon). (Issue #001426)
  • Fixed "Fast Learner" / "Slow Learner" overriding XP boost. (Issue #001432)
  • Client scripts/ files must match the server's (same as for Lua files).
  • Fixed toggle-safety action being interrupted by attacking. (Issue #001433)

Love seeing the bug fixes. We step closer towards perfection every time. =)

Build 31.6 released:

OH ma god... I always thought that was intended >_____>

as did i

DOES THIS MEAN WE DON'T GET TIRED FROM SHOOTING ANYMORE?  OH MY F***ING S**T C***ING GOD OF ********

Build 31.6 released:

OH ma god... I always thought that was intended >_____>

as did i

DOES THIS MEAN WE DON'T GET TIRED FROM SHOOTING ANYMORE?  OH MY F***ING S**T C***ING GOD OF ********

lol....damn dude, relax.

no need to go all crazy on us