RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

After the most recent hot fix my new unemployed character without any strength traits has a carry weight capacity of 12 and im 95% sure it was eight before. Did i miss a patch note?

Did you check your character's traits in the info window to be sure? I just opened a bug (I think it's a bug) about one of my characters' gaining the "stout" trait seemingly by magic. Maybe the same thing happened to your guy.

You can gain traits by leveling up the passive skill Strength.

You can also gain capacity by putting bags on your back (now that bags are accessible, this was probably meant to be removed).

After the most recent hot fix my new unemployed character without any strength traits has a carry weight capacity of 12 and im 95% sure it was eight before. Did i miss a patch note?

Did you check your character's traits in the info window to be sure? I just opened a bug (I think it's a bug) about one of my characters' gaining the "stout" trait seemingly by magic. Maybe the same thing happened to your guy.

Ah, I didn't know that. Did I see mention up-thread of a known bug involving Strength in 31.3? Cause I just added a bunch of steps-to-reproduce to my bug about gaining the stout trait. If you start with an unemployed character with no traits, you can kill a dozen zombies (maybe fewer) and gain stout after saving and reloading. Pretty sure that's not intended behavior.

You can also gain capacity by putting bags on your back (now that bags are accessible, this was probably meant to be removed).

This second character was as plain and new to zomboid as possible. no traits, no professions. i had just created her and she was in her starting house and her capacity was 12, with nothing equipped, and no stout trait in the info pane. Starting traitless carry capacity is supposed to be 8, right?

Wait what? Sure, we're the best in food! All muricans and UK chef have learn in French, even Gordon Ramsay, damn maaaan :D

Since we're being nationally stereotypical about food, maybe it should be an Italian trait?

Why not both? And then give both some dishes they can cook from the start like Frog legs for the french (Sorry, I don't know any other example of french kitchen) and the italian can go and make lasagna.

How about Bear Grylls trait? Immunity to tainted water or an ability to recycle pee and no unhappiness penalty for eating worms\cockroaches + all such food has +xx protein instead of hunger.

murican trait: +1 cooking and ability to deep fry butter

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/tracker/issue-1409-max-carrying-capacity-increases/

A fix is committed for it. Probably the next hotfix im guessing.

Finally got the chance to play for awhile and there's a few things that I think may want to be rebalanced.  Just to try them out I took the sleepy head *need more sleep* and restless sleeper *sleep doesnt recover as much stamina* and I've got to say that this combo is beyond horrible.  Example: I made it to twiggies, didnt run there or do any fighting just snuck there, spent the night ended up sleeping 11 hours, woke up and slept another 8 so that it would be during the day as it was still early morning.  By the time I had managed to sneak across the way and get into the market and make it into the back room and started looting, this is without running or fighting mind you, my character was already drowsy.  By the time I had made it back to twiggies, which was only about 5 in game hours, my character was tired.  By the time I had my food put away in the fridge, I was very tired.  My character slept for 19 hours and went to being very tired in a span of about 6 hours.  Thinking I might have just over tired my character a bit I decided to try something and slept 11 hours, woke up drowsy, slept another 11 hours and proceeded to do the same thing again.  This only expanded the time before I hit very tired by about an hour. 

I'm a certified insomniac in real life and I would like to point out that that's pretty much insane o.O There's no way for you to really get anything done during a day with that negative perk combo because you only literally get around 5 or 6 hours of "not doing anything strenous" before your character is tired to the point of being worthless.  I can tell you from real life experiance that while insomnia sucks, it's not NEARLY as bad as that xD  I decided to try it out again and slept 11, 11, 4 then decided to go downstairs and break down 3 of the doors in twiggies with a baseball bat to get planks to board up the windows.  During that time I went to the tired status and that was only in about 2 to 3 in game hours. 

Not exactly sure if it's a stamina thing or if the amount of stamina / tiredness is just so redic low that it's not doing any good, but it's something I thought I'd bring to attention : ) Atm I'd rather take the deaf perk and completely forgo all sound then take that perk combo o.O

Addition: After playing around with the both perks by themselves and trying them out, it seems to be the "restless sleeper" perk that's the uber culprit behind how horrible it is xD  Stood there for a day fast forwarding while swinging a baseball bat till my character got tired, then slept.  11 hour woke up drowsy, slept 8 more cause that was the max they would let me, then got up and started swinging baseball bat again, 2 hours later was at the drowsy state again.  Seems a bit broken if you ask me, got to sleep more then 24 hours just to recover your stamina enough that your character can do more then 2 hours of work in a day.

(many insightful observations)

I tried the same combo on the first day build 31 was available, and I agree it's brutal. But what I didn't try (because my guy didn't live long enough) were any fatigue-fighting tricks. Would vitamins or coffee work to reduce a character's fatigue and make it merely challenging rather than unplayable? I haven't been playing long enough to know how either of those two items work, but a character who's dependent on stimulants to get anything useful done sounds like an interesting gameplay challenge to me. A hard one to be sure, but interesting.

Sleepyhead by itself, I agree, isn't bad. In my limited experience with it it seems to bump the average up from 7-9 hours a night to 10-12 hours a night. In the context of being the last person alive in a town overrun by the dead, I don't think that's implausible, and it only makes things a little harder from a gameplay perspective.

Hey. That gives me an idea. Off to the suggestions forum.

Build 31.4 released:

• Fixed map objects.lua files being loaded in reverse order.
  • Added ConstructionPreventsLootRespawn server option.
  • Fixed passive trait levels increasing when they shouldn't.
  • Fixed Weak/Obese traits not being applied on skill level 1.
  • Fixed initial Fitness XP not being set to level 5.
  • Fixed graphical glitch in "Major skills" list (bars overlapped the text).
  • Fixed Strength/Fitness not decreasing due to laziness.
  • Fixed crazy-high XP Multiplier sandbox option causing infinite loop and sound spamming.
  • Fixed new coop players not getting level 5 in Strength/Fitness.
  • Fixed Disorganized trait breaking inventory management. (Issue #001374)
  • Fixed uncooked/rotten/alcoholic foods having no effect sometimes. (Issue #001408)
  • Fixed book xp multiplier not being applied to the correct levels. (Issue #001405)

Build 31.4 released:

• Fixed book xp multiplier not being applied to the correct levels. (Issue #001405)

I actually grinded the final 90000 xp with a mere multiplyer of 3. 

I feel accomplished ~_~

My server can't run on 31.4....

Go read this, then come back and try that again.

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html

LOL yes i'm sorry.

So, I'm on Linux and after update from Build 31.3 to 31.4

I can't run my server because it loads and stop immediately :

SVN REVISION 964versionNumber=Early Access v. 31.4 demo=falseserver name is "servertest"reading server options from "/home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest.ini"user database "/home/thymon/Zomboid/db/servertest.db"Initialising Server Systems...translator: language is ENtranslator: failed to parse Recipes for language=ENtranslator: failed to parse Items for language=ENLoading: media/lua/shared/ISBaseObject.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/JoyPad/JoyPadSetup.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/NPCs/MainCreationMethods.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISRackAction.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/TimedActions/ISBaseTimedAction.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISReloadAction.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISReloadManager.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISReloadUtil.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISReloadableMagazine.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISReloadable.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISSemiAutoWeapon.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISReloadableWeapon.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISShotgunWeapon.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/ISRevolverWeapon.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Reloading/stormysReload.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Sandbox/SandboxVars.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/SpawnRegions.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Util/AdjacentFreeTileFinder.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Util/BuildingHelper.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Util/LuaList.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Util/StringReplacer.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/Util/Vector2.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/a_requires.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/defines.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/keyBinding.luaLoading: media/lua/shared/luautils.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISBuildUtil.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISBuildingObject.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISDestroyCursor.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISDoubleTileFurniture.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISLightSource.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISNaturalFloor.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISPaintCursor.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISSimpleFurniture.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISWoodenContainer.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISWoodenDoor.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISWoodenDoorFrame.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISWoodenFloor.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISWoodenStairs.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/ISWoodenWall.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/PaintingReference.luaLoading: media/lua/server/BuildingObjects/RainCollectorBarrel.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Camping/BuildingObjects/campingCampfire.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Camping/BuildingObjects/campingTent.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Camping/ISCampfire.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Camping/camping.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Camping/camping_fuel.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Camping/camping_text.luaLoading: media/lua/server/ClientCommands.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Farming/BuildingObjects/ISFarmingCursor.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Farming/BuildingObjects/farmingPlot.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Farming/ISPlant.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Farming/ScavengeDefinition.luaScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.BerryBlackScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.BerryBlueScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.BerryPoisonIvyScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.BerryGeneric1ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.BerryGeneric2ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.BerryGeneric3ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.BerryGeneric4ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.BerryGeneric5ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.MushroomGeneric1ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.MushroomGeneric2ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.MushroomGeneric3ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.MushroomGeneric4ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.MushroomGeneric5ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.MushroomGeneric6ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.MushroomGeneric7ScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.CricketScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.GrasshopperScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.CockroachScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.FrogScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.WormScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.GrapeLeavesScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.RosehipsScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.VioletsScavengDefinitions: no such item Base.WildEggsLoading: media/lua/server/Farming/basicFarming.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Farming/farmingCommands.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Farming/farming_displayInfo.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Farming/farming_vegetableconf.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Fishing/BuildingObjects/FishingNet.luaLoading: media/lua/server/HealthSystem/HealthUpdate.luaLoading: media/lua/server/ISBuildingBlueprintManager.luaLoading: media/lua/server/ISCoordConversion.luaLoading: media/lua/server/ISDoor.luaLoading: media/lua/server/ISObjectClickHandler.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Items/ItemBindingHandler.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Items/ItemPicker.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Items/ScriptItemInterface.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Items/SuburbsDistributions.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Items/WorldFiller.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Map/MetaEnum.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Movers/ISBaseMover.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Movers/MoverStateMachine.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Movers/MoverStates/ISBaseState.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Movers/MoverStates/MoveToState.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Movers/Rabbit.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/Behaviour/BaseBehaviour.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/Behaviour/GuardBehaviour.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/FetchQuest.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/ISConversationScript.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/NPCEncountersMain.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/NPCHouse.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/SadisticAIDirector/EventSystem.luanew event systemLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/SadisticAIDirector/MetaSurvivor.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/SadisticAIDirector/MetaSurvivorGroup.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/SadisticAIDirector/RelationshipModifiers/Modifiers.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/SadisticAIDirector/SadisticAIDirector.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/SadisticAIDirector/SadisticMusicDirector.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/SadisticAIDirector/SurvivorSelector.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/SendOnLootMission.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NPCs/TestThing.luaLoading: media/lua/server/NewSelectionSystem/GridSquareSelector.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Professions/Professions.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Seasons/season.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Seasons/seasonProps.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Traps/BuildingObjects/TrapBO.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Traps/ISTrap.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Traps/ISUI/ISTrapMenu.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Traps/TrapDefinition.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Traps/TrapRecipeCode.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Traps/TrapSystem.luaLoading: media/lua/server/Traps/trappingCommands.luaLoading: media/lua/server/TurnBased/TurnBasedMain.luaLoading: media/lua/server/TutorialHelperFunctions.luaLoading: media/lua/server/XpSystem/XPSystem_SkillBook.luaLoading: media/lua/server/XpSystem/XpSystem_text.luaLoading: media/lua/server/XpSystem/XpUpdate.luaLoading: media/lua/server/katebaldspottutorial.luaLoading: media/lua/client/SurvivalGuide/ISTutorialPanel.luaLoading: media/lua/client/ISUI/ISPanel.luaLoading: media/lua/client/ISUI/ISUIElement.luaLoading: media/lua/client/ISUI/ISRichTextPanel.luaLoading: media/lua/client/ISUI/ISButton.luaLoading: media/lua/server/mapScripts.luaLoading: media/lua/server/metazones/metazoneHandler.luaLoading: media/lua/server/metazones/metazones_muldraugh.luaLoading: media/lua/server/metazones/metazones_westpoint.luaLoading: media/lua/server/recipecode.luaLoading: media/lua/server/timedactionshelper.luaLoading: /home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest_SandboxVars.luascript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/Lot_Rural_Farmhouse_00_distribution.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/camping.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/evolvedrecipes.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/farmdistribution.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/farming.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/fixing.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/items.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/newitems.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/beenbit.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/chewedbyzombies.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetingalreadymembers.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetinghub.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetingsloner.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetingteamup.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetloneraggressiveaggressive.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetloneraggressiveneutral.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetlonerfriendlyneutral.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetlonerneutralaggressive.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetteamupaggressiveaggressive.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/firstmeetteamupneutralaggressive.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/givenitem.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/killedzombie.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/meetagainalreadymembers.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/meetagainhub.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/meetagainloner.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/meetagainteamup.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/npcgroupcommands.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/patchedup.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/randomtalk.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/randomtalkbleeding.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/randomtalkfleeing.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/npcs/randomtalkfleeingbleeding.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/recipes.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/suburbsdistribution.txtscript: loading /home/steam/steamapps/zomboi/projectzomboid/media/scripts/uniquerecipes.txtLoading: /home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest_spawnregions.luaLoading: /home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest_MUL-spawnpoints.luaLoading: /home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest_BF-spawnpoints.luaLoading: /home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest_NEW-spawnpoints.luaLoading: /home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest_WP-spawnpoints.luaLoading: /home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest_DW-spawnpoints.luaLoading: /home/thymon/Zomboid/Server/servertest_WD-spawnpoints.luaLoading world...tiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions.tilestiledef: loading media/newtiledefinitions.tilesERROR: WindowW sprite shouldn't have HoppableW (location_hospitality_sunstarmotel_01_32)ERROR: WindowN sprite shouldn't have HoppableN (location_hospitality_sunstarmotel_01_33)ERROR: WindowW sprite shouldn't have HoppableW (walls_exterior_wooden_01_36)ERROR: WindowN sprite shouldn't have HoppableN (walls_exterior_wooden_01_37)ERROR: WindowW sprite shouldn't have HoppableW (location_community_school_01_8)ERROR: WindowN sprite shouldn't have HoppableN (location_community_school_01_9)ERROR: WindowW sprite shouldn't have HoppableW (walls_exterior_house_02_92)ERROR: WindowN sprite shouldn't have HoppableN (walls_exterior_house_02_93)tiledef: loading media/tiledefinitions_erosion.tileserosion: reading /home/thymon/Zomboid/Multiplayer/servertest/erosion.inijava.io.EOFException	at zombie.iso.IsoLot.readInt(IsoLot.java:66)	at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.Create(IsoMetaGrid.java:890)	at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1122)	at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:213)45, 33Loading: media/maps/West Point, KY/objects.luaLoading: media/maps/Muldraugh, KY/objects.luajava.lang.NullPointerException	at zombie.iso.IsoMetaGrid.load(IsoMetaGrid.java:595)	at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1144)	at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:213)server terminated

So I was playing Sandbox with Extremely Rare loot settings and I noticed one thing, the recent addition of canned, non perishable foods makes the food problem non existant in early game, It's quite easy to hoard a months supply of canned goods with a few runs. On Rare it's twice that. God only knows how much of that stuff can spawn in a single cupboard on higher settings.

I would suggest adding some kind of script that controls spawn rates of canned goods, like one or two rolls for all canned items selecting a random one and spawning that instead of one roll for each item because it can spawn ridiculous amounts of food and it really increases the chance of finding some on low loot settings.

I found it with remove my Multiplayer folder.

But I lost my save :( :(

Again...

If I shutdown my server. I can't reload.

I must delete Multiplayer folder on my server directory.

Can you unzip this into the ProjectZomboid/zombie/iso directory and see if it works?

It looks like a problem with all the map mods you have, it fails when loading map_meta.bin.

zombie_iso_IsoMetaGrid.zip

Finally got the chance to play for awhile and there's a few things that I think may want to be rebalanced.  Just to try them out I took the sleepy head *need more sleep* and restless sleeper *sleep doesnt recover as much stamina* and I've got to say that this combo is beyond horrible. 

I suspect this will be down to the time per day thing not scaling correctly.

If you have 30 minute days, which is default, stamina drain will appear to be very fast.

Try 1 hour days, might elevate the problem