RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

People can do what they want, and its up to the developers in the end. It just doesn't make sense, since Fitness Trainer gives, well, fitness points, and obese removes said fitness points. Just like hemophobic with doctors and nurses, you can't use first aid on anyone if you take that trait. In the case of Veteran, its clear abuse cause its free points.

Edit: I understand RP reasons as well, but part of this is also to protect new players. I'm simply waiting for people who make doctors and take hemophobic and begin posting why they can't use First Aid on anybody.

Well concerning the gameplay aspect, traits that cancel each other like fitness trainer & obese or hemophobic and doctor profession are not really bothering, it only requires a bit of logic from new players to think it's pointless to take both. Making players unable to choose both would add more clarity to the list for sure, but there is no "exploit" to prevent. So I don't mind either way ^^

As for the desensitized trait from the Veteran profession, i'm not sure but, doesn't it only applied to zombies encounter ? not being panic-ed when fighting zombies ? Therefore not "conflicting" with agoraphobic/clostrauphobic/hemophobic traits ? I'm really not sure tho...

As for the desensitized trait from the Veteran profession, i'm not sure but, doesn't it only applied to zombies encounter ? not being panic-ed when fighting zombies ? Therefore not "conflicting" with agoraphobic/clostrauphobic/hemophobic traits ? I'm really not sure tho...

Desensitized says you do not panic at all. Its the reason Agoraphobic, Claustrophobic, Brave, Cowardly, and Adrenaline Junkie was made exclusive to it. Hemophobic is what I am sure is an oversight, cause its a clear abuse skill since its free points for that profession.

I know that I'm probably better off posting this in suggestions, but it's regarding a very recent addition that I think should be looked into straight away before it leaves the IWBUMS :P

Regarding the floor cleaning - I think using "bleach" is a nice "Addition", but overall I think you should be able to do it with water. I mean, out of all, it's the most logical thing a player would attempt to do :P

Water container (Any, really - a full bottle of water can clean full 1 tile, etc) + towel/rag/cloth/sheet should do the job properly, like "Right Click > Clean floor with > Bleach/Water".

In real life, blood is surprisingly difficult to get off of surfaces and out of textiles using water alone. The stuff isn't strictly water-soluble.

In the game, I imagine the use of bleach is more a function of infection prevention than cleanliness alone. As long the zombie contagion is biological and not straight-up magical, bleach will kill it for sure; bleach kills everything. So if you're looking at a puddle of gore teeming with whatever pathogen makes zombies happen, it's entirely plausible to say you're gonna reach for a bottle of bleach to clean it up rather than a bucket of water.

In real life, blood is surprisingly difficult to get off of surfaces and out of textiles using water alone. The stuff isn't strictly water-soluble.

In the game, I imagine the use of bleach is more a function of infection prevention than cleanliness alone. As long the zombie contagion is biological and not straight-up magical, bleach will kill it for sure; bleach kills everything. So if you're looking at a puddle of gore teeming with whatever pathogen makes zombies happen, it's entirely plausible to say you're gonna reach for a bottle of bleach to clean it up rather than a bucket of water.

Pretty sure there's a Romero movie where someone tries drinking bleach to avoid becoming a zombie, but becomes one anyways lol. Can't remember which one it was.

Pretty sure there's a Romero movie where someone tries drinking bleach to avoid becoming a zombie, but becomes one anyways lol. Can't remember which one it was.

Well yeah, drinking it wouldn't kill the pathogen in your blood. It would, however, kill you quite effectively, as the game already incorporates. Erm. Spoiler alert I guess.

The really interesting thing about bleach is that for about 200 years, nobody knew exactly why it kills everything. It was just this incredibly toxic thing that would destroy every living microorganism known to man and nobody knew why or how. It was only recently that somebody (I forget who) identified the exact chemical interaction between the hypochlorite ion in bleach and a particular protein that does it. Basically the hypochlorite interacts with this one protein (which is found in all life based on proteins) and neutralizes its action, which causes all the other proteins around it to coagulate, just as if they'd been boiled. Bacteria, fungi, viruses, even prions … they're all fundamentally made of protein molecules, and bleach turns them into so much amino-acid slag.

Anyway. Sorry. Totally off-topic. All I was trying to say was that if it were me cleaning up zombie goo, I'd use Clorox rather than tap water. I'm weird, though.

Update 31.3! Some new foods, some balancing and a ton of fix by EasyPickins!

[New Stuff]

• Added new 16 foods item
  • Added Frog in foraging

[bug Fix]

• Fixed Strength/Fitness being reset on some profession/traits
  • Fixed some doors being locked from the inside and not unlockable without a key.
  • Fixed empty Kettle being cookable while the full Kettle was not.
  • Fixed traits from previous new players getting inherited by the next new player.
  • Fixed "Clean blood" not removing blood on the server. (Issue #001402)
  • Fixed chop-tree and remove-bush animation not taking endurance moodle level into account.
  • Fixed players spreading fires in mp when NoFireSpread=true. (Issue #001392)
  • Fixed server crash when a client adds an unknown type of item to the world. (Issue #001398)
  • Fixed "Fixed skill tooltips sometimes "sticking" to the mouse."
  • Fixed Drowsey -> Drowsy moodle tooltip typo. (Issue #001364)
  • Fixed servers not updating the public server list when PauseEmpty=true. (Issue #001378)
  • Fixed hit-testing in the skills panel.
  • Fixed level 9 skills requiring 75 XP. (Issue #001369)
  • Trees will not slow down /noclip players. (Issue #001393)
  • Fixed endurance not decreasing unless Asthmatic trait was taken.
  • Fixed keys looted from corpses disappearing in multiplayer. (Issue #001360)

[balance]

• Reduce the damage done by panic in melee
  • Reduce the knockdown chance with panic

since its listed, can i ask what the new food items may be?

*Spoiler* I found a few of the new foods for anyone curious. Canned tomatoes, canned potatoes, canned peas, zucchini, avocado, pineapple, cherry, and yogurt. I only checked houses, so I think most of the remaining new foods are probably specific to grocery stores, bakeries, etc.

Edit: All but the canned tomatoes and canned potatoes had missing sprites, just fyi.

For the +1 carpentry, maybe with the "handy" trait, idk, i'll see with the team :)

Plz ask about +1 cooking and aiming/reloading trait. Oh and there is only 1 trait with defence skill, would be cool to have some more so we can try guard/tank build. ;-)