RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

But its not just aiming and its expensive.

Having a gun and knowledge how to use it it common in USA. The new trait its for people that had a gun before apocalypse.

If they do add one I can guarantee it'll be -6 like all the other ones. Even the First Aid + Foraging one is 6 points, and I honestly don't consider First Aid that useful since you'll never actually get to level it up without pretty much dying.

But its not just aiming and its expensive.

Having a gun and knowledge how to use it it common in USA. The new trait its for people that had a gun before apocalypse.

If they do add one I can guarantee it'll be -6 like all the other ones. Even the First Aid + Foraging one is 6 points, and I honestly don't consider First Aid that useful since you'll never actually get to level it up without pretty much dying.

Cost 6 is fine, hunting cost 8 and dont have reloading :-)

I wish to know how "Fitness" work? "Fitness Instructor" get 3 Fitness. So it is only for runnig? Or swinging weapon to? And what does then this 3 mean? I can´t find this attribute...

I guess it's one of the 'passive' skills like strength, what it does is pretty much give you more endurance so you're not going to get exhausted as easily, you'll be able to run longer etc. Also as far as I know by default everyone starts with 5 in all passive skills, feeble reduces strength for example.

I think it works like that. Didn't try fitness instructor yet I prefer lumberjack atm. and there you get bonus to strength which is passive.

Edit: Other thing, is it just me or does it not matter if a zombie spawned inside a building or far away from it but as long as he dies inside it he might have a key in his inventory? Because I killed about 7 zombies lured from outside into a house and ended up with 3-4 keys to my 'slaughterhouse'.

Edit: Last issue I found, Asthmatic is not exclusive with Fit and Athletic. It probably should be.

Because of you I can't stop thinking of a big strong Lumberjack that's asthmatic, thanks xD

I found the Obese Asthmatic Fitness Trainer to be more amusing.

How about an illiterate doctor?

I wish to know how "Fitness" work? "Fitness Instructor" get 3 Fitness. So it is only for runnig? Or swinging weapon to? And what does then this 3 mean? I can´t find this attribute...

I guess it's one of the 'passive' skills like strength, what it does is pretty much give you more endurance so you're not going to get exhausted as easily, you'll be able to run longer etc. Also as far as I know by default everyone starts with 5 in all passive skills, feeble reduces strength for example.

I think it works like that. Didn't try fitness instructor yet I prefer lumberjack atm. and there you get bonus to strength which is passive.

Edit: Other thing, is it just me or does it not matter if a zombie spawned inside a building or far away from it but as long as he dies inside it he might have a key in his inventory? Because I killed about 7 zombies lured from outside into a house and ended up with 3-4 keys to my 'slaughterhouse'.

It still my for me a big mystery : is Fitnes only for runnig or Swinging weapon too?

That one is pretty good (and probably shouldn't be allowed). Hemophobic Veterans, Doctors, and Nurses are pretty dumb too.

I dunno. One man's "dumb" is another man's "amusingly quirky." Traits that directly cancel each other out, like Lucky and Unlucky, should probably be enforced as mutually exclusive, but a doctor who panics at the sight of blood presents a neat role-playing opportunity if you're into that. Whisky helps reduce panic, after all.

I dunno. One man's "dumb" is another man's "amusingly quirky." Traits that directly cancel each other out, like Lucky and Unlucky, should probably be enforced as mutually exclusive, but a doctor who panics at the sight of blood presents a neat role-playing opportunity if you're into that. Whisky helps reduce panic, after all.

Well, in the Veteran's case, its 100% mechanical reasons. They shouldn't be able to select hemophobic because they are immune to panicking. In the case of the doctor/nurse, again, it makes no sense. Hemophobic says you CANNOT perform First Aid on other people. It would be pretty much impossible to be a doctor or nurse if you weren't able to treat people.

-snip-Hemophobic says you CANNOT perform First Aid on other people. It would be pretty much impossible to be a doctor or nurse if you weren't able to treat people.

But on the other hand you could roleplay the reason. I'd simply think that the doctor is shocked so badly after seeing his/her spouse being torn apart that he cannot stand the sight of blood anymore as it brings back the memory.

I Love the new challenge you guys added. It prove the hole thing about drinking and surviving. First time i actually died from being too drunk, swayed right in to a horde. If you guys want a taste of true Zomboid panic try the CD challenge... you will panic... I guarantee it  

My record is 3 mins... Cause of death : Drunken stupidity

That one is pretty good (and probably shouldn't be allowed). Hemophobic Veterans, Doctors, and Nurses are pretty dumb too.

I found the Obese Asthmatic Fitness Trainer to be more amusing.

etc...

While it sure is quite amusing, you guys need to understand that selecting Professions & Traits doesn't make those your character's background and history. They're just names because it would be a pain in the ass to have skills called "+2aiming,+2reloading,+1maintenance" and "slower rate of inventory transfer", so they've been given names.

You select professions & traits because of their perks, not because of their names, that means you CAN take illiterate and doctor... maybe your character lived on a farm its whole life and cared for some injured animals, but never got the chance to learn how to read because its redneck family never sent him to school, hence the basic medical knowledge but no reading ;o

An hemophobic nurse could be someone who have scholar medical knowledge, from books, but never got to apply his/her knowledge on real situation.

The story of your character is up to you and you only, not to the perks you choose.

Sorry, I'm gonna have to respectively disagree. Hemophobic Veterans, Nurses, and Doctors make no sense, as in the Veterans case its a cheesy way for free points, and in the latter case.......your defeating the whole purpose of the profession.

Also, Doctor implies someone learned, not a beginner. There is zero ways you could ever become a doctor without being able to read, and I think limiting some traits makes it more interesting. Want to be a doctor? Can't take illiterate. Want to take illiterate? Plenty of other professions make sense for it, and it could be seen as a perk for taking it, in that you can take that drawback. Right now the professions desperately need some unique things about them.

erh, I don't know how to express what I said in a better way, but you didn't understand what I said at all.

I invite you to re-read my post slowly.

I understand it 100%. You want it left alone for RP reasons. I want more interesting gameplay choices. So, I simply agree to disagree.

erh, I don't know how to express what I said in a better way, but you didn't understand what I said at all.

I invite you to re-read my post slowly.

I understand it 100%. You want it left alone for RP reasons. I want more interesting gameplay choices. So, I simply agree to disagree.

Guys, best leave it here now. The devs'll implement whichever route they prefer, it is their game :)

Hello world!

Just to note, capable of selecting the progression 'Security Guard' who had Night-Owl (Needs less sleep) and able to select both 'Restless Sleeper' and 'Wakeful' at the same time. Would it make more sense for Night-Owl to exclude those particular traits, as the Guard already incorporates a sleep-related trait?

Hello world!

Just to note, capable of selecting the progression 'Security Guard' who had Night-Owl (Needs less sleep) and able to select both 'Restless Sleeper' and 'Wakeful' at the same time. Would it make more sense for Night-Owl to exclude those particular traits, as the Guard already incorporates a sleep-related trait?

Restless sleeper is different. Sleepy Head would be the one that's exclusive to Wakeful.

Last I heard Night Owl didn't even do anything, so I"m not sure if they even fixed it. If anything, Wakeful would stack with it (if its not bugged), but if its too OP I'm sure they'll nerf it.

Actually, I should go test that right now.

Yep, Night Owl is still busted. Here's some number (their approximations, ran at triple speed). Note that these are the numbers when doing absolutely nothing at all, as anything you do to cause fatigue will eventually cause you to tire out quicker.

No traits - 21 hours

Wakeful - 30 hours

Security Guard - 21 hours

No reason to test Security Guard + Wakeful until they fix Nightowl.

Ninja'ed. My bad, wrong name. ><' Well, it does seem odd to be able to create a Guard with Sleepy Head (does let you tick it), seeing as it comes with a in-built 'need less sleep' trait.

Edit; Wondering if Restless Sleeper may be better, that rather as a flat-reduction in rest gained per-hour, could be similar in how NEO Scavenger does it; much higher chance of waking up suddenly during the night, maybe with false-positives for zombies in the vicinity or other false-alarms/sounds to indicate something 'woke' the character up? Might make the player him/herself more paranoid, too.

My bad, wrong name. ><' Well, it does seem odd to be able to create a Guard with Sleepy Head (does let you tick it), seeing as it comes with a in-built 'need less sleep' trait.

It doesn't work. I'm not sure what they plan on doing, but yeah, some traits don't make sense at all with some professions like Obese Fitness Trainer.

People are giving professions and the people who fill them unrealistically high expectations. A overweight fitness trainer would suck at running, it is true. But that is what it translates to in game and it was your characters personal "life" decision to be a fitness trainer eventho he loves cake and overeats every day.

Be more imaginative please.

People can do what they want, and its up to the developers in the end. It just doesn't make sense, since Fitness Trainer gives, well, fitness points, and obese removes said fitness points. Just like hemophobic with doctors and nurses, you can't use first aid on anyone if you take that trait. In the case of Veteran, its clear abuse cause its free points.

So whats the point of it then? If your intentionally trying to make a weak character, just take unemployed and all the negatives.

Edit: I understand RP reasons as well, but part of this is also to protect new players. I'm simply waiting for people who make doctors and take hemophobic and begin posting why they can't use First Aid on anybody.