RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

Even if the panic mechanics get buffed more than reason allows, we'd still be able to hit & run to slay large amounts of zombies. It's not something that can be fixed solely with panic. It has to be (and will be) done when the combat mechanics get revisited, which is going to happen in the future with all the new animation-work (source, this week's mondoid).

Moodles need an overhaul in general, most negative moodles do nothing until they kill you. Effect of panic is completely invisible even with a gun if you're skilled enough and now traits come in that turn one negative moodle that had an effect into temporary buff. In extreme states of panic attacking should have a critical failure chance like having axe\knife\such to lodge in the zombie or something. I really don't see how animation overhaul could fix standard hit & run zombie massacres, even if zombies could grab you all you really need is for them to get within axe distance, hit, run, rinse & repeat.

In my opinion Hordes should provoke only one reaction - RUN! If there is more then a dozen zombies there shouldn't be any real chance to solo them.

Ok who knows how fitness and strenght skills work ?

before when it was lvl 1-5 they were corresponding to weak, stout and strong perks and fir athletic etc.

like that strenght:

1-weak

2-feeble

3-normal

4-stout

5-strong

fitness

1-obese

2-overweight

3-normal

4-fit

5-athletic

Now we have 10 points in each skill and we can have both skills from occupations in + strenght and fitness and take those perks like strong fit etc.

Do they stack ? Any point in taking fitness lvl bonus and athletic trait at the same time ?

How does it work now ?

Even if the panic mechanics get buffed more than reason allows, we'd still be able to hit & run to slay large amounts of zombies. It's not something that can be fixed solely with panic. It has to be (and will be) done when the combat mechanics get revisited, which is going to happen in the future with all the new animation-work (source, this week's mondoid).

Moodles need an overhaul in general, most negative moodles do nothing until they kill you. Effect of panic is completely invisible even with a gun if you're skilled enough and now traits come in that turn one negative moodle that had an effect into temporary buff. In extreme states of panic attacking should have a critical failure chance like having axe\knife\such to lodge in the zombie or something. I really don't see how animation overhaul could fix standard hit & run zombie massacres, even if zombies could grab you all you really need is for them to get within axe distance, hit, run, rinse & repeat.

In my opinion Hordes should provoke only one reaction - RUN! If there is more then a dozen zombies there shouldn't be any real chance to solo them.

To have such things as "critical failures resulting in lodged weapon" and such, you need new animations ;o That's the point of what's been briefly said on this week's mondoid : new animations (zombies and players) open the door too many new combat mechanics, so the whole combat aspect will probably see itself overhauled to make us unable to take large amount of zombies ; which is not something you can prevent only with negative moodlets buff, it's a deeper issue. If they had to fix this issue only with negative moodlets buff, it means they'd have to make the player unable to hit anything at all when panic-ed, which would be an infuriating mechanics for any player.

To have such things as "critical failures resulting in lodged weapon" and such, you need new animations ;o That's the point of what's been briefly said on this week's mondoid : new animations (zombies and players) open the door too many new combat mechanics, so the whole combat aspect will probably see itself overhauled to make us unable to take large amount of zombies ; which is not something you can prevent only with negative moodlets buff, it's a deeper issue. If they had to fix this issue only with negative moodlets buff, it means they'd have to make the player unable to hit anything at all when panic-ed, which would be an infuriating mechanics for any player.

I get that and I agree with that but when it comes to animations they're just eye candy, according to what you say sleeping should be impossible because there is no animation for sleeping, also, when there is lots of zeds around you it slows you down, why? Because they grab you, it works without an animation. There is a whole lot of things in PZ where we have to use our imaginations so why not just remove the axe from hand after an attack?

Also, sure, critical failure mechanics would be infuriating, but then again, so is permadeath after 6 months of surviving. I know this suggestion has been flying around for a while but moddles can and should have much bigger impact on gameplay and I'm sure they will.

Damn I need to shut up because lately I'm talking a lot about stuff that is so obviously going to be fixed\added eventually, my problem with discussing early access stuff, I know it'll be there but since it's not there yet I start to complain like it's never going to be there. Bleh, sorry about that.

Edit: Just noticed Enigma's post just wanted to add I'm sorry for off topicing.

I don't see how an adrenaline rush is a problem :D Panic is really a weakness if you have to fight, so it's ok for a looter/runner build I think :)

Adrenaline Junkie is fine RJ. The real question is though are you suppose to get it for absolutely free along with bonus points?

Case in point: Adrenaline Junkie costs -8 points. I now take Agoraphobic and Claustrophobic (because I want the buff full time). Thats +8 points, so it cancels it out and I get to run it full time. But wait, there's more!!!!!

So I'm always at the highest level of panic. I now take Cowardly, which has ZERO effect, for a free +2 points. I now also take Hemophobic, which now only has a very MINOR drawback of not being able to use First Aid on other players (so in single player, Zero drawbacks till NPCs are added) for an additional +3 points.

So in conclusion, Adrenaline Junkie builds are getting the perk for free (I know panic is a bad state, but I still don't have problems slaying zombies with it) along with an extra +5 points. So, is Adrenaline Junkie really suppose to get +5 free points? Or for that matter, any build that decides to take both phobias, are they suppose to get an extra +5 points?

I really think cowardly and hemophobic should be exclusive when you select both agoraphobic and claustrophobic. Alternate solution is to disable Adrenaline junkie if you select the indoor/outdoor phobias (because lets face it, you would die from that much adrenaline pumping through 24/7).

I'll prob buff Panic then :D

While a great idea, keep in mind if you buff it too much, you'll simply force people to auto pick Veteran........

Edit: I may sound like I'm trying to be difficult, but I'm really not. The issue I have with Adrenaline Junkie is the fact that they get a bunch of free points by stacking negative traits that have no effect.

I simply don't think Adrenaline Junkie should get a bunch of free points when they already have a perma speed buff at the cost of full time panic.

Veteran is already a powerful class in its own right (and is currently enjoying a free +3 points because for some weird reason their allowed to pick up hemophobic). It's actually a problem class since you get to ignore one of the games main mechanics that helps aid zombies in being a slight threat.

I'll prob buff Panic then :D

While a great idea, keep in mind if you buff it too much, you'll simply force people to auto pick Veteran........

Edit: I may sound like I'm trying to be difficult, but I'm really not. The issue I have with Adrenaline Junkie is the fact that they get a bunch of free points by stacking negative traits that have no effect.

I simply don't think Adrenaline Junkie should get a bunch of free points when they already have a perma speed buff at the cost of full time panic.

Veteran is already a powerful class in its own right (and is currently enjoying a free +3 points because for some weird reason their allowed to pick up hemophobic). It's actually a problem class since you get to ignore one of the games main mechanics that helps aid zombies in being a slight threat.

I perceive it as a non-issue. Imo adrenaline junkie isn't that good of a trait. If people want a speed boost they can just take runner/fit/athletic which cost less and do not depend on the panic level. It would be silly to take traits that makes you panic-ed at all time just to have a speedboost you could have otherwise.

Tho panic sure could use a little Buff.

what is fitness and strenght ??

Is there an answer for this? What skills does it give the boost to?

If I'm not wrong fitness and strength are passive skills that just aren't shown to the player. Iirc they change with time according to how you play.

Is there any chance we can have some performance improvements in this patch, Mainly in West Point? I get a constant 60 FPS in Muldraugh but struggle to get over 30 FPS in a lot of West Point, also turning all 3D models off makes little to know difference on my PC. Either way love the patch.

Is there any chance we can have some performance improvements in this patch, Mainly in West Point? I get a constant 60 FPS in Muldraugh but struggle to get over 30 FPS in a lot of West Point, also turning all 3D models off makes little to know difference on my PC. Either way love the patch.

It's the building quantity. The downtown of West Point is packed with 2 story+ buildings while on the other hand Muldraugh mostly consists of residental houses which are pretty small, so they don't cause lag.

The devs have promised more optimization in future however.

Edit: Last issue I found, Asthmatic is not exclusive with Fit and Athletic. It probably should be.

Because of you I can't stop thinking of a big strong Lumberjack that's asthmatic, thanks xD

You can definitely be fit and asthmatic. Im fairly in shape and asthmatic

Edit: Last issue I found, Asthmatic is not exclusive with Fit and Athletic. It probably should be.

Because of you I can't stop thinking of a big strong Lumberjack that's asthmatic, thanks xD

You can definitely be fit and asthmatic. Im fairly in shape and asthmatic

That must suck for you, you have my sympathies

When I was a kid I had Asthma so bad that I stayed in the hospital for a little while because of it, so I understand where your coming from

I perceive it as a non-issue. Imo adrenaline junkie isn't that good of a trait. If people want a speed boost they can just take runner/fit/athletic which cost less and do not depend on the panic level. It would be silly to take traits that makes you panic-ed at all time just to have a speedboost you could have otherwise.

Tho panic sure could use a little Buff.

Adrenaline Junkie can also take all those other boosts too, they all stack. The speed is quite ludicrous. Panic (currently) isn't that debilitating.

Yo!   Need a trait for cooking yo.  Just need one that gives the 100% cooking learning pls

To the adrenaline junkies wanting to be constantly panicked with Agoraphobic and Claustrophobic...  you seem to forget that being panicked has quite a severly negative effect.. Aiming!   so sure, go ahead and be constantly panicked to get the speed buff,   then spend 30 minutes trying to kill a zombie because you're aiming is so bad.

You're sacrificing the ability to kill things quickly for the ability to move quickly.  Being able to move fast is of little benefit imo

But to be fair, maybe being panicked should have an additional effect of causing more stamina drain, or getting tired quickly like the trait that makes you need more sleep

To the adrenaline junkies wanting to be constantly panicked with Agoraphobic and Claustrophobic...  you seem to forget that being panicked has quite a severly negative effect.. Aiming!   so sure, go ahead and be constantly panicked to get the speed buff,   then spend 30 minutes trying to kill a zombie because you're aiming is so bad.

Being panicked has never made it that difficult to kill zombies (a little bit, but by far no 30 minute ordeal). Its not just the speed you get, its all the free points as well (+5).

And yeah, we need a 75% cooking trait added at some point (no 100%, none of the others get that).

As far as i remember panic only affect range aiming not meele. So if you dont run gun build panic traits are free points for you.

+1 for cookin trait

And please add +1 aiming and reloading trait ;-)

Already exists, its called hunter.

Edit: Whoops, its sneaking instead of aiming. I guess they could always add a "Gun Enthusiast"  trait.

As far as i remember panic only affect range aiming not meele. So if you dont run gun build panic traits are free points for you.

+1 for cookin trait

And please add +1 aiming and reloading trait ;-)

Already exists, its called hunter.

But its not just aiming and its expensive.

Having a gun and knowledge how to use it it common in USA. The new trait its for people that had a gun before apocalypse.