RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

I am just a little sour that I won't be able to play anything but axeman! Waitin' for it to be fixed. There's already a couple bugs I want to report that are still in this build (they weren't listed as fixed in the update), probably, but I still cannot go on the tracker page. I'll just stick around and see if it's fixed today or tomorrow; it's pretty bad, but probably minor.

I have the stuck job bug but you should be able to select any job from a fresh character startup?

When mine gets stuck I have go back to main menu to let it reset my selection on the character create screen.

if you cannot visit the bug tracker page, post them here and i will place them in there for you.

please be as detailed as possible so it is clear what the issue is

I do not think this is the appropriate place, is it?

then PM them to me if that is better

if you cannot visit the bug tracker page, post them here and i will place them in there for you.

please be as detailed as possible so it is clear what the issue is

I do not think this is the appropriate place, is it?

then PM them to me if that is better

If you can't post to the tracker, here is the perfect place for them.

Sorry, I suspect some security mechanisms are blocking you, I can't access them right now to check :/

Okay, well. I'll start with an annoyin' one off the top of my head. Stand a good distance away from a door which you have the key to (ten to fifteen tiles. Walk further if necessary.) and lock/unlock it. If the bug happens, you'll automatically walk to the door, lock or unlock it, and then walk outside. This is very dumb if you just wanted to unlock or lock the door, and could get you killed if your house is surrounded by hostiles.

Okay, well. I'll start with an annoyin' one off the top of my head. Stand a good distance away from a door which you have the key to (ten to fifteen tiles. Walk further if necessary.) and lock/unlock it. If the bug happens, you'll automatically walk to the door, lock or unlock it, and then walk outside. This is very dumb if you just wanted to unlock or lock the door, and could get you killed if your house is surrounded by hostiles.

I posted a fix for various profession trait bugs here.

I cannot access it.

( Delete the original post. Flubbed up, and made a double. )

Update 31.2!

[New Stuff]

• You're now able to clean blood, you'll need bleach and a dish towel or a bath towel
  • You can now boil tainted water in a kettle
  • Added more traits:
    • WeakStomach = "Higher chance to have food illness",
    • IronGut = "Less chance to have food illness",
    • Hemophobic = "Panic when performing first aid on self, cannot perform first aid on others",
    • Asthmatic = "Faster endurance loss",
    • Scout = "+1 First Aid and +1 Foraging",
  • More professions:
    • Firefighter: doesn't have the axeman trait anymore but sprinting, fitness and strength skill
    • Lumberjack: 2 blade, 1 blade maintenance skill, axeman trait (faster tree chopping)
    • Burger flipper: 2 cooking, 1 blade maintenance skill
    • Fitness Instructor: 3 Fitness, 2 sprint skill
    • Nurse: 2 first aid, 1 lightfoot skill

[bug Fix]

• /teleport now use the z axis
  • Fixed calcul in the foraging action
  • Fixed skill books level not working on previous save
  • Fixed new coop players not being given the Sandbox "starter kit".
  • Health window grows taller to show all injuries.
  • Fixed zoom in/out speed being affected by the game speed multiplier.
  • Fixed being unable to move keys to keyrings with the controller.
  • Fixed barbecue and fireplace menu options not showing with the controller.
  • Controller L3 button toggles run on/off.
  • Added more mutually exclusive traits.
  • Fixed profession trait bugs. (Issue #001367)
  • More profession trait fixes. (Issue #001373)

[balance]

• Balanced some traits cost (veteran now cost 8, reduced some others traits cost)

Interesting. I noticed there still isn't a trait for cooking...... Guess that's still in the works. Also, any chance we'll see books for first aid and foraging eventually?

Also, while Hemophobic is cool.........I'm afraid your just giving adrenaline junkie builds even more free points. Gonna try out the patch, but I'm foreseeing a fitness instructor junkie being crazy.

Just fixed the iron guts thing, thanks :)

Few more bugs RJ, was just posting them to the tracker.

Hemophobic can be taken with the Veteran, Doctor, and Nurse. Makes zero sense.

Also, Hemophobic + Cowardly can still be taken with Claustrophobic and Agoraphobic. This is giving Adrenaline Junkie builds a LOT of free points.

Edit: Last issue I found, Asthmatic is not exclusive with Fit and Athletic. It probably should be.

I don't see how an adrenaline rush is a problem :D Panic is really a weakness if you have to fight, so it's ok for a looter/runner build I think :)

Does that mean panic got buffed in Build 31? Because back at 30 I axed a horde of ~80 zeds while severely panicked with hit & run tactics which adrenaline junkie makes much more effective.

I don't see how an adrenaline rush is a problem :D Panic is really a weakness if you have to fight, so it's ok for a looter/runner build I think :)

Does that mean panic got buffed in Build 31? Because back at 30 I axed a horde of ~80 zeds while severely panicked with hit & run tactics which adrenaline junkie makes much more effective.

Even if the panic mechanics get buffed more than reason allows, we'd still be able to hit & run to slay large amounts of zombies. It's not something that can be fixed solely with panic. It has to be (and will be) done when the combat mechanics get revisited, which is going to happen in the future with all the new animation-work (source, this week's mondoid).