RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

"The current system I used for securing my loot in MP, was by barricading the door, putting a mouse trap at the door(acts as an obstacle, can't walk over it) and covering the mouse trap with some items. Only way in would be by  removing the trap or destroying the wall to get in."

Muhahahah you just gave yourself away to the the bandits ;)

removing the sledgehammer from MP will mean a modification to the West Point Gun Shop will be required.

can't just shut people out from that store, would bring many, many complaints here

Once the door is broken down nothing more will respawn there anyway.

A few guns/accessories vs no sledge in MP. I know what I'd pick!!

"The current system I used for securing my loot in MP, was by barricading the door, putting a mouse trap at the door(acts as an obstacle, can't walk over it) and covering the mouse trap with some items. Only way in would be by  removing the trap or destroying the wall to get in."

Muhahahah you just gave yourself away to the the bandits ;)

I stopped playing MP because of an unannounced hard reset, I'm just giving advice to people who want to protect their loot.

Should have a Deaf trait along with Hard of hearing one!

Difference being Deaf u have 0% sound.

Not being able to hear zombies braking your windows/door as they get into your base can be a nice little handy cap, also ppl like me IRL that are deaf can get alittle extra points to make up for being Deaf lol

Deaf exists as a trait and currently gives you 12 points to spend elsewhere. :)

Sir Twiggy played the test build on stream and tried out the deaf trait.

You can check out his previous casts here: http://www.twitch.tv/sirtwiggy/profile/past_broadcasts

should update front page with a more full list of current job/traits

I think it's fine that the locked boxes can be broken into, and sledging into someone's base is realistic. Our server has players who thrive by hiding their crates in the forest, and building secret bases. They spend weeks doing this.

Our biggest problem in MP is when the map needs to be cleaned up a bit (typically after about 2-3 weeks). Soft-resets reset all the hard work these players have done stocking supplies. It keeps their bases but all food stores, building supplies, etc in crates they have collected are reset.

I ask again, will locked crates be skipped over when the soft-reset process is run? We were excited last year to see this implemented: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/03/road-to-unification/

But as of now, it falls short in it's usefulness.

I ask again, will locked crates be skipped over when the soft-reset process is run? We were excited last year to see this implemented: http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2014/03/road-to-unification/

You can ask, you can't insist. Post once, respond to any discussion, but don't keep bringing up the same thing over and over please.

Hello, I was just wondering what will happen to our current characters regarding the profession update?  Will we essentially have to create a new character or will the old ones update to reflect the current system with comparable values?

Thanks.

Reading the mondoid, am I correct in thinking the profession overhaul isn't until build 32? Or have I just misread?

I think you're misread - when build 32 is mentioned, they said "Build 32 will see the professions / traits / skills overhaul continue..."

Build 32 should have the new traits etc, and the stealth/new anims might be in build 32:

"The stealth system / animation overhaul has taken a little longer than expected, to the point where we’re starting to think it would be best saved for 32 than slow down the traits etc coming to the peoples"

(clyde)

You can ask, you can't insist. Post once, respond to any discussion, but don't keep bringing up the same thing over and over please.

Fair enough. It wasn't my intention to insist. Just surprising to see this question passed over without acknowledgment. It certainly seemed relevant to the update we are all discussing. I shall remain patient.

Looking forward to see the many ways people use locked doors to trick people into locking themselves into rooms.

I did something like this against Twiggy on his stream, told him to go inside a little house, barricaded the door, but he chopped the nearest wall :'(

So evil ( i love it), next time make sure that he dont have any weapon to break the door. Is lock picking possible ?

well as of now if you had a hammer or axe you can enter someone else's safe house. Either destroy the door or unbarricade the door / window to make entry. Hammers can be somewhat more common then the axe so i think you should only be able to enter someones base with just the axe. What i mean is for example if i was in my base and barricaded it, then the only way someone would be able to unbarricade my planks is by being on the inside of my house, since that's where i hammered them in at.

Inside or outside, a board hammered down with nails is easily removed with a hammer and a tiny bit of know how. Either I used the claw and just yank the exterior boards off or I break your window and smash the interior boards until they pop out, which I promise you won't take much even with a junky 16oz hammer.

Inside or outside, a board hammered down with nails is easily removed with a hammer and a tiny bit of know how. Either I used the claw and just yank the exterior boards off or I break your window and smash the interior boards until they pop out, which I promise you won't take much even with a junky 16oz hammer.

sure it is this i know, there's many other various ways you could have this set up, i just don't want to see it as easy as it is now for someone to enter a boarded up house. To add to this discussion, you could have planks both out and inside the house(to raise the difficulty of trying to enter) you could have so much wood boarded up it could/may be impossible or at least very difficult to break though with a claw side of a hammer, of course this would all depend on the wood, thickness,ect, ect. But maybe the game shouldn't be this micromanaged.......or should it? ^_^ ) planks could be alittle more detailed as strength,class(wood type, pine,maple,(oak is very strong)(i mean why not we already can see various species of trees in the game as is) possible thickness such as 2x4, 4x4, sheet wood. Stuff like this, not so much for zombie protection(but can be), but from those dam humans always trying to steal your good stuff. Or something as simple as having screws instead of nails would increase your plank resilience against zed thumps, and hammers alike. Mind you i get that the axe can easily destory these things, and should, but this is about hammers. I just feel they shouldent be nearly as easy to break in a place with a hammer.