RELEASED: Build 31

RobertJohnson

[NEW STUFF]

• Keys:
    • You'll now spawn with a key ring and key of your house.
    • You can find additional keys inside containers and zombies who spawned in this house.
    • If you destroy a door corresponding to a a key you have, take the door knob and rebuild a door with it, you have the key! Perfect for your safe house!
    • You can mouse over a key to highlight surrounding doors that correspond to this key
  • Padlocks, 2 types:
    • "Mechanical", need a key, can be put on hand made wooden crates
    • Combinaison, you setup a 3 numbers code for your padlock.
  • [MP] Added a /noclip command for admins, if you set it to true, the players won't collide on anything
  • [MP]Added a NoFireSpread server option, if true, fire won't spread (but still trigger)
  • [MP]Added a AnnounceDeath server option, if true it'll show a message of who killed who, or who's dead (like [PVP] RJ killed Lemmy. or [PVP] Meabe is dead.)
  • [MP] Admin now able to add xp and teleport to a player.
  • [MP] Added a DropOffWhiteListAfterDeath server options, if true when a player die, he's removed from the whitelist.
  • [MP] Added ConstructionPreventsLootRespawn server option.
  • Player will now revive as a zombie after being infected and dead. Follow your character becoming part of a new horde and slaughter other poor players! (or being killed... Again.. Urg.)
  • You're now able to clean blood, you'll need bleach and a dish towel or a bath towel
  • You now have an option to craft all the stacks of something (having 7 logs? Right click, "Saw Logs" -> "All" :) )
  • Splatter blood in a radial pattern when stomping a zombie.  Might change it back to directional, blood tended to fly for 100 feet though.
  • Added a key binding (default F8) to hide/show the ping (top left corner)
  • Hunger/Thirst reduction from base item now applied to evolved recipe (so if you used 25 hunger reduction to make your pie/cake, you'll have have this as a base when making your cake)
  • Added Melee command (Spacebar or left trigger) to shove/stomp.
  • [MP] Server "-adminpassword XYZ" command-line option bypasses the enter-a-password prompt when creating a server. (Issue #001481)
  • Added translation support for challenges.  Made it easier to add challenges via mods. (Issue #001483)
  • Added "Rack Firearm" keybind, X by default.  Only for Hardcore reloading.  It used to be spacebar, but Melee uses spacebar now. (Issue #001494)
  • [MP] Added MinutesPerPage server option.  This is the number of gameworld minutes it takes to read one page.  The default is 1.0.
  • The user can choose starting clothing and colors when creating a new character.
  • You now have an option to craft all the stacks of something (having 7 logs? Righht click, "Saw Logs" -> "All" :))
  • Added a key binding (default F8) to hide/show the ping (top left corner)
  • Hunger/Thirst reduction from base item now applied to evolved recipe (so if you used 25 hunger reduction to make your pie/cake, you'll have have this as a base when making your cake.. Make sense? I'm not even sure what I'm saying, duh.)
  • Recipes can use "OnGiveXP:MyLuaFunction" to award XP when a recipe is used.  MyLuaFunction should take 4 arguments.  See the top of media/lua/server/recipecode.lua for an example.
  • Mods can add their own media/lua/shared/Translate/ files.
  • Fixed shoving zombies through closed windows. (Issue #001403)
  • Add some translations.  The translationProblems.txt file (which is created when using the -debugtranslation option) now lists all missing translations in a form you can copy/paste into your translation files.  It also reports different numbers of % substitutions.
  • Added new 16 foods item
  • Added Frog in foraging
  • Added tainted water:
    • You can now gather water from the river but it'll be tainted.
    • Same for rain collector barrel water.
    • Tainted water can still be drink but cause some food poisonning.
    • Boil it (only in pot or bowl) to remove the tainted
  • New Traits/Professions/Last Stand/Level system: Explained by the one and true Lemmy:
  • You have now 10 levels instead of 5, the level 10 correspond to the level 5.
  • Professions
    Professions now often give skill points, and these tie in directly to the learning speed in those skills as well as the starting skill level. This is to further diversity character creation and make the professions feel like an actual previous experience exists instead of starting characters as blank slate.

Also professions are not all necessarily free, so there is the potential for some more powerful start professions to require negative traits to balance. Unemployed gives 8 points to start. This is very important for reasons that will be clear when we talk about the new traits.

So you may pick the Carpenter profession, and right out of the bat this gives you 3 points in carpentry. This not only means starting on level 3, but the carpenter will gain a 50% boost to XP in that skill.

The scaling goes as follows, based on the starting skill level:

0) 0.25x speed (eek)
    1) 1x speed
    2) 1.25x speed
    3) 1.5x speed
    4) 1.5x speed
    5) -

This multiplier is permanent for the entire game. Even when you get to level 1 in a 0 level skill, you retain the x4 time to learn it.

The idea being that now, a carpenter with skills ONLY in carpentry may advance in carpentry at a fast speed. Their hopes of becoming an expert farmer any time soon are remote. So this further diversifies characters to provide much more varied runs in single player, and provides more potential for teamwork and specific roles in MP and ultimately NPCs. However a carpenter being doomed to ONLY ever be able to learn carpentry quickly is going to be in trouble, so enter:
  • Trait Revamp
    A few big changes to traits

1) Currently non relevant traits have been removed until NPCs go in. Light Drinker and all the other cheesable traits.
    2) We've added a ton more. Some need better names and others may be OP/UP and may need nerfing or point values changing.
    3) To counter the fact that a profession may only allow leveling up a single skill. Specifically, a range of traits now act as hobbies. Say you pick 'Gardener' trait that says the character enjoyed gardening in their pre-apocalypse life. This will give a single point in farming, for example, and while this doesn't seem like a huge deal in itself, since its a character creation skill point, it DOES mean that they are now learning farming at a 1x speed rate instead of just 1/4th speed. This makes farming a viable skill to train up during a run. Think Morrowind minor / major skills. So now the player is encouraged to pick a few hobbies or other traits that round out their character with skills they intend to use, and now with little in the way of exploits with negative traits they will have to build some bigger disadvantages into their character to compensate. This is why unemployed gets extra points to start. They have the time to invest in hobbies, and need them to have any skills they can train at a decent speed at all.

I haven't done the descriptions for the professions / traits yet (want to run them through Will) or any UI elements to convey the starting skills or training speeds etc, but here is a list of professions and traits:
  • New professions list
    Unemployed
    Fire Officer (3 blade, axeman)
    Police Officer (3 aim, 2 reload, 1 nimble)
    Park Ranger (2 trap, 2 forage, 1 carpentry)
    Construction Worker (3 blunt, 1 carpentry)
    Security Guard (night owl, 2 sprinting, 1 lightfoot)
    Carpenter (3 carpentry)
    Burglar (2 nimble, 2 sneak, 2 lightfoot)
    Chef (3 cooking, 1 blade maint, 1 blade)
    Repairman (1 carpentry, 2 blade maint, 2 blunt maint)
    Farmer (3 farming)
    Fisherman (3 fish, 1 forage)
    Doctor (3 doctor)
    Veteran (desensitized, 2 aiming, 2 reload)
  • Traits
    Not going to list them all, just the ones that may not be completely obvious.

Adrenaline Junkie - Can run faster when in top level of panic
    Inconspicuous - Just naturally better at not standing out.
    Packmule - Raises amount that can be fit into bags.
    Disorganized - Lowers amount that can be fit into bags.
    Self Defense Class - 1 blade guard, 1 blunt guard
    First Aid (1 doctor - should be unselectable with doctor prof really. same with a few others)
    Fishing (hobbie - 1 fishing, should be excluded for fisherman)
    Gardener (1 farming, should be excluded for farmer)
    Jogger (1 sprinting, better endurance)
    Illiterate (can't read skill books at all)
    Dexterous (Faster loot speed. should impact other things too in future)
    All Thumbs (opposite of Dexterous)
    Pacifist (slower at learning combat skills)
    Brawler (1 blade, 1 blunt. Don't like this name, but basically someone who gets in fights regularly)
    Plays Baseball (faster swing with baseball bat)
    Hiker (1 forage, 1 trapping)
    Hunter (1 aiming, 1 trapping, 1 sneak)
    Gymnast (1 lightfooted, 1 nimble)
    Insomnia (fatigue recharge when asleep very very low. Will likely wake up tired)
  • Challenges
    Also in this version is a modified version of Last Stand menu that allows for challenges using the last stand challenge system but playing in survival game mode. I discussed this in an earlier thread that it's important to make this feel a more complete game, a way of unlocking additional challenges, a feeling of progression, and also providing some goals for players that may have none. Now the framework is there, so if RJ , EasyP, Turbo want to add any challenges, or for that matter everyone on here with some lua skillz chance to contribute. Want a fun challenge to be in the game? Make something and put it on this forum, and get it past the community and us and its in there.

Also there may be another challenge in there called 'A Really CD DA' which may be fun! :P
  • More stuff will be added as we confirm/finish test

[bALANCE]

• Reduced a lot the dmg of fire on zombies
  • Zombies should less group when they follow you.
  • Reduce the damage done by panic in melee
  • Reduce the knockdown chance with panic

[bUG FIX]

• Fixed infinite loop when building a second Lamp-on-pillar. (Issue #000417)
  • Fixed infinite loop when building a second Lamp-on-pillar. (Issue #000417)
  • Show Unhappiness change in Literature tooltip. (Issue #001342)
  • Transfer weapon upgrades from Shotgun when creating ShotgunSawnoff.
  • Allow adding/removing weapon upgrades on broken weapons.
  • Prevent zombies spawning behind stairs or in pillars.
  • Right Shift works same as left Shift to select multiple items in the inventory view.
  • Fixed ServerLOS thread not waking up after rejoining a server. (Issue #001326)
  • Stop all sound effects before exiting to the main menu. (Issue #001322)
  • Fixed OnCharacterCreateStats Lua event getting called when loading player corpses.
  • Do the "smooth scrolling" listbox-thing with the controller.
  • Replace existing parts of zones when adding new zones (to support custom maps better).
  • Fixed some controller issues in the main menu.
  • Forbid certain types of items being used as campfire fuel by setting tcampingFuelType to -1.
  • Remove reanimated-player zombies when doing a server soft reset.
  • Fixed LosUtil.lineClearCached() oscillating between visible/not-visible.
  • Skillbook now train 2 levels of skills (so still 5 books).
  • Can't play with curtains from the outside.
  • Display name of food items that have no hunger reduction (canned food, cigarettes, etc).
  • Draw progress bar in Health window when bandaging a deep wound.
  • Added a background under moodle tooltips to make the text readable on snow days. (Issue #001451)
  • Fixed the Pause key (F2 by default) unpausing the game in the main menu. (Issue #001447)
  • Wrap long server descriptions in the server browser.
  • Fixed long text being drawn outside text entry controls.
  • Fixed player-death related NullPointerException when joining a server. (Issue #001463)
  • Fixed a multiplayer multithreading bug. (Issue #001465)
  • Fixed some wounds bleeding when the health panel reported they weren't.
  • Fixed losing XP when the trait multiplier was < 1.0 for a partially-read book.
  • Fixed thump sounds playing when zombies were on fire in multiplayer. (Issue #001467)
  • Fixed other players displaying the wrong equipped weapon in multiplayer sometimes. (Issue #001471)
  • Fixed all items in a stack being unequipped when only the first was equipped. (Issue #001474)
  • Fixed table lamps turning back on after loading. (Issue #001473)
  • Fixed "You survived for" time being 0 minutes 0 seconds when player survived less than 1 hour.
  • Sleep dialog appears after walking to a bed/seat, goes away if player moves. (Issue #001420)
  • Drink Milk, don't Eat it. (Issue #001476)
  • Fixed being given Aiming XP for all potential targets instead of only the few that a weapon could hit.
  • Fixed zombie gibs causing tree-rustling sounds.
  • Fixed typo with has-a-cold moodle. (Issue #001482)
  • Fixed map-corruption bug (base overwritten by another part of the map). (Issue #001318)
  • Fixed fire-sprite syncing on burning characters in multiplayer. (Issue #001429)
  • Move items to main inventory before drinking or transferring water from them. (Issue #001427)
  • Fixed endurance loss from shooting guns. (Issue #001415)
  • Fixed toggle-safety action being interrupted by attacking. (Issue #001433)
  • Fixed reanimated player inventory syncing in multiplayer. (Issue #001418)
  • Fixed /addxp server command. (Issue #001416)
  • Fixed "panic" sound playing for reanimated players.
  • Fixed reanimated player walk animation being broken 1 time in 40 (caused gliding zombies).
  • Fixed map objects.lua files being loaded in reverse order.
  • Fixed graphical glitch in "Major skills" list (bars overlapped the text).
  • Fixed Strength/Fitness not decreasing due to laziness.
  • Fixed crazy-high XP Multiplier sandbox option causing infinite loop and sound spamming.
  • Fixed Disorganized trait breaking inventory management. (Issue #001374)
  • Fixed uncooked/rotten/alcoholic foods having no effect sometimes. (Issue #001408)

[Translation]

• Updated the translations! (FR, DE, NL, RU, ES.... Everyone who posted in the official translation thread, thanks again guys, you're all a piece of heaven in awesome land)

Any news or sneak peak on the upcoming vehicle release? =]

I have some few questions: what kind of damage will I sustain if let say I plow my vehicle into zombies? How many large hiking bag can the truck and backseats able to hold? and finally should I stock up on gas?

cheers

Any news or sneak peak on the upcoming vehicle release? =]

I have some few questions: what kind of damage will I sustain if let say I plow my vehicle into zombies? How many large hiking bag can the truck and backseats able to hold? and finally should I stock up on gas?

cheers

There's no mention of vehicles, so the answer is inevitably "no."

Does this make it so police officer is no longer required core? Or do they still get their extra firearm bonuses?

What I mean is do these professions still have extra passives?

IE Hardened Skin gives you zombie bite protection aswell as extra construction stats.

Does this make it so police officer is no longer required core? Or do they still get their extra firearm bonuses?

What I mean is do these professions still have extra passives?

IE Hardened Skin gives you zombie bite protection aswell as extra construction stats.

Tough skin is now a general trait, not Construction Worker specific. Only professions that would be UP with just skills, or ones that are a bit more quirky or specific will have their own unique traits. The skills themselves are a big game changer in themselves and more often than not having more options for trait selection is better than restricting traits to professions when it comes to versatility of character creation.

• Player will now revive as a zombie after being infected and dead. Follow your character becoming part of a new horde and slaughter other poor players! (or being killed... Again.. Urg.)

Will our former zombie selfs carry our loot? That would be a fun and incentive way to want to go back and hunt for them. I think I read somewhere they drop the items held in the hands to the ground, but if they have our inventory on them then that would be nice.

Also, I know its not listed, but I think its a fair question to ask with the overhaul. Will we now be able to see the hidden skills Fitness and Strength?

One thing I'm confused about "10 levels instead of 5" and the new profession changes:

Does this mean, for example, that a Farmer starts at level 3 in farming but can go up 7 more levels to level 10? Or does the three mean starting with level 6 in Farming?

Will there now be ten different Skill Books for each designated skill? Or will bonuses apply to two levels each?

Will our former zombie selfs carry our loot? That would be a fun and incentive way to want to go back and hunt for them. I think I read somewhere they drop the items held in the hands to the ground, but if they have our inventory on them then that would be nice.

If this happens I may start lurking into MP servers, gathering a questionable inventory and then succumbing to zombie infection, just to leave weird zombie loot around there :P

Wasn't this supposed to be the stealth update? Will that still be included with the build?

afaik the 'stealth update' is a WIP and was only mentioned in mondoid of past to show the progression of that feature. Not everything in a mondoid is 'in the next update' ;)

From what I remember being told it was the next thing after medical update and I heard it was nearing completion, so I would just like to find out what the word is. Considering atm the pvp in this game is just pistol speed duels and adding the ability to *Take cover* behind things like sandbags would be a welcomed skill addition in gun fights which are pretty sloppy. I'd just like to know what the status is.

From what I remember being told it was the next thing after medical update and I heard it was nearing completion, so I would just like to find out what the word is. Considering atm the pvp in this game is just pistol speed duels and adding the ability to *Take cover* behind things like sandbags would be a welcomed skill addition in gun fights which are pretty sloppy. I'd just like to know what the status is.

When it's ready.

That's always the word. Also known as "Soon."

• [MP] Added a DropOffWhiteListAfterDeath server options, if true when a player die, he's removed from the whitelist.

Will this mean they get kicked off the server immediately? This would be perfect for a Hunger Games themed server I was going to do.