Change Server Settings Mid Game?

Ruz456

Hello All,

I just have a quick question maybe someone can answer, and if it has been already answered if you can point me to the right thread? My buddy and I we started a multiplayer server and was wondering if its possible to change those settings mid game? Origionally we had zombie respawn set every week with a normal amount but its gotten a little easy now that we have established ourselves and was wondering if theres a way to up the count without losing map progress? Thanks a lot guys!

Exactly the same question I am going to post... then I see your thread here...

I have more friends who are going to join my server so I want to increase the zombie amount.

Will the change take place if I change the setting in servertest_SandboxVars.lua and restart the server?

But if the water in the server already cut off, and I change the number of cutting water date in the file to higher (more the number of the played days in the server)

Will the water come back on?

Appreciate any comment.

But if the water in the server already cut off, and I change the number of cutting water date in the file to higher (more the number of the played days in the server)

Will the water come back on?

Appreciate any comment.

As far as I know, no.

Changing the SandBox Vars will require a server restart, but changing the server config does not require a server restart. Rather it would require an admin to execute the /reloadoptions command in chat.

As far as I've been able to tell, all it takes to make the SandboxVars changes take effects is a server restart. I've changed a bunch of settings around on my server since it started, mainly for the same reasons, and they've worked without an issue. Haven't tried the water thing, though, cause I put the water and electricity shut off pretty far out there. But everything else seems to work fine.