Rotten Food as Bait

Houski

So, right now, you can only use fresh food to bait traps - I think that might not necessarily be true. Perhaps this is a balancing decision, but I think a rat would be just as interested in rotten cheese as fresh - similarly a bird will go after moldy bread as frequently as fresh bread.

This would be a useful way, before you level your cooking skill up (which takes a lot of grinding) to make use of SOME of the rotten food scattered around in the game.

In my opinion, as you said, this could be just a balance decission. I haven't really played that much around traps, but there is way too much food in the PZ world that is subject to rott. This change could make trapping a bit too easy. 

In my opinion, as you said, this could be just a balance decission. I haven't really played that much around traps, but there is way too much food in the PZ world that is subject to rott. This change could make trapping a bit too easy. 

It can be counter balance like Houski said by having a high cooking skill. Speaking of balance from a critter perspective, would you starve yourself or eat anything you find in the open where its partially cover with a cute looking small box with a stick holding it upward?