Hardest Game Ever...

josef733

In your opinion, what is the hardest game your ever played in your life?

If you don't have a hardest game, than what controller-throwing game was significant to you?

The hardest game for me is Midnight Club 2, playing that with a keyboard was a nightmare as precision steering was absent and it made it really hard not to crash. The tracks and opponents were brutal as well but when you finally beat on of them to receive car, there was massive satisfaction towards it.

So tell me, which game for you was hardest? 

Its impossible.

But back in the days i really tried to practice and managed to run a several hundred meters. Its like as hard as learning to play a new instrument.

Hardest Game

Talking about survival games, i would say "the long dark". This is really unforgiving.

I died so many times first. In the early versions it was impossible to find enough firewood and food, so i found my self desperate eaten alife by the extreme cold environment. I just love this game.

Roguelikes anybody? I'll use Pixel Dungeon as an example because I tend to play it a ton while bored on a bus. Permadeath, success based almost purely on luck, it really does not get any harder than that.

Other than that, NES Contra, that fking game haunts me since my childhood.

Toribash (Hardest fighting game ever?) - Pro players (Quite violent btw) :P

Toribash indeed ! The learning curve of this game is scary. It takes several months to actually stop being a noob, I've been playing for years, pr0 wushu master-race 1337 stuff spins.

Here's an old (like 2 years) video of my lovely toribash family :

, I'm the dude making the high bar routine near 4min, Also I've a cool-ish spar at the end. Old stuff tho ^^

Great hard game indeed.

Also, Teleglitch is pretty hard.

For me, any stealth game.

Also, obligatory Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls II mention.

Kerbal Space Program is pretty hard too. 200 hours play time and I still mess up a good proportion oof my missions.

I still have a hard time building a ship design capable of going into orbit by itself, much less with everything I need to do anything awesome like moon landings or space stations.

Learning all the ins and outs of Dwarf Fortress was hard but rewarding.

Personally I think Karate Kid on the NES was the hardest game I ever played. Its rubbish and I don't recommend it to anyone except your enemies as the game was just so badly made as to make it practically impossible.

I still have a hard time building a ship design capable of going into orbit by itself, much less with everything I need to do anything awesome like moon landings or space stations.

*shameless plug*

Then you should watch myself and Dr Gonzo's stellar YouTube series, Geordie Space Program, which will give you a good grounding of how (not) to do things in KSP.

Contra (sold in Germany as Probotector because there were robots instead of humans) on the NES.

Castlevania 1 and 3 were also hard stuff (hated the Frankenstein Monster and Death). I beat the first Castlevania only one time in my life.

TMNT (the first one not the second in beat 'n' up style)

Zelda II: The adventure of Link

Kid Icarus (Grandfather of Doodle Jump)

At the SNES Contra: Alien Wars (Germany = Super Probotector ^^) I only beat the normal difficulty with the life cheat (up, up, down, down,..).

After that most games on newer systems went easier. NES/ Master System games were frustrating :)

Hotline miami. Game that makes you hate russian gangsters.

also hotline miami was one of the hardest games i played last time.

Was about to post this, as I just got my final achievement in that game yesterday. Absolutely unforgiving to get A+ on every single level, as you either go balls to the wall crazy with 1 super combo, or spend 15 minutes trying to execute everyone with the drill, just to realize that you wasted that time to get an A- and no achievement.

Does it count if it was bugged and never patched?

I had an obscure RPG I played once, couldn't make it pass the boss fight and apparently it turned out that he was glitched and couldn't be killed (a cutscene was supposed to trigger and did not) so effectively making it impossible.

I tried many times though. Cannot remember the name of the game if anybody has an idea as to what it was lemme know it wasn't bad outside of that issue.

Any racing game with rubber band ai makes me freak out every time. the moment, when you drove flawless instead of the last turn, when the ai outdistances you ...

This !

So I get a controller instead of using keyboard to drive and I able to defeat the fastest ai. Just look at the mini map on how fast they able to catch up

The hardest game I ever played was probably Super Mario Brothers on the originel NES. Either that or Legend of Zelda on the same console.

Why? Because I was about 6-8 years old and no fucking clue what I was doing. To this day, I never finished either one :-(

The most infuriating game, though, was sure F-Zero. I was able to let the other cars take a headstart of one round and still get in first, but oh boy, if you tried driving ahead of THEM. I could see them teleporting back to about 2 meters behind me on the minimap and it just got me SO FSCKING MAD!

Hmmhm

Battletoads.

Really, that game is impossible.

Nowadays, I would say Dark Souls with NG++.

The hardest game I ever played was probably Super Mario Brothers on the originel NES. Either that or Legend of Zelda on the same console.

Why? Because I was about 6-8 years old and no fucking clue what I was doing. To this day, I never finished either one :-(

The most infuriating game, though, was sure F-Zero. I was able to let the other cars take a headstart of one round and still get in first, but oh boy, if you tried driving ahead of THEM. I could see them teleporting back to about 2 meters behind me on the minimap and it just got me SO FSCKING MAD!

Contra (sold in Germany as Probotector because there were robots instead of humans) on the NES.

Castlevania 1 and 3 were also hard stuff (hated the Frankenstein Monster and Death). I beat the first Castlevania only one time in my life.

At the SNES Contra: Alien Wars (Germany = Super Probotector ^^) I only beat the normal difficulty with the life cheat (up, up, down, down,..).

After that most games on newer systems went easier. NES/ Master System games were frustrating :)

Ever since I got my new controller in the mail, I've been messing about with emulators. I'm half-tempted to set up a NES/SNES emulator and try out some of these legendary tough oldschool games. If anybody is interested, I could record them too :P

(EDIT: also I don't use save states, it would be a clean run)

Hmmhm

Battletoads.

Really, that game is impossible.

Nowadays, I would say Dark Souls with NG++.

Ever since I got my new controller in the mail, I've been messing about with emulators. I'm half-tempted to set up a NES/SNES emulator and try out some of these legendary tough oldschool games. If anybody is interested, I could record them too :P

(EDIT: also I don't use save states, it would be a clean run)

TRY BATTLETOADS, I DARE YOU! 

Srsly, I raged HARD at it COUNTLESS times! I'm gonna try it someday again xD To bring the old rages back

Archived