Huge suggestion pack #1 - dev's read please!

Wasteland

Hello everybody, but mostly developers, i really hope you will hear me!

I'll introduce myself shortly, because it might be important to show that all i gonna write is a matter of experience and not just fantasy or some kind of "because i want so!"

I introduce a slavic-speaking roleplayers community. I use to have in different times from 3 to 6 game servers like gmod, life is feudal, fonline, and some other games, but Project Zomboid is honestly my favorite and thats the only server i use to play myself from the very beginning.

As i told, we use to do a roleplay servers, and thats not something like "rp as much as u want", no! Every player starts on our forum by writing a character background, describing his fate, history, habits and so on, and only IF the background is accepted we add the char to the whitelist.

Also we use to play permadeath - once dead - forever dead - go, write new background. We got more then 50 different rules, a player should accept before start playing. We like it hardcore. Myself use to act as a gamemaster, so often i use to organize some game events, use to act as NPC myself, use to create some out of the game mechanics game situations etc.

I'm telling about that only because i'd like to suggest some things that might make the game much better as it is now. I'm pretty sure you guys know what to do, and all that locks-errostion-health stuff is just awsome and also hard to make, but i belive there are already partly done things or really easy to make, that could influence on the gameprocess well.

So, let me start:

Administration:

- Drop off the whitlist after death - most of the servers that do want permadeath are closed and whitelisted, so why not to add a simple option to admin setup settings:

Drop-off the whitelist after death - true/false

- Player2me / Me2player - i belive all administrators liek to watch what are the players doing and where they are. If u are acting as a GameMaster thats a tottaly important thing to cratge game situations. Anyweay, even if the player is just stucked in textures ha starts screaming and u got ot ask him to pass u coords or a plce on PZ-map, run there, set him free...

Solution: in players menu where admin can give godmode, invisibility and kick/ban - add somthing like teleport to player, or teleport player to me, actually both is needed.

- Edit players stats - sometimes its really needed to omprove or decrease someones stats, or while testing something (mods) try on different skill levels.

- this was already done in this beautiful mod, that i belive shuld me implemented as a vanilla part of the game - AdminToolsV2 - hope it will be supported again by its author.

- Edit players moodlets - not really nececcary but still wold be awsome to be able to put some moodlets on players.

Impression:

What is great about PZ - it looks like an golden-age RPG - ultimate, fallout, planescape, arcanum these are my favourite games and Zomboid might be among them but in needs only one detail.

the graphical part in all those game is not as impressive as in some other games, really u can get very few details by looking around.

Thats why all mentioned above games had this "chat-box" where u could read some objects-characters and world descriptions. It added a lot of atmosphere and made a lot ot things unique.

Now we got, several same looking characters and even if they will be dressed different they still will be the same. Adding a character description and the ability just to get some descriptions by watching on the outside world might be a fantastic addition.

Also, there might be another feature with hiding character names. This feature is already implemented. Why not to make it possible players to memorize other players by right mouse button and setting up some tag.

It's like this - i see some random guy, there's no name above him. I memorize him as a "bald dude", later he tells me that his name is John Wayne, so i change the memo on "J. Wayne".

Disabling the players list might be also a handy option.

This might add a lot of fun in players interaction, especially on those servers where people do roleplay.

Architecture:

Really short in here.

There should be some material in the world, stronger than a man with a sledge. That's really strange, when a person with that thing can break just everything around.

P.S. Sorry english is not native language. Possible mistakes

Also, there might be another feature with hiding character names. This feature is already implemented. Why not to make it possible players to memorize other players by right mouse button and setting up some tag.

It's like this - i see some random guy, there's no name above him. I memorize him as a "bald dude", later he tells me that his name is John Wayne, so i change the memo on "J. Wayne".
Disabling the players list might be also a handy option.
This might add a lot of fun in players interaction, especially on those servers where people do roleplay.

I think all of the ideas posted are great ideas! But, I especially like this one!

I do not usually act as an admin, but as a MP player, I would love this feature! Such a great idea and would blend awesomely for RP and immersion.

I'm pretty sure you can disable player names somehow, the server I was on before didn't have player names displayed.

The OP mentioned that the feature to disable the names is already implemented, but he wanted to take it one step further by being able to take mental notes and 'memorize' features or comments about a character.

I would be cool if in the future we could restyle our hair (we have scissors!) or grow a beard and that it would reset the notes we have about a character because their physical appearance is different.