High Risk combat

The Dragonfruit

Maybe this is against what project zomboid is about but aren't the zombies a bit too strong? I mean, some can take 10-20 hits with a crowbar without event falling down- I think zombies should succumb with 1-5 well place blows, but have a higher chance to injure you if you mess up.

Also, when sneaking up behind a zombie, one strike to the head should be fatal (well, fatal enough to kill them again).

What?! I always think zombies in this game are not tough enough even when I set the toughness in zombie lore as high (tough).

Maybe it's because I focus on multiplayer and when I have 2 companions, these tough zombies are pieces of cake.

However, even with super-zombie settings, I don't often see when a zombie can absorb 10-20 crowbat hit.

It sounds strange to me.

Are you playing with proper zombies??

Maybe this is against what project zomboid is about but aren't the zombies a bit too strong? I mean, some can take 10-20 hits with a crowbar without event falling down- I think zombies should succumb with 1-5 well place blows, but have a higher chance to injure you if you mess up.

Also, when sneaking up behind a zombie, one strike to the head should be fatal (well, fatal enough to kill them again).

Zombies become easier to kill as you level up your skills, and as others have suggested - trying other weapons might be in your best interest. Personally, early in the game I prefer two-handed weapons like Baseball bats because of their knock-back and increased chance to floor a zombie. You need to spread your combat out too - if you're fighting off three or more in quick order, you're going to get fatigued. Fatigue is the bane of a good brawler. Once you learn how to efficiently fight, you'll find that Zed are pretty easy to kill in small numbers.