Local voice chat with a kick

Dv2236

Ok so not just any voip setup is what im thinking, I got this idea as kinda a vision while i was laying in bed trying to go to sleep after playing PZ for the first time using family share on steam due to i dont own it yet :P

Ok so the vision i had was like instead of hitting Q to tount the zomboids i seen someone holding a talk key and sreaming at the zom's irl and u could see like a voice level bar on the side showing how much nose u are making and the zomboids was coming after him :P

So i thought wow a in-game local voip system with like zomboids being able to hear it too would be so epic! I can just picture ppl whispering in game now over voip so zombies dont notice them or someone being that @SS >: )

Ok will that's about all i got so far, this is my first post be gentle. (clyde)

Good idea, but voice must be low quality, or servers gonna explode.

I was a bit worried about that too, but than i thought it will more than likely get option's to enable/disable server side along side with  quality and how many ppl can talk at 1 time maybe, how far dose sound travel so on.

I'm sure it will be sometime before this would be good enough to see the light of day even if they liked it enough to try to start building a prototype.

Sadly i can also see how enabling a system like this on a pz server would maybe take a bit more out of the server, I helped build a server on a 2.1GHz HP laptop with 3GB ram and 32bit OS on a wifi net, and it held 6-8 ppl with almost no lag at all, all tho ping did jump alittle high for 1 person when like 3 ppl was running around exploring at same time from what i understand :P Side note server set only to use 1GB of ram.

So my best guess would be if they had the VoIP system too instead of being able to hold 6-8 ppl with almost no lag it would be 2-4.

Also PZ team GG on having a well balanced server, i was super impressed that with how good that craptop could run the server

What would be even cooler is using a volume system that applies to the visual ray-tracing of the game, where people can only hear you if they are in vicinity, or hear you clearest when next to you AND looking at you. 

Ya that could be really good, most of all for the "hard of hearing" trait! For hearing if you mean when talking the direction your facing matters on how good others hear you than ya EPIC on that too :P

Side note/rant:

A friend of mine was talking about how she wishes their was a "Deaf" trait for the ppl that are full-on non hearing, because just hard of hearing currently gives so little to the way of points and we both kinda feel it should maybe give more or improve eye sight at the cost of some hearing and same kinda idea if you guys do add "Deaf" trait witch would mute all sound in-game VoIP prob be disabled / mute as well.

I will have to tell her to do her own suggestion for this "Deaf" trait and complaints about "hard of hearing" trait.

Edited by Dv2236