Weird possible map corruption issue?

betasword

One of the people on my server pointed out to me that they were having issues with their base today, mainly that the game was loading only the floor layer, and showing nothing else around their house. So I went to check it out, and... Well, yeah. That's the case. However, it's only in the specific vicinity of his base.

For example, this is how it looks like standing right next to it:

Qatqc8h.jpg?1

Out on the street, we get this:

XqGhEq6.jpg?1

Move one space to the south, though, and suddenly...

Jn3RqiL.jpg?1

It seems like it might be a corrupted chunk or something, but I have no idea how to figure out which one or what to do about it. I'd rather not restart the whole server, cause that'd suck for everyone else, but this is a pretty built up base that he's made, and he doesn't want to lose it.

Sooooooo... I'm at a loss. :/

Most likely cause is an error when rendering something on the first floor. Are there any error messages in the console?

Looks like there is. The console starts spitting this out whenever things go all wonky like:

Jan 31, 2015 3:27:52 PM zombie.iso.IsoCell renderSEVERE: nulljava.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 65599, Size: 21	at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck (ArrayList.java:604)	at java.util.ArrayList.get (ArrayList.java:382)	at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.renderBloodForChunks (IsoChunkMap.java:1141)	at zombie.iso.IsoCell.RenderTiles (IsoCell.java:803)	at zombie.iso.IsoCell.render (IsoCell.java:4838)	at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.render (IsoWorld.java:1983)	at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.renderframe (IngameState.java:714)	at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.render (IngameState.java:833)	at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.render (GameStateMachine.java:37)	at zombie.GameWindow.render (GameWindow.java:671)	at zombie.GameWindow.run (GameWindow.java:1158)	at zombie.GameWindow.maina (GameWindow.java:977)	at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main (MainScreenState.java:162)	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0 (Native Method)	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke (Method.java:606)	at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch (Unknown Source)	at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main (Unknown Source)

Just ... That, over and over, super high speed. I also noticed that depending on the size of the game window when I load into the server, I can actually change where it'll blank things out. If the window is smaller, I can actually get a more focused area where things will go weird.

Alas ... I have no idea how I would be able to fix this ...

Edit: Aaaaaand nevermind. I got bored, and went in and tested each chunk file, one by one, until I found the culprit. Pulled it out, and everything works like normal again. Just in case it may or may not help future dev stuff, I've attached said chunk.

Ugh, I hope that never happens again... Cause that was a huge pain to deal with. But at least the map is now once again safe.

map_1091_1012.zip