[ANNOUNCE] Turn Based Zomboid Mod

lemmy101

I hate to break all the excitement and jolly, but how can this system work with this game?  :huh:  Like if I suddenly encounter a bunch of zombies and have to deal with them one by one, wouldn't this be a mess and a chore? I really like Fallout and XCOM classics, i really do but this is not why I'm playing Project Zomboid for.

Well, thank goodness this is only a mod and you're not ruining the core mechanics of the vanilla game. "wipes forehead" :P

I hate to break all the excitement and jolly, but how can this system work with this game?  :huh:  Like if I suddenly encounter a bunch of zombies and have to deal with them one by one, wouldn't this be a mess and a chore? I really like Fallout and XCOM classics, i really do but this is not why I'm playing Project Zomboid for.

Well, thank goodness this is only a mod and you're not ruining the core mechanics of the vanilla game. "wipes forehead" :P

Well the real motivation would be for 2 player vs mode. But yeah it would be like, less zombies, but tougher, probably. And more focus on NPC combat.

Well the real motivation would be for 2 player vs mode. But yeah it would be like, less zombies, but tougher, probably. And more focus on NPC combat.

This might be interesting for 2 players, but single player...nah!

I don't think "ruining" was the best way to put that.

I know i sounded harsh, but maybe because i love the original game concept so much.

Yeah and this is a personal mod project so frankly you're being a bit nasty coming on and poking holes in it on the pretense of 'oh thank god this SHIT isn't in vanilla'  ;) if you did that to another modder you'd be looking at a potential ban hammer, so cool it. For what it's worth the game that you apparently love was co-designed by myself, so perhaps I know what I'm doing and I've considered these things myself (in fact had the same concerns about Dead State) and have plans to avoid the issue. :P

To be honest I do like some turn based games (dungeon crawl stone soup, civilization series, and many more I want to name but cannot remember at the moment)

So, am positively looking forward to this

I heard you had worked on a Sims 3 mod too with Binkers?

To be honest I do like some turn based games (dungeon crawl stone soup, civilization series, and many more I want to name but cannot remember at the moment)

So, am positively looking forward to this

I heard you had worked on a Sims 3 mod too with Binkers?

yeppers. Really, that's the genesis of the meta-game.

Yeah and this is a personal mod project so frankly you're being a bit nasty coming on and poking holes in it on the pretense of 'oh thank god this SHIT isn't in vanilla'  ;) if you did that to another modder you'd be looking at a potential ban hammer, so cool it. For what it's worth the game that you apparently love was co-designed by myself, so perhaps I know what I'm doing and I've considered these things myself (in fact had the same concerns about Dead State) and have plans to avoid the issue. :P

Dead State? I thought this game was cancelled! ..."searching Google"...oh well I need to kill the one who told me it was anyway.

December it is, to witness a turn-based zombie RPG at first hand.

*sigh*

You'll need to bring back the taunts from the old fallout games - E.g.: "Crap ... that's the second time today" (NPC getting shot in the groin :D)

Much like you're supposed to do in the normal game, rather than take out every zombie, you run.

We could also look at wide-area attacks and defenses, if you'd really like to, Lemmy.

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Lemmy leveled up from 'Legend' to 'Total Fucking Legend'.

I'd totally missed reading this and stumbled across the thread today and just... wow. Turn-based Zomboid? Yes please!

Will we be able to see things like "Zombie was hit by a targeted shot to the groin for 978 damage. Ouch."? :D

Plus, I smiled to see someone other than me has played Laser Squad.

• 1 month later...