Economy Mod

LeonSKennedyBL

Well, at least for RP servers, there should be a proper mod for it instead of having to wing it.

What do you mean? US dollars aren't going to be exactly valuable in a zombie apocalypse. And if you're afraid that other players will run away with your stuff once you drop it on the ground to exchange it, that is exactly the reason why you should always be armed when interacting with other players in multiplayer, and it's far more realistic than a tradebox.

I agree with Rass, but I think a tradebox might end up aiding NPC interactions. I think it would be easier on the AI. It would also be a "cleaner" and more user friendly interface if you could move things in and out while negotiating.

Idea: Make a table be required to use the "Tradebox" interface. Players would right-click on a table to open the tradebox. Players would drag and drop items being traded on the other's side of the table. If both players agree to finalize a trade, the stuff auto moves from their table to their inventory.

If either player cancels a "Tradebox" during a trade, any items in the "Tradebox" would drop to the table. This would allow theft. Canceling could also broadcast an overhead comment/emote like "Rass Canceled the Trade" so witnesses would be able to know who was the dirty dealer.

It would also make tables a useful and convenient item to craft. Without a table, players would need to use the "drop on ground" method.

This could also be a way to trade with npc's...

Make it into a Barter System though as you are not guaranteed to get the definite worth for an item.

Say an group of npc's set up a trade depot to trade for goods.

They have wants/needs. They might really want that chocolate bar but they really need is medical supplies.

In this case 5 nails might be equal to 1 bandage.

To the npc's the chocolate bar might get you 20 nails base on your traits and how you went about doing the trade.

What if you offered them the candybar for 10% more nails at the end of the trade and you had traded for 300 nails that would get you 30 nails instead of 20.

Stuff like that would be a really cool feature.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The latest iteration of the Hydrocraft mod has currency, including all coin and bill variations. I think that is the closest to an actual economy that we have right now.

(I may be slightly biased because I've done most of the art for Hydrocraft) :)