Zombie Corpses Decomposing

Gustav

Meh, Zombies as fertilizer material is a quick way to cheapen the undead.

Prefer the idea of Max brooks that zombie flesh is poisonous and even bacteria can't grow on them, so no decomposition

Well... zombies do decompose over time (at least in default survival, grow weaker etc.) but I generally agree that using them as fertilizer is a bad idea, let's just say that virus or whatever does not die when a zombie dies but just stays dormant so fertilizing with it might have a chance to cause plants to have some virus on them.

Zombies should be a threat first and then a dead, smelly, rotting annoyance that you just want out of your backyard because it ruins the view from your window. Making them into a resource just feels wrong to me.

As per original idea, I too hope they will decompose over time (4-6 months customizable in sandbox) to leave a few bones adding further to erosion, I don't want them to disappear completely (and bones could be easily picked up and tossed away from one's eyesight if they want a clean enviroment)

And the blood... I need to clean that blood off of my living room floor or I'm going to go nuts, it messes with my feng shui too much.

• 3 months later...

Necromancing this thread with some ideas

I would love it if corpses would slowly decompose (and go away).

But, decomposing corpses probably also have their own problems.

• First of all, the smell. The stench of decomposing bodies is widely regarded as one of the worst smells ever. I'm sure that would affect anybodies mood⸺ and constitution. I can imagine that decomposing corpses would cause a player to have nausea.  Going near them without a face mask and gloves could probably even make you sick.
  • Decomposing bodies attracts pests-- Flies, maggots, rats, etc. There could be a fly buzzing sound effect and animation near corpses that are rotting to indicate this. I'd probably want to keep my food supplies away from it.
  • Eventually there'll be nothing left but bones.  Bones I can pile up and put somewhere else. Maybe I could even take the skulls and line my fences with them... because why not?  It's the apocalypse.

you can`t fertilize your plants with rotten meat!!! It attracts flies, fungus, diseases, etc. also the smell is so gross i think nobody could stand it. You can use meat to make compost but it takes meat a very very long time to decompose. I wouldn`t use it since we have healthier ways to do the same job :D

You dont need to wait for the zeds body to decompose. You just need to butcher then in very small parts, lay then off in the fields so that it cover a very large area and burn then to give the soil nitrogen. This is one form of fertilizing soil.

Another is to burn the bodies until the bones cacinate (they first turn black and after that turn back white and fragile), grind the bones and then lay this bone "powder" in the land. The more fine the powder after grinding the better

I just want them gone.

Maybe we need some crazy combos like these:

Fertilizer/Pesticide tanks + Gas pumps [from gas stations] + Lighter = Long-range flamethrowers

Gas + Squirt guns + Wire + Lighters = Mid-range flamethrowers

Spray cans + Lighters = Short-range flamethrowers

Burn 'em to the ground!!!

Just kiddin', these things are too OP.