I think maybe this got a bit two serious.

Two things come to mind.

1) When you see someone jump through glass in a movie it is always a substance called "sugar glass" which doesn't turn into scalpel-sharp blades during the process. Don't try at home, unless you really want an ER visit. I have a huge scar on my hand from a pint glass exploding while I was hand-washing some dishes. Ten stitches and I didn't even put pressure onto the broken piece - just sliced like a projectile when it shattered.

2) I think the point of this post is perhaps akin to the notion of sprinting in the game. It gets you away, but early on it is a good way to get mobbed and killed. I think there are a lot of behaviors that should be included because people WOULD do them and they would likely get themselves killed for the act. This game doesn't have an end-state, it is about simulating the 1001 ways to die in a zombie apocalypse. Your score is the amount of time you survive! Giving the player more options that are STUPID and would likely result in death - things people do when they panic - only deepens that experience and goal. How many times will you jump through a window? Probably only the one time when you end up looking as though you just took a bath in a blender. But, are there cases where it MIGHT BE the best option? Like if the house is on fire and zed is pouring through the only other exit? YES. Then I would jump through a window.

See?  We can agree on something.  Besides, it doesn't REALLY need to be in the game.  I just thought it would be a fun idea.  And the rest of you debating me, REALLY don't need to get all butt hurt just because I have fun ideas.  I'm sorry.

You know where I've never had a zombie bite or scratch me.... my gluteus.  Pain killers should take care of that problem though; that, and stuffing my face with 7-ingredient pots of cooked soup!

regardless of what said activity is ... I love the idea of adding more activities that people WOULD do while panicked ... especially when said things would just get them killed

there are fewer things more entertaining than allowing players to actually do all the stupid things that we think up

the only thing better ... is being the guy that saw it .. not the guy that did it ... lol

regardless of what said activity is ... I love the idea of adding more activities that people WOULD do while panicked ... especially when said things would just get them killed

there are fewer things more entertaining than allowing players to actually do all the stupid things that we think up

the only thing better ... is being the guy that saw it .. not the guy that did it ... lol

TRUTH!  You know what's up.

Since I am generally the one to disgaree with 90% of everything I'll add my input for the hell of it.

I didn't like the window idea, and everyone else went over why.

I like the idea of kicking the door down, though I am convinced only a firefighter in heavy duty boots would be more capable then some guy in tennis shoes.

I was interested in the running idea, made me realize that the way running works right now is a bit weak, Need to have a build up when running and a slow down when stopping.

The fence idea.. Were you being serious about taking down a fence because your friend is to much of a fata$$ during an apocalypse to get over it? Big wooden fences in the ground don't even go down fully when cars run into them sometimes, much less a guy trying to ram into it.

Last and very least (to me) the tripping/clumsy we got a handful of posts in the past that I have commented on and other higher ups about why having a random chance for tripping or anything like that happening is a horrid idea.

The gist is. Taking control away from the player is a nono, not everyone is a Jar Jar Binks.

Since I am generally the one to disgaree with 90% of everything I'll add my input for the hell of it.

I didn't like the window idea, and everyone else went over why.

I like the idea of kicking the door down, though I am convinced only a firefighter in heavy duty boots would be more capable then some guy in tennis shoes.

I was interested in the running idea, made me realize that the way running works right now is a bit weak, Need to have a build up when running and a slow down when stopping.

The fence idea.. Were you being serious about taking down a fence because your friend is to much of a fata$$ during an apocalypse to get over it? Big wooden fences in the ground don't even go down fully when cars run into them sometimes, much less a guy trying to ram into it.

Last and very least (to me) the tripping/clumsy we got a handful of posts in the past that I have commented on and other higher ups about why having a random chance for tripping or anything like that happening is a horrid idea.

The gist is. Taking control away from the player is a nono, not everyone is a Jar Jar Binks.

I love your imput, buddy.  But, I will say, I've kicked through wooden fences before, myself.  And I would be totally willing to bust through a wooden fence to save my fat-ass friend.  But I still love you.