HOw to add mods to a MP server

snake877

• 1 month later...

Both you and a friend should download the mod and install it in the necessary Zomboid -> Mods folder and install it on the servers mod folder as well (if the server is being run from a seperate computer that is) then in the config, there should be a "Mods=" section, if there's no line like that in there, then add "Mods=" plus the name of the mods.

ok so what if we have that file ... and it says what its suppose to say but the mods still dont load up properly? has anyone posted a full guide step by step yet i could reference? that may have any trouble shooting tips and such? 

Guest Styxx42

I tried the Mod1 etc  in the server file 

It doesn't work.

It would be nice if it did but it doesn't

BUT This might be fixed with the latest 31.5 fix they are rolling out.

First and foremost ALWAY ALWAYS BACKUP ANY FILE YOU ARE FIDDLING WITH.

NEVER make more then one mod change at a time.

Then always test each each with a launch and join.

(even then you might find that your one lua file has over written another and you will find the issue later on like I have before in the past)

What I do and it has worked for a long time and even on IWBUMS branch.

Eveyone put the mods in 

Their  PZ\Mods folder

and your USERNAME\ZOMBOID\MODS

And on the server do the same thing boih folders.

Even then some don't work right.

I know to get TommyGuns MOST AMAZING weapons working MP I had to take his whole media\textures and and add it to the PZ media\textures, then I had to take his other folders and put them in to the stock media folder.

But I always look at what I am doing before I cart blanch over write my PZ media folder.

By comparing each Mod folder and the folders within to what I would be over writing or adding to.

It is not an easy answer.

But it works with care and control.

Good luck.

I have about 29 mods up and running on my server currently.

Guest Styxx42

Seems awfully complex :)

A bit off topic but what are your favorite mods Styxx42, and is it hard to get an older mod to work on new versions?

MaxS it is a pain.

But it is worth it.

Hydro Craft,  Dry towels

Flour Craft(not sure if it works currently) Fur Clothing,   Rip Socks,  Tommy Guns(only partially working with IWBUMS) and wooden 

Dowels for now.

I just figured out how to get mods up and running on my small multiplayer server and its like a brand new game. Myself and my couple buddies already loved the game and now it's even freaking better its sooooo awesome. Only figured all this out too cause our old server was having issues so we decided to wipe and thought hey what the hell lets see if we can get some mods added. Next up is getting the different sections of map into the game and oh wwwooooowwww it's going to be soooo much fun. What an amazing game made even better.

• 2 weeks later...

I just figured out how to get mods up and running on my small multiplayer server and its like a brand new game. Myself and my couple buddies already loved the game and now it's even freaking better its sooooo awesome. Only figured all this out too cause our old server was having issues so we decided to wipe and thought hey what the hell lets see if we can get some mods added. Next up is getting the different sections of map into the game and oh wwwooooowwww it's going to be soooo much fun. What an amazing game made even better.

this is what I want to do. Is this relatively simple? I'd like to get it done tonight.