My Mitts

1.  If you are BUTT naked. You shouldn't even be allowed to access your inventory.  Meaning if you have absolutely NOTHING on, and you're indoors, in the darkness (and I'll get into "indoors" and "darkness" later).  But assuming you still have two arms at least.  The very LAST things you could POSSIBLY have left in your hud, is obviously Primary and Secondary. 

Although I guess if you lost an arm it would just be primary by default. 

My Eyes

1.  I feel everything for your hud (that I can think of), just like your inventory menu, should be able to be moved around as much you want. 

2.  Allowed to be resized vertically, horizontally, and diagonally. 

3.  I feel ALL of the things that can be in your hud can ONLY be shown if it is in your character's direct eye sight.

Now bear with me.

Clocks

1.  I love it, but I feel the "default" should not be the digital clock.  To me, always having the digital clock kinda feels like cheating. There for, I lose appreciation for the value of time. 

2.  You only should see the digital clock; which should be a whole seperate icon apart from the "default" mind you, if you're holding and/or wearing, and/or just simply looking at one on the wall, and/or maybe even a big town clock that you can see from farther away, useful if it even works, and if there are any, in the towns we're in of course.

3.  Same goes for analogue clocks as well, obviously meaning you'll have to animate an analogue clock for the hud. 

4.  We should be able to see multiple clocks on the screen too, so as to easily compare them to one another.  Because SOME will be alive, and showing the right time, while most will either be dead, or need to be rewound or reset.  Such as the state of the human population and economy at this point. 

The "Default" of Time

1.  The "default" should be a seperate thing all together.  But I can only call it the "default" because you see it most of the time, you cannot bring it up at will, and it was here first (before clocks). 

2.  Now, the game is isometric, so we obviously won't ever actually be able to see the sky.  But don't worry, I'm not talking about a literal first-person view, that would be way too much.  I'm just talking about a basic-easy to understand-representation.  Only the basic things your character would see, that the player can do with this as far as their character is equipped for.  But obviously, still relying on what the player can ultimately understand. 

The Representation of The "Default"

The Sun.  It should shine really bright sometimes, and other times, not so bright, through out the potential years to come.

The moon.  Maybe you could make a rough idea of how much of the sun is actually reflecting off of the moon at different times of the year.  Or even an eclipse and a blood moon, for flavor.

The Clouds.  Maybe you only wanna show a few clouds.  Or maybe it's so cloudy that you can't even see the sun on this thing, hindering your ability to tell time without a proper clock.

The Transition of The Sky.  My basic example would be like, from black with stars to red to orange to yellow, and then strangely-suddenly to blue or grey depending on the weather, time of year, and the part of the world you're in.  And it goes on like that for like, half of the day, and then back to yellow to orange to red and to black with stars again (and any other colors I missed).  Maybe that could better help to figure out what colors to shade the landscape at different times of the day and year.  I think that would help us better to feel apart of this planet.

A Box.  A box to put it all in.

Directions of The Sun.  On the Left then Right of the box you should put East then West.  That will make a compass more meaningful as well, but we'll get to that later.

Weather.  To allow for better planning through out the day, add some basic weather effects that will be easy to understand.  And people can eventually learn the patterns of these effects.  That way, people know to get indoors ahead of time.  But I'm not talking about an exact forecast, just the basic stuff you would pick up from simply looking into the sky.  For example, if you know the temperature is warm, but the sky is grey, the clouds are packed, and the sun is covered, but you know there's still daylight up there above the clouds.  You can probably guess that it's gonna rain.  All of this in a box of allowed variant sizes. 

Indoors

1.  Now I said you would see this "default" time indicator MOST of the time.  Assuming most of our characters would be outside mostly

2.  So if you're indoors and too far away from any open shade window, the "default" would disappear.  That way, being indoors with the shades closed for long periods of time, can really make you lose track of time if you don't have a proper clock. 

3.  You would lose happiness faster. 

More HUD Items

Maps. They obviously NEED to be in your hands to be looked at.

Compass.  In hands, got a strap?  You can where it.

Step counter.  These are supposed to be worn around the waist, so they always come with a clip, so I guess you could just always wear them. But a step counter makes it easier to learn when your feet are going to get sore as well. Oh yeah, and sore feet. . .  that should be a thing. 

Thermometers.  Thermometers and any other hand-held weather measuring equipment you could think of, you should add into the game. 

GPS.  It should be like a map, a compass, a clock, and maybe even a thermometer all in one.  That, would be a sweet use of batteries.

Books.  You hold books, you SEE the books (on the screen), you read books, you write in books, blah blah bl-blah blah.  I'm not gonna tell you how to use pens or pencils.  I'm sure I'll love whatever you all do.

Player Knowledge

1.  Again, able to be solely reliant on the player's knowledge of how to use these tools.  Some of these items would really help to find distance. And knowing distance related to time can help plan out trips. 

Darkness

1.  When it comes to the darkness, we all know the darkness likes to hide things.  So the darkness should make your hud harder to see.  Unless the tool has a screen that lights up, glows in the dark, or you have a flash light on. I don't know, could be cool.

Some Extra Things

Shade.  Even on sunny, blue sky days, clouds should still be able to block the sun sometimes.  A little shade can be the difference between depleted stamina and death. Especially, for people with asthma, on really hot days. Or making it colder in winter days with blue skies as well.

Trees.  Unless that's truly ALL the trees the state has, there NEEDS to be more trees besides pine trees.  It is a real pain in the fracking arse to push through all of those damn pine trees. Maybe some trees where the bristle or even leaves are actually above your head. And instead of having to push through the bristles all of the time, you could just maneuver around the stocks of some oak trees or something.  Plus, I wanna climb a tree. . .  I wanna climb a tree. . .  I really really REALLY wanna climb a tree (in the game).

If some of the stuff you're already doing is the same as some the stuff I mention, sweet.  But that's all I got for now, I still love this game like it's my first time, every gruesome death I endure, will allow me to enjoy the pleasant death I will earn in due time. I love you all, peace.

P.S. Did I do the right punctuation for "You only should see the digital clock;" in number two about Clocks?

Interessting suggestions here and there.

The darkness in nights is changing with moon cycles already, I think.

Sometimes it's nearly black, sometimes you can run around without problems.

PS: Wooah, wall of text. Some more structure (paragraphs) would help a lot to read the work you did. :???:

I meant: *Hud* ideas

Press edit on your op post and select use full editor. You can edit the title.

Huh? In this moment, pretend I'm really stupid.

In the bottom right of your first post. There is a button that says edit. Press it. It opens the edit window. Below that, there is a button that says Use Full Editor. Press it. It opens the full editor. On the top there is a text box that says topic title and below it is Hub ideas. Change Hub to Hud. Scroll down a bit. Below the text box is a button that says Submit Modified Post. Press it. Voilà!

I meant: *Hud* ideas

Press edit on your op post and select use full editor. You can edit the title.

Huh? In this moment, pretend I'm really stupid.

In the bottom right of your first post. There is a button that says edit. Press it. It opens the edit window. Below that, there is a button that says Use Full Editor. Press it. It opens the full editor. On the top there is a text box that says topic title and below it is Hub ideas. Change Hub to Hud. Scroll down a bit. Below the text box is a button that says Submit Modified Post. Press it. Voilà!

Thank you, that was very helpful and  extremely hilarious :lol:, I really do appreciate it bud, peace and love.

Interessting suggestions here and there.

The darkness in nights is changing with moon cycles already, I think.

Sometimes it's nearly black, sometimes you can run around without problems.

PS: Wooah, wall of text. Some more structure (paragraphs) would help a lot to read the work you did. :???:

It has been edited.  How'd I do?

I'd like them to make you wear a watch on a wrist slot to know the time, otherwise you don't know the time. Unless as you said but tweaked. There is a clock in your view then it would automatically return. We lose digital clocks when the power goes out but not the analog clocks. 

Otherwise you need to use your senses or we get an estimated time, only showing 3 hour intervals.

It looks like noon.

it looks like evening.

etc.

I'd like them to make you wear a watch on a wrist slot to know the time, otherwise you don't know the time. Unless as you said but tweaked. There is a clock in your view then it would automatically return. We lose digital clocks when the power goes out but not the analog clocks. 

Otherwise you need to use your senses or we get an estimated time, only showing 3 hour intervals.

It looks like noon.

it looks like evening.

etc.

It's not an EMP blast.  The generators go down.  Digital clocks could still work.  Maybe they'll just have shorter lifespans or something.

The game is about How You Died. The way that I've always thought about the clock is that the minutes, hours, days, months that I survive are my score. I don't look at the clock as a literal time-reference for in-game events, it's my score. So when I talk to my buddies who play, I say: "My high score is three months, four days, six hours."

The game is about How You Died. The way that I've always thought about the clock is that the minutes, hours, days, months that I survive are my score. I don't look at the clock as a literal time-reference for in-game events, it's my score. So when I talk to my buddies who play, I say: "My high score is three months, four days, six hours."

Sorry, my "cheese" slipped off my "cracker."  Once I read, "How You Died," I knew exactly what you meant.  I can be bit slow at times, sorry again.  But the game will just tell you how long you survived, when you die.  So, you don't actually need the clock for that.  And I would personally, like to have the challenge of have to learning what time it is, based on the sun and the moon.  This game has the potential of having more fun AND educational value than we know.  Please, don't just throw this idea away.

then press V while in game, and the clock will disappear

You're not getting me.  With that kind of option, it still feels like cheating to me.  I want the brutal experience, in every aspect, within good taste.  Hell, I'd even like it without good taste, but I know they can't do that.  And I don't blame them.  There are, some REALLY fucked up concepts this game could be capable of representing.  But I digress.  I just want to be more absorded into this Role Playing Game

There used to be this, but now it's outdated. Maybe Thuztor will take it up once again later. If something can't be done in vanilla, we can always turn to modding!

I saw it, I love it, and I love you, thank you friend.

I like the idea of having some clocks which are dead and some which aren't.

Hell yeah, you know what's good.