How did you find out about PZ?

Like 3 years ago in Spring, I got downgraded to a joke of a laptop, and had to put Linux Mint on it, I found out about Desura and saw PZ was on the front page and saw the demo, I played that demo for hours.. Anyway found out 1.5d was out, got it through unofficial channels from the pits of hell and played that to death, tried 2.0r or whatever it was and it was too buggy for me.

Weirdly enough that old laptop can't even hope to run PZ anymore since my current one barely does.
I do strangely miss those Alien zombies and the old map though..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started watching ImmortalHD's lets play and instantly got hooked,183 hours of pure amazement. Thanks for the great game indie stone!

I wish he continued it, or rest of the creatures played it, instead of playing shitty zombie games. *cough* H1Z1 *cough*

Yeah I get what you mean, Imagine if they all played it multiplayer when cars come out, I could just see immortal take off in a car and leave everyone else behind lol.

Two years ago I downloaded Desura to try out an MMO game (I think it was called Mortal Online? I forget, that game was poop). Decided to give the Desura market a browse to see what was about. Found the demo for this game and tried it.

I got about 2 minutes in before deciding this game needed my money. Found the forums shortly after and soon discovered the community needed my love <3

Like 2 years ago, I used to play Minecraft, and one of the splash screens said "Also try out Project Zomboid", I was curious because the name intrigued me.

Downloaded a full pirated version (Sorry devs, don't worry, I already bought it), and accidentally killed Kate.

10/10

• 3 weeks later...

I found PZ while searching the tube. Mathas had a Let's Play of it, so I watch his videos plus others I think I have clocked well over 200 hours watching.

I don't own it yet but I will when it's on 50%+ sales (yes, I am tight and) as I don't know if the game will work on my laptop.

I found PZ while searching the tube. Mathas had a Let's Play of it, so I watch his videos plus others I think I have clocked well over 200 hours watching.

I don't own it yet but I will when it's on 50%+ sales (yes, I am tight and) as I don't know if the game will work on my laptop.

its only 15 dollars.......

and i doubt it EVER comes up as a 50%+ sale, there is a limit to how low they will let the price drop.

if in doubt about your laptops ability to play the game, try the FREE demo and see how it does

I looked up

Good survival games

Good zombie games

Good apocalypse games

Good wilderness games

I found PZ on all but Wilderness games so I checked it out and got the demo.  I then bought it on Desura about 6 months or a year before it came on Steam.

I found PZ after following Weem (weemcast) on YouTube through his let's plays of Rimworld (which I bought and enjoyed, but only for a month). That game was good, but as he is such a good narrator, he's fun to watch. After two or three of his episodes of Zomboid, I went directly to Steam to pick this up. Still enjoying squeezing my spiffo..

Its only 15 dollars.......

and i doubt it EVER comes up as a 50%+ sale, there is a limit to how low they will let the price drop.

if in doubt about your laptops ability to play the game, try the FREE demo and see how it does

I'm sure it will one day. lol

Its only 15 dollars.......

I'm sure it will one day. lol

maybe when the price goes up after full release, but there IS a limit to how low they will allow the price to drop

http://steamcommunity.com/app/108600/discussions/0/619573787648679796/

I was at work on a slow day and was looking for new games to play when I got home. I googled "isometric zombie game" or "zombie rpg" and PZ was the top of the list and proceeded to download the tech demo went through the tutorial. Proceeded to light the house on fire and went upstairs to grab kate, come back down and the entire thing was filled with fire and zombies. Quit the game, went back to website bought the game. 

This was back in 2011, and have really enjoyed my purchase. Excited for the future of project zomboid and it's team. I have purchased about 4 or 5 copies since then for friends so that we can play together.