How did you find out about PZ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found out about PZ from Jefmajor, who occasionally does some streaming, and that time he happened to stream Project Zomboid. This was many years ago however and his play-through is no longer there because Twitch, Google and Reasons >_<.

This was around the time when PZ had that bug where you would eventually be stuck in place and could not walk. However you could still aim, swing, shoot, etc. So the guy proceeded to take a minute, cue some 80s rock ballad on Winamp, opened the door of his man-made shack where a huge horde of zombies were knocking on and went out with a very long and loud bang.

Check the guy out though; funny as hell, witty, does not jump in most let's players bandwagons and one of his most favorite game genres is Rogue-likes (and rogue-like likes :P) and loves playing and supporting Indie games knowing he's getting absolutely nothing out of it from the devs. or anyone, just pure enjoyment.

I read an interview where Dean Hall referred several Zombie Games.

I investigated them a bit and got stuck on PZ.

Now I'm in love since March '14 and PZ reached first place (270h) in play time easily (about 70 games on my steam account so far).

<3 <3 <3

PS: thx Dean!

I cant actually remember!  I know I was interested before the steam release...  but I cant imagine where I would have heard about it from since steam is the only real place I look for Indie games

I think its possible I saw it on Greenlight, and downloaded a hooky copy :D

Needless to say as soon as it was on steam I purchased it. =)

My friend recommended I look at this game a while back, and I purchased it a few months before I played it. (Laptop wasn't up to scratch). Now, I have got half my friends into the game and I purchase a copy for someone whenever the game is n sale (provided my money situation is good). I'll keep supporting the devs any way possible, a good lot here.

Got spammed with the logo pic on Steam and was like "Wtf not more Day Z / Dead Island crap... and what's with the boring front pic?" *Hides*

Then somehow I came across the game on Youtube and was like "Zomg that's not FPS..." and "Zomg it looks good!"

...went to steam and downloaded some demo, bought it a day after. :o