Radio transmissions, random events in the world.

KyousukeAzai

Ok, so first of, this is more of an idea that went through my head as I was playing, more so than a suggestion, anyway, the core of the idea is pretty simple.

Adding a craftable radio, or simply snatching one around from a house, a garage, a car(once and if they are in the game) the list could go on where you could get your hands on one. Essentially, after some time in the apocalypse, the only reasonable means of communication pretty much would be your old radio and the idea is once you would acquire one, your world would once in a while transmit some kind of conversation or just a message and spawn the "event" somewhere in your world.

It could literally be anything i.e.:

Other survivors calling out to the world giving a bit of information about their status and location(once NPC are in the game)

Warnings about zombie hordes movement(the horde would spawn, once you'd hear the message)

Zombie attacks and call-outs for help, being limited by time

Maybe even some military convoys running through the area being attacked/killed off leaving some weaponry behind to scavenge(assuming they are not all dead knowing we still hear the helicopters every now and again)

That's just to mention some of the ideas, the events could literally happen anywhere in the world i.e., you could be in West point and the event would be in the Mall or Muldraugh, they could be both positive or negative and not always reachable.

It would add a bit to the late-game, provide resources for people who don't enjoy having their loot (unrealistically) respawn, spice up the difficulty a little bit as well probably and would support forcing people out of their comfort zone to explore a bit.