i got a request for you modders please

duby777

I have no idea how to mod. And not sure if it is even possibal for you guys to do what im asking.

Any chance some one could make me a umlimted weight mod? So i can carry as much stuff as i want too ^^

i guess i am a horder lol....i want to keep everything

thank you guys :)

I have no idea how to mod. And not sure if it is even possibal for you guys to do what im asking.

Any chance some one could make me a umlimted weight mod? So i can carry as much stuff as i want too ^^

i guess i am a horder lol....i want to keep everything

thank you guys :)

The easiest way to go about that is to just make all items have 0.0 weight.

This zipfile contains two text files that are to replace the ones you find in your project zomboid folder\media\scripts

http://pz-mods.net/temp/Zeroweight-items.zip. This will replace vanilla items weight with 0.

edit: perhaps you should make a backup of the old ones - just make sure they're not just renamed. They must be removed from the scripts folder

Confirmed. Hence such a container might look like this:

module bbag{    item BottomlessBag    {        WeightReduction        =    100,        Weight                =    0.0,        Type                =    Container,        Capacity            =    100,        DisplayName            =    Bottomless Bag,        Icon                 =     Backpack,        CanBeEquipped        =    Back,    }}

You'll need to wrap this up in a *.txt file in the /mods/script/ folder. Feel free to increase the capacity, and please, be so kind and post if you hit a maximum. I'd be interested.

Now for distribution. Since you don't want this bag to show up all over the place, you'll either need a fairy godmother or - better - a way to add it directly to your inventory.

I can give it a shot:

packmule = {};function packmule.addItems(_key)            if _key == 38 then        local player = getSpecificPlayer(0);        local inv = player:getInventory();            inv:AddItem("bbag.BottomlessBag");    endendEvents.OnKeyPressed.Add(packmule.addItems);

This code goes into a *.lua file in your /media/lua/ directory. Hit L ingame and it should spawn a fancy but tasteful backpack in your inventory. Let me know how many Clowns you can fit in there.

Oh and tell if it works because then i've indeed understood Robomat's lua-tutorial. If not... oh the humanity.

Your script is working

WeightReduction is a percentage, i believe. Let me check...

Apparently yes, because setting up wieght reduction to a ridiculous value (8000) i get a negative weight in my inventory. PZ is really defying the laws of physics. Gonna write a ticket in the bug reports ; though maybe it was intended...