Civilian MRE Mod

NCrawler

MODS_02.png

This mod adds twelve different civilian MRE's to the game.  A total of 34 new food items (6 normal meals, 2 vegetarian meals and 4 breakfast meals).  They are hard to find, but have a very long shelf life (5 years or 1825 days).  They are the perfect food for those lean winter months.

Entrees include:

Spaghetti with Meat Sauce

Chili with Beans

Vegetarian Ratatouille

Chicken with Noodles

Beef Ravioli in Meat Sauce

Chicken Fajita

Meatballs in Marinara Sauce

Vegetable Lasagna

Apple Maple Rolled Oats

Pork Sausage Patty

All MRE's will give -50/-55 hunger if consumed completely.

Changelog (current):

vB30.006 - 02/07/2015
    --Changed 'Throw Away' menu
        --[Now is a true context menu instead of a recipe]

* Full changelog contained in Readme.txt *

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/02myck9g6y7388k/NCCivMRE_vB30.006.zip

Feedback is encouraged and welcomed.  Give it a try and let me know what you think.

TODO:
   --Maybe add complete cases of MRE's

Credits:
    RoboMat - I just have a thing for your rnd function!  LOL

Edited by NCrawler

FEEDBACK - Great mod, Love the rarity and the way it is made.

SUGGESTION - Lower the weight reduction of the MRE to make it lighter please. Right now it weights more than a tactical axe lol.

Yeah, you're right.  When you find one complete, it's weight is determined by all the contents + weight of the bag itself.  I'll adjust the weights and post a new version in a few.

Very good mod overall. Not only do I like having more long term foods, but I rather enjoy the simple fact that the MRE isn't an item, but a container with several items. If I could only change one thing, I'd bump up the spawn rate, as I only managed to find four MREs with my loot on abundant.

Well, my spawning system is not tied in any way to the game options, so spawn rates are always going to be set at 3%.  You can change it to whatever you like, however.  Open NCCivMRE\media\lua\server\Items\NCCivMREDistributions.lua and change every RollPercent(3) to something like RollPercent(25).  That will bump the spawn chance to 25% and you will start finding a lot more of them.

This mod adds twelve different civilian MRE's to the game.  A total of 34 new food items (6 normal meals, 2 vegetarian meals and 4 breakfast meals).  They are hard to find, but have a very long shelf life (5 years or 1825 days).  They are the perfect food for those lean winter months.

Entrees include:

Chili with Beans

Vegetarian Ratatouille

Chicken with Noodles

Chicken Fajita

Vegetable Lasagna

Apple Maple Rolled Oats

Pork Sausage Patty

So, what else comes in the MREs? I know that I found crackers, but I only opened one of the MREs I found.

Entrees include:

Chili with Beans

Vegetarian Ratatouille

Chicken with Noodles

Chicken Fajita

Vegetable Lasagna

Apple Maple Rolled Oats

Pork Sausage Patty

So, what else comes in the MREs? I know that I found crackers, but I only opened one of the MREs I found.

Entree

Side

Cracker/Bread

Spread

Dessert

Accessory Pack

Those are the six items you will find in an MRE.  The Accessory Pack is a container like the MRE Bag.  It contains a few small essential items.

Entree

Side

Cracker/Bread

Spread

Dessert

Accessory Pack

Those are the six items you will find in an MRE.  The Accessory Pack is a container like the MRE Bag.  It contains a few small essential items.

My bad, I haven't phrased that right. I had meant to ask what were the different sides, spreads, and desserts.

Awesome job, man! Love it! :D

Glad you like it.

Entree

Side

Cracker/Bread

Spread

Dessert

Accessory Pack

My bad, I haven't phrased that right. I had meant to ask what were the different sides, spreads, and desserts.

Aw, ok.  Here is a list of the menu items that I based the mod on: http://www.mediafire.com/view/x7tpu7hs28cqc1a/Meal_Kit_Supply-January_2013_Menus.pdf

Aw, ok.  Here is a list of the menu items that I based the mod on: http://www.mediafire.com/view/x7tpu7hs28cqc1a/Meal_Kit_Supply-January_2013_Menus.pdf

Alright, thanks. In somewhat related news, did you know they recalled most of the MREs with the dairy shake things?

No, I didn't know that.  I guess the folks there in Kentucky didn't get to send them back in before the Z Apocalypse happened...  :)

New M.R.E. Weights are fantastic. Might want to raise the spawn rates of M.R.E.'s in warehouses/and other such places. But not in houses/zombies.

I'll do that now and release a new version.  I've also added a new context menu option, "Throw Away" for those pesky empty MRE and Accessory Bags.

New M.R.E. Weights are fantastic. Might want to raise the spawn rates of M.R.E.'s in warehouses/and other such places. But not in houses/zombies.

I'll do that now and release a new version.  I've also added a new context menu option, "Throw Away" for those pesky empty MRE and Accessory Bags.

Sounds awesome. Maybe we can use foods, cook items and use an empty MRE bag to make a new MRE

New version.  here's the changelog:

vB30.005 - 01/23/2015	--Added a 'Throw Away' context menu		--[Used for the empty MRE and Accessory bags]	--Adjusted spawn rates for specific buildings/containers		--[Sports Store and Crates]

It can be downloaded from the OP in a few minutes.

Sounds awesome. Maybe we can use foods, cook items and use an empty MRE bag to make a new MRE

I don't know if there are any in-game containers small enough that will fit realistically into the bag.  The bag only holds weight=3.  I'll think about it and experiment with my new mod.

I don't know if there are any in-game containers small enough that will fit realistically into the bag.  The bag only holds weight=3.  I'll think about it and experiment with my new mod.

Realism shouldn't be above fun. I think that "Homemade" MRE's, if you make them, shouldn't last as long, weeks at most, but should be more filling.

Realism shouldn't be above fun. I think that "Homemade" MRE's, if you make them, shouldn't last as long, weeks at most, but should be more filling.

True, but this is a very specific mod and I hadn't planned on adding any type of crafting to it.  The new mod that I am working on, however, will have quite a few things similar to 'homemade' MRE's.  They just will not be called that.  :)

True, but this is a very specific mod and I hadn't planned on adding any type of crafting to it.  The new mod that I am working on, however, will have quite a few things similar to 'homemade' MRE's.  They just will not be called that.  :)

What's the new mod?