Civilian MRE Mod

NCrawler

I don't know if there are any in-game containers small enough that will fit realistically into the bag.  The bag only holds weight=3.  I'll think about it and experiment with my new mod.

Realism shouldn't be above fun. I think that "Homemade" MRE's, if you make them, shouldn't last as long, weeks at most, but should be more filling.

True, but this is a very specific mod and I hadn't planned on adding any type of crafting to it.  The new mod that I am working on, however, will have quite a few things similar to 'homemade' MRE's.  They just will not be called that.  :)

What's the new mod?

It's a Food Preservation mod that I put down last year and have since picked back up.  It will include:

1. canning fruits and vegetables

2. canning fruit jams

3. sun dried fruits, vegetables and meats

4. jerky

5. fruit and vegetable juices

6. hardtack

Just a few more recipes to finish, a few graphics and then I will be ready to give out to one or more people for testing before I release it.  Interested in testing?

I don't know if there are any in-game containers small enough that will fit realistically into the bag.  The bag only holds weight=3.  I'll think about it and experiment with my new mod.

Realism shouldn't be above fun. I think that "Homemade" MRE's, if you make them, shouldn't last as long, weeks at most, but should be more filling.

True, but this is a very specific mod and I hadn't planned on adding any type of crafting to it.  The new mod that I am working on, however, will have quite a few things similar to 'homemade' MRE's.  They just will not be called that.  :)

What's the new mod?

It's a Food Preservation mod that I put down last year and have since picked back up.  It will include:

2. canning fruit jams

4. jerky

6. hardtack

Just a few more recipes to finish, a few graphics and then I will be ready to give out to one or more people for testing before I release it.  Interested in testing?

Sure. I don't mind, but I'll need a run down of things that I should be doing.

Sure. I don't mind, but I'll need a run down of things that I should be doing.

Great, I am redoing a bunch of graphics that I am not happy with at the moment and when finished I will send you the mod if you'll PM me your email address.  I'll also list recipes, what needs testing, etc.  Thanks...

your awsome mod i love it  i wonder with "throw away" wow  cool i wish those "throw away" each items as possile like broke items maybe want throw away  or repair ,,,, dirty sheet who want clean rag  or throw away    hmmmm  COOL and  rotten food when check see if there rotten  just throw away or keep it and eat get sick :)  ~!!!!!!!!!~             it @#$@ awsome MODS  i have test it  it good work wish more items if i want throw away all items gone  less lag  than put in zombies 

your awsome mod i love it  i wonder with "throw away" wow  cool i wish those "throw away" each items as possile like broke items maybe want throw away  or repair ,,,, dirty sheet who want clean rag  or throw away    hmmmm  COOL and  rotten food when check see if there rotten  just throw away or keep it and eat get sick :)  ~!!!!!!!!!~             it @#$@ awsome MODS  i have test it  it good work wish more items if i want throw away all items gone  less lag  than put in zombies 

You can actually do a 'throw away' menu item for each item in the game.  It would require a lot of recipes though and I don't have the time to do it.  Just add a script like this:

recipe Throw Away	{		destroy MREBag/MREAccessoryA/MREAccessoryB,				Result:nil,		Time:30,		OnTest:MREBagThrowAwayTest,	}

...and if a container, a function like this (checking if container is empty):

function MREBagThrowAwayTest (_sourceItem, _result)	local bagItems = _sourceItem:getInventory():getItems();	if bagItems:size() == 0 then		return true;	else		return false;	endend

Pretty basic but it gets the desired results in my mod.

I believe this mod is pretty much complete and well balanced. Other than keeping it up to date with the new versions as they release.

~Krogothar's Seal of Approval~

Excellent.  I'm still throwing the idea around of adding cases (12) of MRE's.  An extremely rare spawn.

I believe this mod is pretty much complete and well balanced. Other than keeping it up to date with the new versions as they release.

Excellent.  I'm still throwing the idea around of adding cases (12) of MRE's.  An extremely rare spawn.

Sure that would be awesome but maybe only found in the police station and gun shops "Survival nuts" you know.

New update.  Changelog:

vB30.006 - 02/07/2015	--Changed 'Throw Away' menu		--[Now is a true context menu instead of a recipe]

If updating to this version, you should delete the mod folder first as some files have gone away and others have been moved.

Sure that would be awesome but maybe only found in the police station and gun shops "Survival nuts" you know.

Yeah, that's the plan.  Right now I'm just working my way through some items in my To-Do list.

• 1 month later...
(...)

2. canning fruit jams

4. jerky

6. hardtack

I`ve just found my new hero in this community!

• 2 weeks later...

(...)

2. canning fruit jams

4. jerky

6. hardtack

I`ve just found my new hero in this community!

I will get back into this one shortly.  As soon as I finish updating my other mods, I'll get back to the preservation mod.  Wanna help test it?

First, Other mods? I know you have an "another weapons mod" (by the way, a great work). I didn`t know about others.

Seccond: Of course I can test it! :D Just give me instructions :D.

Do you need my e-mail or Skype? How I can give you them?

• 4 weeks later...

"more filling"? Have you ever tasted MRE's in real life? The ones I have were REALLY delicious.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...